Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ITELITE for "H"

I have a question while we are discussing antenna; I watched this video (below) where they were replacing the camera lens and there is an antenna in the camera. I suppose there would be but if that is also directional why don't people lose connection easier when the camera is not facing you? That does not seem to be the case and I am curious.

(watch at 16:58)

Because it is a cloverleaf circular antenna, has better all around directional success, But did you see the one, where the guys stated that cutting a notch inside the antenna housing to allow for it to be re-positioned for better signal. But did mention, that you would loose signal if the bird was directly above you if you re-positioned? so a win/lose situation !:(

I have the DBS and get choppy and drop telemetry around 1500ft. I'm in the wide open and clear line of sight with antenna pointed at the H. I've seen videos of people out as far as 3000 with just the stock? I could only get to the same 1500. I'm pointing the controller at the H but, is really that sensitive,, do I need to attach a laser to the controller? lol,,,

I have the DBS and get choppy and drop telemetry around 1500ft. I'm in the wide open and clear line of sight with antenna pointed at the H. I've seen videos of people out as far as 3000 with just the stock? I could only get to the same 1500. I'm pointing the controller at the H but, is really that sensitive,, do I need to attach a laser to the controller? lol,,,

I had to take the washers out from between the connectors on the st16. The info is on there website

Nice Work! How easy is it to take apart the ST16?
And how close is the 2.4GHz clover leaf antenna down by the gimbal? It looks really close, but a bad camera angle. ;)
need to be a little cautious re: 3 plugs connecting wires from top to bottom of the case, 1 is especially short. their are 2 antennas (one not mounted) they are close but clear of gimbal, but as they interfere when the gimbal turns 360, I've since used 90 degree adapters and drop the antennas down about 100mm behind the gimbal.

Reactions: Bobjazz
Does anyone know if the lower power Euro setup affects connectivity?
I am suffering camera disconnects.
Also, I suspect the wifi antenna inside the plastic cover is cloverleaf.
Does a cloverleaf not radiate from all sides?
So if you point the top at the H the signal will be weakest.

need to be a little cautious re: 3 plugs connecting wires from top to bottom of the case, 1 is especially short. their are 2 antennas (one not mounted) they are close but clear of gimbal, but as they interfere when the gimbal turns 360, I've since used 90 degree adapters and drop the antennas down about 100mm behind the gimbal.
Any pics of the inside of the ST16? and the new antenna mounts?

Does anyone know if the lower power Euro setup affects connectivity?
I am suffering camera disconnects.
Also, I suspect the wifi antenna inside the plastic cover is cloverleaf.
Does a cloverleaf not radiate from all sides?
So if you point the top at the H the signal will be weakest.
No need to suspect, the wifi antenna in the camera is a cloverleaf. ;) When the camera is facing forward (perpendicular to the ground), the antenna is about 45°.
Check out Bo Lorentzen's channel on you tube, he has a video where they change the camera lens and you can see the wifi antenna inside.

Thanks Bob. Was not thinking correctly.
The one on the camera is Tx and the one on the ST16 is Rx.
So the Rx one must be a skew planar.
That would have a similar pattern but taller so if the top is "pointed"
at the H, that would be a weaker section of the pattern.

Thanks Bob. Was not thinking correctly.
The one on the camera is Tx and the one on the ST16 is Rx.
So the Rx one must be a skew planar.
That would have a similar pattern but taller so if the top is "pointed"
at the H, that would be a weaker section of the pattern.
That is correct, same for all cloverleaf antennas (also whip antennas). Strongest signal out of the 'sides'. Pretty much all 'omni-directional' antennas.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace