Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just happened on this place while looking for somewhere to fly.

Reaction score
Using google maps to find somewhere scenic to fly and happened on this place.

Been here over ten years and though I knew this place existed I didn't know exactly what or where it was.

Glad I tried it out.

Looks beautiful there man. Isn't it great when you come across places like that. Some places you may have loved now even get a refresh being able to view them from above now. i:)i

Reactions: Ddraiggoch
Been by that place many times over the years as I traveled down I-24. Even from the roadway it is scenic, but your vertical perspective really enhances the countryside.

Hi Ddraiggoch.
Ymddengys eich bod yn dod o hyd i le braf iawn i hedfan. Dawel iawn ac ymlaciol fideo. Mae hefyd yn unrhyw le delfrydol i ddechrau profi gosodiadau cydbwysedd a hidlwyr ND llaw gwyn. Byddai'n gwneud gwahaniaeth mawr i'r ddelwedd terfynol wrth newid o dywyll i ardaloedd golau.

Hi Ddraiggoch.
Ymddengys eich bod yn dod o hyd i le braf iawn i hedfan. Dawel iawn ac ymlaciol fideo. Mae hefyd yn unrhyw le delfrydol i ddechrau profi gosodiadau cydbwysedd a hidlwyr ND llaw gwyn. Byddai'n gwneud gwahaniaeth mawr i'r ddelwedd terfynol wrth newid o dywyll i ardaloedd golau.

Hi, this is an English based forum, please use English or find one in your language.

Hi, this is an English based forum, please use English or find one in your language.

Wow! Sorry that my humour regarding the name of the OP 'Ddraiggoch' which means 'Red Dragon' in Welsh, fell short of your requirements. Let's hope there won't be a member with a French name, because it's then possible my humour could upset you again.

Here's the translation for those who are interested.

"You seem to have found a nice place to fly. Very quiet and relaxing video. It is also an ideal place to start testing your manual white balance settings and an ND filter. It would make a big difference to the final image when you're changing from dark to light areas".

Wow! Sorry that my humour regarding the name of the OP 'Ddraiggoch' which means 'Red Dragon' in Welsh, fell short of your requirements. Let's hope there won't be a member with a French name, because it's then possible my humour could upset you again.

Here's the translation for those who are interested.

"You seem to have found a nice place to fly. Very quiet and relaxing video. It is also an ideal place to start testing your manual white balance settings and an ND filter. It would make a big difference to the final image when you're changing from dark to light areas".

I was not upset and I don't run these forums but I do run one for my gaming clan. It is just common courtesy to speak English in English forums. There are guys from all over the world here and I think that is fantastic! I love other cultures. It is just that English is the "Common Tongue" here. i:)i

I would not have minded your quote at all if you included the English translation as well. i:)i
I also love humor believe me. I have a very weird sense of humor, ask my ex wife. i:)i

I was not upset and I don't run these forums but I do run one for my gaming clan. It is just common courtesy to speak English in English forums. There are guys from all over the world here and I think that is fantastic! I love other cultures. It is just that English is the "Common Tongue" here. i:)i

I would not have minded your quote at all if you included the English translation as well. i:)i
I also love humor believe me. I have a very weird sense of humor, ask my ex wife. i:)i

As a self proclaimed Internet forum expert I would expect you to know that the more you post, the more your character is exposed. It is just "common courtesy" to remind you of that. As far as your claim to love humour, I think your mixing that up with a clear trait of "arrogant intolerance", with your statement of "I would not have minded ..." being a prime example.

As a self proclaimed Internet forum expert I would expect you to know that the more you post, the more your character is exposed. It is just "common courtesy" to remind you of that. As far as your claim to love humour, I think your mixing that up with a clear trait of "arrogant intolerance", with your statement of "I would not have minded ..." being a prime example.

I had a much longer response which I am sure you seen in your email. I choose to remove it here because this is a lame argument. You can attack my character all you want if that makes you feel better as a person. In the meantime I will treat you with respect because this is who I am.

I am sure everyone on these forums really does not care about this and neither do I to be honest. It is lame to keep bringing it up. I won't respond to anything regarding this again. Let it go. Please do not even comment on this.

Lets just discuss drones okay?

Last edited:
Zerone, hiya
I am assuming that you were as elated seeing the nom de plume "Ddraiggoch" as I was in spotting your message yn cymraeg ... Sorry ... in welsh

Yn wreiddiol dwyn dwad o Gaercybi, yn Ngogledd Cymru. Ble wyt ti'n dod?

Oh oh, watch out for the language police boyo!

Try again ...... Originally I am from Holyhead in North Wales. Where are you from?

Perhaps I should stick to "Seis" for the benefit of those that think they speak english?

Wotcher cocker! Brill getting a butchers at yorn gab.
I were tickled pink I were, not 'alf, over the moon even.

Thems will be in a right tis and shredding the barnett trying pick the bones outa that un me old mate.

Makes me wish I'd kissed the blarney stone along the lines of Professor Unwin, so it do.

Still, more seriously thank you for the tips.
I intend to experiment with the camera settings.

At the moment though I am taken up with trying to find some form of navigation lights that are visible, in daylight, from a distance. By distance I mean up to 1500 feet.

I have put an Itelite upgrade on tbe ST10+ and it's the bees knees. Need to be able to recognise orientation from afar though sigh.

I am assuming that you were as elated seeing the nom de plume "Ddraiggoch" as I was in spotting your message yn cymraeg ... Sorry ... in welsh

Yn wreiddiol dwyn dwad o Gaercybi, yn Ngogledd Cymru. Ble wyt ti'n dod?

Cyfarchion,

Yup! I was rather surprised, but lots of things still surprise me in this world. :rolleyes: I liked your reference to Prof Unwin and your excellent handle on whatever language that was. My very early years were Welsh and French with English only being added when I started school.

BTW, you forgot to translate "nom de plume". (Pen name, nick-name, or probably 'handle' where you are.)

I live just South of Bridgend (Ewenny) since retiring from a profession where my clients didn't care what language I spoke, as they were usually fast asleep and under the age of five.;)

As for your search for a navigation light for your machine, have you thought of testing the idea with a lightweight high power torch and a few zip-ties. I tried one on each leg of my Phantom last year and they worked OK, but I'm not really a distance flier so can't say how far away they can be seen. I too had the Itelite antenna for my Phantom, the DBS 02, but have never got around to fitting it. I might try it one day to see if I can reach the English coast from my garden. :eek:

Hwyl fawr

Bridgend eh?
I was at the American diner at the rugby club back in Feb

My son lives in Aberfan and I was visiting across the pond from here

I have put a couple of those flashing led bicycle lights on, red left and blue right.

Couldn't find a green, yet, tried putting yellow tape over the blue. It gave me green but dimmed the light too much after about 60 ft sigh.

They are great at night but only useful up to about 200 feet in daylight, less if really sunny

Hwyl fawr i chi Hefyd

The "Pitch Diner" at Brewery Field if I'm not mistaken. I've never been there, but if it was a Saturday afternoon I might have been in the Tesco store, a few hundred yards away.:D

As for the torch thingy, I didn't use coloured lenses, just bright white 700 lumin torches so I could see if it was pointing towards me, or not. I used to fix them on the gimbal guard between the legs of the Phantom.

Aberfan eh! That was a sad village after the coal-tip disaster which wiped out most of it's children, but it appears to be healing well when I was last there a few years ago. I went to a memorial service in the garden of rememberance and stayed on the local pub talking to residents for a few hours.

I have some really bright white fixed to the battery door and wanted different colours on the sides so these old eyes know which way it's facing. Will have to try some of those torches, see if I can colour them

Yes, that was terrible. I remember the day well. So sad.

I am in TN now, been here since 1999

I am in TN now, been here since 1999

I take it that's Tennessee, not Taunton. I've never been there, but quite facinated by some of the place names. Nash City, Knox City, Blythe City and Dyers Castle. That's Nashville, Knoxville, Blytheville in French and Dyersburg in German. Just kidding, honest.:p

Yes, Tennessee.

Hehehehe try getting your laughing gear around Chicamauga or Sequachie and I thought Chattanooga was bad enough.

Here's an easier one .... Nickajack.

That's the lake in the Marion County video.

I found another promising location for when I get a chance.

It's about 9 miles from a major airport but only about two from a single strip private one.

Will gave to see who to contact for permmission.

Chattanooga is one of my all time favourite place names. It's from the Cherokee dialect with a rough translation of "Fish Catchers", or something like that. Sadly, it's nothing to do with Glenn Miller's train.

Now Nickajack is interesting and brings all kind of thoughts to mind, but I've no idea for its root. Probably another native American link, but it looks a very attractive place to fly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
koush