Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just done the exam for Remote Pilot Cert UK

Good luck with the manual,i found the manual the hardest bit, did mine a year ago but did it for flying solo as it saves me having to have a spotter with me on jobs all the time.

Better than me, only got 86%, but still a pass, I now need to crack on and get my QRH and Ops manual written oh and practice flying the Typhoon in Atti mode for the practical.

Well done. The Manual is a challege but remember to include every eventuality. It took me a year to complete the whole process due to flight test being called off many times last summer. Hint: Nose - In flying .... get it down to a T.

Reactions: FlushVision
My flight test was quite windy, took me up to 120m and then atti and then fly back to your feet and another was manoeuvring into confined space but flight test quite easy so just normal practice and then easy pass

Good luck with the manual,i found the manual the hardest bit, did mine a year ago but did it for flying solo as it saves me having to have a spotter with me on jobs all the time.

Just out of interest do you never fly fpv then?

Yeah use screen all the time, never tried goggles cause you are not Supposed to use them.

Sorry get what you mean now, did my manual based on solo flying but using a spotter if required, more difficult to write manual but better on pocket and easier if there is only one to worry about.

Better than me, only got 86%, but still a pass, I now need to crack on and get my QRH and Ops manual written oh and practice flying the Typhoon in Atti mode for the practical.
I haven't enough experience to do a practical with the Typhoon H. I've only flown it 4 times so far, so I'm gonna include a Phantom 2 Vision Plus as well as the H in my Ops Manual and fly the Phantom for the practical unless I get plenty more experience with the H before the test.

Last edited:
I've just started on my manual today. The guy has given us just 15 working days to submit it for it's first review so I thought I'd get cracking on it.

BTW, I'm doing my manual for solo too. I only have myself to think about that way.

Best way to go in my opinion, I've spoken to others who did manual with a spotter etc which ties you in to more cost, i found the manual harder for solo as there was not much help out there but for me anyway it makes life a lot easier as if I'm out working and get another job i always have one of my bits of kit with me and can plan it or do it on the spot, Think you are smart not doing manual with typhoon as stick with what you are sure of for now and when you get PFAW you can do another section on typhoon and submit that without the pressure of your first manual. best of luck with it.
Donnie

Best way to go in my opinion, I've spoken to others who did manual with a spotter etc which ties you in to more cost, i found the manual harder for solo as there was not much help out there but for me anyway it makes life a lot easier as if I'm out working and get another job i always have one of my bits of kit with me and can plan it or do it on the spot, Think you are smart not doing manual with typhoon as stick with what you are sure of for now and when you get PFAW you can do another section on typhoon and submit that without the pressure of your first manual. best of luck with it.
Donnie
Thanks for that Donnie.
I think you have misread my earlier post, though. I'm gonna include the Phantom AND the Typhoon into the Ops Manual: Since they are both in the same weight class (SUAS) I only need to be tested with one of them, so unless I get plenty more experience with the H before the test, it's gonna be the Phantom I take to the test because I have loads of experience with that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval