Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I've had a fly away and lost my drone

by the solar activity app for Oct 2 it was not the best day to fly from 12:00 to 21:00 hrs. 4@12:00 , 2 @15:00, 5 @ 18:00 ,4@ 21:00 . i do't know if this will help but it could be why you had a fly away . after noon only a short window to fly . sorry about your mishap .

Reactions: Marky
I don't know if you got the message, if your a ham or a pilot you should have, but, there is, Govmnt. GPS testing going on all this week from the middle of the US to to farthest west coast , so be careful!

I had this happen in June, after losing contact, the H was found about 200 feet farther in the direction it was flying. Mine was traveling very slow when it happened. Your video looked as if the GPS was off and it was traveling very fast, so it could be quite a distance farther in the direction it was traveling. The first video shows the H OVER the lake. The second shows it past the lake, traveling parallel to the stream on the left. I would look in that area and direction. Good Luck.
PS: There is a small tracking device called the TRACKER which can be located if your within a few hundred feet. You use your phone to track it. It is VERY light and can be attached to your drone with Velcro or Rubber Cement. Then when your H goes down somewhere, you can go to the general area and pin point it with the Tracker. Just a suggestion members of the group.

I tried to contact Yuneec Europe today, but no answer or e-mail reply!!
I then contacted Yuneec UK, and they asked me to send in the ST16 Control unit, until they understood that I lived in Sweden and purchased the H in Germany. Then they told me that I had to contact Yuneec Europe.

I finally found out that it is a public holiday today (Oct 3) in Germany, so I have to wait until tomorrow...

It is interesting that your flight path looks quite close to what happened to mine. Here is an uploaded telemetry file.
Telemetry_00153.csv
Yes I guess it is similar, I've not got all my details like
Registration number and
Manufacturer Serial Number
to do my own?
I tried to contact Yuneec Europe today, but no answer or e-mail reply!!
I then contacted Yuneec UK, and they asked me to send in the ST16 Control unit, until they understood that I lived in Sweden and purchased the H in Germany. Then they told me that I had to contact Yuneec Europe.

I finally found out that it is a public holiday today (Oct 3) in Germany, so I have to wait until tomorrow...
I contacted them as well and they also mentioned me sending the ST16 but then she came back and told me to email the Telemetry and the videos to them. She mentioned a few of the staff are on holiday so a little short staffed. I hope you get some luck tomorrow.
It started in Smart mode, but when alerted about Compass error it told me to change to Angle mode which I did. Anyhow no success to take control.
I was panicking at this point but I'm pretty sure I was getting the same message

I went back over to my original location early this morning and found nothing in the area I then went back to the area where I got the last footage and GPS readings but some places their are very dense and I would need another drone to look down on it to have any chance of seeing it. Lets hope Yuneec find something in my Telemetry readings that I'd sent them today.

Was unclear if you tried searching at the last recorded coordinates in your telemetry file???

Was unclear if you tried searching at the last recorded coordinates in your telemetry file???
The last recorded coordinates from the Telemetry put the drone over the lake as shown on this diagram. Yes I managed to get in touch with the owner to the private lake who was really helpful and helped me search around the lake. There where about 5 fisherman around the lake but guess they where in their tents and never see anything.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 20.51.53.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 20.51.53.png
    548.5 KB · Views: 20
I feel some of your pain. Had my 1st malfunction requiring a reconnaissance mission yesterday but light damage and I found it. I remind myself often that these things are still relatively new and buggy and that's part of the risk of their enjoyment. Good luck!

Hi all I spoke with Yuneec U.K yesterday and they've sent my Telemetry reports off for analysing they also told me they'll replace my drone so I'm popping over to them on Friday as I live not too far away. I'm over the moon as I was so worried that I'd just lost everything.
Glad to hear they are taking care of you.

Sounds like 1st class customer service from Yuneec. I have Dynotape on my drones with a contact number and my details in case of fly away. Worth doing incase an honest member of the public finds it. (Unless it crashes into their Lamborghini) !!
That's a really good idea and I think I might do the same! I do wonder where my drone ended up? For all I know it could had hit a house or a person?

Marky did you go to the other side of the pond where redline ended to see if you could see your TH. Make sure that you look real carefully in the trees remember the TH is black so be very careful

Marky did you go to the other side of the pond where redline ended to see if you could see your TH. Make sure that you look real carefully in the trees remember the TH is black so be very careful
Yes I went back there again yesterday and tried a few other areas past the lake and couldn't find anything and I did look up in the canopy of trees and nothing at all. Now Yuneec are going to replace the drone I'm very tempted to do a fly by over these areas to see if it picks up on anything. TBH with you if I did find it I would return it to Yuneec as they've held there end and I've been brought up to be honest.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop