Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

It's getting worse for the typhoon.

I presently own a Typhoon H and happen to call it as I see it. The H is not what we were told it was going to be. Sure the controller is nice and the concept of a hex is great but Yuneec has missed the mark. The camera is pretty bad, and the closed system is very limiting. Autel is a much better value for the money right now and DJI while you may hate them did a smart thing by opening up the system to developers.
Whatever happened to simply flying for fun?? I am not now, nor will I ever be a professional videographer. I know less about bitrates than I know about women, and trust me, it's not a lot. The H has met my apparently very low expectations.

Reactions: Sectordrone
Whatever happened to simply flying for fun?? I am not now, nor will I ever be a professional videographer. I know less about bitrates than I know about women, and trust me, it's not a lot. The H has met my apparently very low expectations.
Because most people who buy a 'camera' drone do so because they wish to take aerial photographs or video. Whilst I am realistic about what camera is going to be at this price point I do expect it to take photographs as good as a GoPro as a minimum.
I did not buy the H just to fly about.

Reactions: Granpa and DerStig
Let me address the parts of the puzzle. lets look a the image chain from front to back. If you have a high resolution lens more information will get to the sensor, if you have a lower resolution lens it will lower the amount of information (data) that then sensor sees. Same goes for focus. Being in focus increases contrast, higher contrast is more information and that makes for more data. Being lower res reduces the processor overhead. If we were to record each and every bit that comes off the sensor and we are shooting 4K (4096x2160) at 24fps, there are three color channels (YUV) and each one is 8bit's deep (10bit would be better and 14bit is what is used for feature and TV production) and that gives a frame file size of 26.5MB. One second is 637MB or about 300Gigabytes/hour.... That's a lot of data that the processor has to wade through. If the image has a bit lower resolution you will limit the about of data since your GOP I frames have less difference across the frame. Now you have to compress that and that's getting rid of a ton of data and that's where codec's come into play. Some are good most are bad but in the end your grouping similar tones in the image and writing a key frame that describes the entire frame then your using those groups to only update the areas that have a change (GOP compression) I could get into I Frames P frames and B frames but it all has to do with motion and there where the variable bitrate comes in that is confusing Tuna.

Lets look at why Bitrate is an important number it gives and indication of compression ratio. Yuneec says that their cameras output 50Mbps or about 102/1 compression ratio. When they first advertised the capabilities of the CGO3+ they said it was 100Mbps which would have been 51/1 compression ratio. The Yuneec Raw is only giving you about 29Mbps which is 176/1 compression ratio. Compare those numbers to the P4 and the GPH4B which are running 85/1 compression and you start to see a performance metric.

In the end it's about color accuracy, contrast, and focus which is collectively called image quality and all of those are affected by Bitrate. Saying that Bitrate isn't a performance indication is a sign of not understanding the chain. One other thing to consider, if Bitrate wasn't important Yuneec wouldn't have advertised 100Mbps then changed over all their material to show 50Mbps...

Are you done now?

Double talk all you want.im a Yuneec person. Please don't try to confuse me with the facts. If you don't like the TH sell it, go buy something else. Look at my signature block, it says it all.

Reactions: Malibu_Rod
I presently own a Typhoon H and happen to call it as I see it. The H is not what we were told it was going to be. Sure the controller is nice and the concept of a hex is great but Yuneec has missed the mark. The camera is pretty bad, and the closed system is very limiting. Autel is a much better value for the money right now and DJI while you may hate them did a smart thing by opening up the system to developers.

Why are you here??

Your so right, I bought mine for looking,property surveilance. If I was into photography I would buy a model more suited, the H to me is more an low entry intermediate model for film.

Seems like someone started using the word troll and the little children ran with it cause it sounded cool.

Maybe those trolls know more than you think. LOL

"From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Look at them, troll mother said. Look at my sons! You won't find more beautiful trolls on this side of the moon. (1915) by John Bauer
A troll is a supernatural being in Norse mythology and Scandinavian folklore"

With that being said if we all sat back and said my Phantom is perfect, or, my Typhoon H is perfect just the way it is.
The manufactures would sit back and pat themselves on the back and say, My work is done here!

;)

Reactions: DerStig
Seems like someone started using the word troll and the little children ran with it cause it sounded cool.

Maybe those trolls know more than you think. LOL

"From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Look at them, troll mother said. Look at my sons! You won't find more beautiful trolls on this side of the moon. (1915) by John Bauer
A troll is a supernatural being in Norse mythology and Scandinavian folklore"

With that being said if we all sat back and said my Phantom is perfect, or, my Typhoon H is perfect just the way it is.
The manufactures would sit back and pat themselves on the back and say, My work is done here!

;)
Your wiki quotes are quotes that embellish your point to your likening, you failed to define the true meaning wiki presented. But it is cute I might add.

I am fed up with your technical comparisons, your discussions about what if and so on... Just fly, film and show us your work bacause the only thing that interests me is the result.
I have an H, I don't know if is the worst or the best, but I've done that :

Why, oh why do you allow these DJI turds to discombobulate you so much?!?!

It's nothing more than a massive smear campaign that's the result of DJI doing some agressive recruiting and radicalizing.

Ignore the BS from those moronic MF's. We have our H. We love our H. Period.

Feck off DJI.
It's got nothing to do with a DJI campaign.
I sold my phantom 3 for this great machine....well on paper it whas a great machine.
But pictures are blurry, connection of the wifi is really bad and it the sky it looses connection. The machine on paper good have been good but the marketing machine of yuneec is greater then the H imself.

Reactions: DerStig
Lmao. Snerd you are funny.

Hi, i have had my "H" for about four months and so far everything works perfect after approx. 25hrs flighttime and my 15 stillpic real estate customers are happy too! What's the problem?
BTW the "H" payed off and broke even after 2,8 assingments. :)

Glad to see the H is working out for you and you are getting the most out of your bird. I like to here success stores, too much noise lately.

Hi, i have had my "H" for about four months and so far everything works perfect after approx. 25hrs flighttime and my 15 stillpic real estate customers are happy too! What's the problem?
BTW the "H" payed off and broke even after 2,8 assingments. :)
I say great too. This is what most of us want to fall into. Fly safe.

It's got nothing to do with a DJI campaign.
I sold my phantom 3 for this great machine....well on paper it whas a great machine.
But pictures are blurry, connection of the wifi is really bad and it the sky it looses connection. The machine on paper good have been good but the marketing machine of yuneec is greater then the H imself.
Well, Luna if you don't like it so much, put it on ebay already?!?! Same to you DerStig. Stop pooping on our floor. Jeez!

You think the Typhoon H 2 will be better if people just ignore the issues instead of making a bit of noise about it? The H camera doesn't seem to be an improvement over the Q500 4K camera and in a lot of cases seems to be worse, if they listen to these complaints and release a superior camera with a more functional app they would have a market leading craft that would leave others in the dust.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval