Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Itelite DBS Range Extender Antenna

Reaction score
Is any body using the new ITE-DBS05.6B Range Extender antenna yet (for the ST16+ controller)? and if so are the results worth the money it costs? As here in Alberta we are restricted to line of site, just looking for more clarity on video reception. Thanks every one in advance for comments and opinions. PS I'm sure there most likely is a thread on here already some where just have not found it yet.

Is any body using the new ITE-DBS05.6B Range Extender antenna yet (for the ST16+ controller)? and if so are the results worth the money it costs? As here in Alberta we are restricted to line of site, just looking for more clarity on video reception. Thanks every one in advance for comments and opinions. PS I'm sure there most likely is a thread on here already some where just have not found it yet.
I am using this one for video and I'm very pleased with the results. I've tested it to around 4000' LOS to verify the signal strength. It takes awhile for shipping but it was worth the wait. It's very well built and I can unscrew it to put the ST16 back in the case.
5 Turn Helical 5.8Ghz Antenna, for FPV - LHCP, RP-SMA | eBay

Im using it, I have not traveled very far on it however i have yet to have transmission problems!

I modded my ST16 and now use this (ITELITE DBS Upgrade for Yuneec Typhoon H, Tornado H920L, ST16, ST24 Radio). If you have the ST16+ then you won't need to modify the radio - the antenna is the same though.
I have not flown with it enough to give an honest appraisal and I also don't intend to fly out to what I consider 'reckless' distances.
Some people using this system claim to get out to 3klm (1.86miles) easily and some have stated they can get 5klm (3.10miles).
I bought this system to give me the best chance of a solid signal - not for distance flying, and so far, so good.

Hey Great Responses, ArnhemAnt, that's what I was wondering about was the video signal strength. My Q500 I have Pink(survey Ribbon) streamers tied to it so can see it farther away, pretty much just a dot at 1500'. So do they have some of the same flying rules down under? 400' ceiling, and line of site, cannot not be within 9 kms of Airport? the airport one kind of sucks for me as the quarter mile drag strip we race on near Edmonton, AB. is to close to fly at track. And were not even in line with any of the Runways, but rules are rules.

ArnhemAnt, that's what I was wondering about was the video signal strength. My Q500 I have Pink(survey Ribbon) streamers tied to it so can see it farther away, pretty much just a dot at 1500'. So do they have some of the same flying rules down under? 400' ceiling, and line of site, cannot not be within 9 kms of Airport?

Yeah man, rules are pretty much the same 'down under'. I know that you can get an exemption on the airport stuff if you are certified under CASA, as I am, but I have never needed to go down that road.

I just received my ITELITE antenna (New version with the 3 antenna connectors). I was debating between the two.. I have a ST-16, and plan on performing the modification so I can hook up the telemetry antenna to it. (The box contains the connector to perform the modification.

I have to say that I can easily get 1.8km/1.1mi out of it now with no video loss. Plus, watching the videos from the controller doesn't show any dropouts that I was experiencing before. I also like that it's easily removed.

Reactions: Windluv
Just ordered one yesterday, I am looking for distance to be able to do Search and Rescue in desert terrain - So I'll post on here in the future the results. One YouTube video showed it in uncluttered space traveling 2.1 miles on a clear area. That's impressive for this aircraft - at those distances you would be managing the battery power.

Reactions: Steve Carr
You brought up a good point, monitoring the battery. Someone that flys out long distance for half the battery with the wind will not make it back flying against the wind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Guest22
I live in a dense city with lots of "dirty" air so 900 feet is my maximum distance w/ stock 3 antennas before losing video and/or telemetry. I have had good luck with the DBS antenna on my Q500 4K - up to 1,000 feet so I will be ordering one for the H this weekend. I only fly LOS and use these for peace of mind.

I modded my ST16 and now use this (ITELITE DBS Upgrade for Yuneec Typhoon H, Tornado H920L, ST16, ST24 Radio). If you have the ST16+ then you won't need to modify the radio - the antenna is the same though.
I have not flown with it enough to give an honest appraisal and I also don't intend to fly out to what I consider 'reckless' distances.
Some people using this system claim to get out to 3klm (1.86miles) easily and some have stated they can get 5klm (3.10miles).
I bought this system to give me the best chance of a solid signal - not for distance flying, and so far, so good.
I am leaning toward getting this antenna upgrade but I have a question.
In all the pics I see it shown the center antenna as being 5GHz but my TS16 is 5.8GHz. Can the TS16 5.8GHz work with a 5GHz antenna?

I am leaning toward getting this antenna upgrade but I have a question.
In all the pics I see it shown the center antenna as being 5GHz but my TS16 is 5.8GHz. Can the TS16 5.8GHz work with a 5GHz antenna?
Whenever you see a reference to 5GHz it has been shortened from 5.8GHz, so, yes they are the same.

Thank you to everyone for your input.
I received my DBS extender today.
While connecting the 3 lines to my ST16 controller I notice that the 5.8 GHz connection fit pretty tight and doesn't move when I tighten it down. However the two 2.4 GHz connections remain loose even after it tighten the lines to the ST16.
Is this normal?

Thanks again.

Thank you to everyone for your input.
I received my DBS extender today.
While connecting the 3 lines to my ST16 controller I notice that the 5.8 GHz connection fit pretty tight and doesn't move when I tighten it down. However the two 2.4 GHz connections remain loose even after it tighten the lines to the ST16.
Is this normal?

Thanks again.

Try removing the washer from the connector/s on the ST16 and then just tighten it back with only the nut. I had to do this on mine as well.

Arnhem is correct. All of the coax cables should be snug and should not move after you tighten the cable. If they are loose then remove the washer and they should tighten ok.

BTW, I found a way to fit the ST16 w/ the Intelite antenna attached in the factory backpack/case! I will post pictures tomorrow. I just a little trimming of the foam. I'm surprised no one has figured it out yet. I didn't this 2 months ago and kept forgetting to share.

Reactions: Stuart8282
I should have been an engineer by trade because I have a way of looking at things and making them work. Maybe I just got lucky but as you can see I just trimmed off key places in the foam. When you first take measurements it would not seem that this would not work but it actually does when you physically just get to it . Having a Dremel and finely carving top and side sections like this will make it fit for sure . Now granted there may be a little pressure on the unit once the lid is closed and zipped but if you're not jumping around and climbing mountains I think it's fine. I have had this mod for three months and there is no evidence of the antenna getting loose or any type of damage. Everything is still fitting snuggly in their respective compartments!

IMG_2915.JPG IMG_2916.JPG IMG_2917.JPG IMG_2918.JPG IMG_2919.JPG IMG_2920.JPG IMG_2921.JPG

I'm keen to see how you have done this - looking forward to seeing the pics.

Last edited:
Reactions: RiFF RaFF

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop