Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just can't make up my mind. P4 or Typhoon H

The p3 and 4 get it right. They don't have light bridge but a version of it. The H will retain the 720p through its range.

I did Read somewhere the resolution drops off the phantom the further you fly.

It's only 720p quite close or this is what I read somewhere, but it's not light bridge but a much cheap base on light bridge technology.
The P3P and P4 both have Lightbridge !

I am saying IT IS LIGHTBRIDGE ! it is a DJI patented LIGHTBRIDGE, get the facts before you argue non sense please ! DJI owns the technology, if wasn't , everyone would have it!;)

Reactions: raymond captuo
The p3 and 4 get it right. They don't have light bridge but a version of it. The H will retain the 720p through its range.

I did Read somewhere the resolution drops off the phantom the further you fly.

It's only 720p quite close or this is what I read somewhere, but it's not light bridge but a much cheap base on light bridge technology.

P3 PROFESSIONAL & ADVANCED models, and the Phantom 4 all have DJI Lightbridge (the real thing). The P3 STANDARD and P3 4K use WiFi (like the Typhoon H does).

The video feed is 720p on both the Lightbridge models and WiFi models. This is digital technology, so no such thing as a lower resolution as you fly farther away. You either receive the video signal or you don't receive it.

P3 PROFESSIONAL & ADVANCED models, and the Phantom 4 all have DJI Lightbridge (the real thing). The P3 STANDARD and P3 4K use WiFi (like the Typhoon H does).

The video feed is 720p on both the Lightbridge models and WiFi models. This is digital technology, so no such thing as a lower resolution as you fly farther away. You either receive the video signal or you don't receive it.
Thank you Captain !:rolleyes:

With the right anntena the Yuneec H is almost as good and like light bridge has a 720p HD feed.

Anyway at the end of the day why does it matter unless you intend to go miles away, which is illegal anyway to go out of line of sight.

Phantom owners are just still unhappy with the distance they are getting.

They have the greatest distance but the most unhappy customers are they keep still moaning about distance, and want to go further and the disatisfaction has only come about since the p3.

At the end of the day for almost everyone, light bridge or not dies not matter as you can extend the range of the H if you so wish and it's a matter of just replacing the anntena.

I still have my p3 pro but not going for the p4 as the Yuneec H has more to offer this time around.

It's modular and means any addons which the first is the Intel obstacle avoidance and camera options.

What annoys me about the whole phantom range now is to much like apple.

The st16 looks more profession and hdmi built in.

The p4 you still need a tablet or ipad, extra cost, a phone us too small I feel.

6 motors are better than 4 abd more lifting power.

The whole modular aspect of the yuneec gives it a brighter future.

For the camera it's just a matter of sliding the old one off and sliding the other on.

With the p4 you will be stuck with the same camera.

I am disappointed that djo did not change the shape still the old basic shape as the P1, just streamlined and a bit neater and the p4 has got fatter.

Was hoping a much better camera.

Still fixed legs and same shape so no radical design, just like apple products. That put me off.

Reactions: Judgeygx
Well change the anntena and will basically get the same range. It's just a matter of screwing on a new anntena.
The retracts and 360 camera are really a game changer and being able to pan forever in 360 degrees makes for much smoother videos.

Also won't be stuck with the same camera as the camera is modular and other camera options as well as addons coming.
The whole modular idea of the H has me sold and this time not going for the p4

Being able to stay in the air of one motor fails is far more important than whether or not you can fly 1.5+km away in my eyes. Not needing an additional piece of equipment to see where you are or where you are going reduces the expense of the unit purchase. Having a services center that is relatively active when you call and need help has been a big plus for me with my Q500. Do I need to keep going?

I beg to differ. How many people here have lost a single engine on a good quad? Raise your hand? I venture to say that number is very low.

Now how many people have needed to get an extra 200-500 yards to get a shot you needed? I bet a lot more people raised their hands.

Now I do tons of maintenance on all my birds but I've never needed prop redundancy once in all of my flying.

That said, I'm not making a judgement. I'll have my H any day now and I'll make a comparison for myself then. As of now, the P4 is my most entertaining bird.

I beg to differ. How many people here have lost a single engine on a good quad? Raise your hand? I venture to say that number is very low.

Now how many people have needed to get an extra 200-500 yards to get a shot you needed? I bet a lot more people raised their hands.

Now I do tons of maintenance on all my birds but I've never needed prop redundancy once in all of my flying.

That said, I'm not making a judgement. I'll have my H any day now and I'll make a comparison for myself then. As of now, the P4 is my most entertaining bird.
Like I said if you want that extra 200 or 500 meters it's just a matter of screwing in a better anntena.

The curved cable cam is so amazing and makes getting pro like videos so much easier than the p4. No need to buy a ipad or Taber. Get hdmi ad standard and I have had a motor go out on my p2+ and came crashing down. I don't know what happened as it never happened since; but yes had a motor give out. It's 480 size not the 350 size of the phantom. I have the p3 pro and while it's nice, with ipad mini it's very top heavy and unless you use the inspire harness not very comfy to use.

The p4 your stuck with the same camera whereas yuneec are to come out with different camera to suite your taste. There is no way to change the p4 camera

If your into taking videos and love to, the yuneec H has more features to help you get pro like videos.

The p4 still suffers from the unprotected ribbon which usually break during a crash and it still suffers horizontal issues like a lot of phantoms suffer from.

But allow me to add this fact please.. How many have lost there rigs from cracked shell's and motors twisting off . Along with wiring to the ESC's failing.. I like Phantoms.. have owned 6 but won't own anymore.. The P3Pro was my last straw. IMO.

I am actually tossing up between a PSP 3 or an H, and my biggest draw for the Phantom is the speed its like 60 % faster thats a lot of speed, specially if you want to do vehicle shots etc

I am actually tossing up between a PSP 3 or an H, and my biggest draw for the Phantom is the speed its like 60 % faster thats a lot of speed, specially if you want to do vehicle shots etc
If your going P3 and going for speed.. Order an extra shell or lower your braking settings or you will certainly crack the shell. Its a severe problem on the P3 can't say about the P4..

Yuneec CS is good, but turnaround in repairs sucks. Took them 3 weeks to work on my 4K camera turned out to be a few wires loose. I do all my own repairs now on my q500 (replaced 1 motor and replaced a ESC), otherwise I'd never be flying... Upside is I've gotten much better at soldiering!

But allow me to add this fact please.. How many have lost there rigs from cracked shell's and motors twisting off . Along with wiring to the ESC's failing.. I like Phantoms.. have owned 6 but won't own anymore.. The P3Pro was my last straw. IMO.
I guess everyone's experience is different. Any problem I've had with the P3P has been minor and correctable. Granted with the P4 on my second one, I ran into some problems but I ended up with 2 perfect ones.

I like the H for one reason, it's fundamentally different than the Phantoms but it looks like they're about to have their share of problems, ask any engineer which was better made, the P3X/4 or the Q500.

That said, I have high hopes and can't wait to get my H WHICH I WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE first.

You can get this antenna that installs in about 5 min or less. Just unscrew the original antennas and replace with this one.
ITELITE DBS for Yuneec Typhoon H, Tornado H920L, ST16, ST24 Radio

This was tested to over 6000'.
Sorry, but the Itelie that I have for my Q500k did absolutely NOTHING for it. In fact it ma be a bit worse. Did all the trouble shoots (crossed wires and the like) to no avail. Personally I wouldn't give them another $119.99 for more of the same. Furthermore, if these add on antennas really make a difference, why doesn't Yuneec include them in their design in the first place?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz