Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just Off the Phone with Yuneec USA

That lucky schmuck is one of the biggest names in the TV Food biz. Probably just a fan of technology and good cheap promotion for Yuneec.
I new he was on TV, etc. but don't see the connection that would prompt him getting an early release versus tech editors, etc. who so far have mostly just been able to do a review of one when Trent came for a visit, etc. How many folks watching Alton are doing so to get his input on a drone?

Not sure about anyone else in our "group", but after all the angst and frustration of the delay..... For this.....person......to get a unit before any paying customers is to me a real kick in the guts!
Who do we tell?

Not sure about anyone else in our "group", but after all the angst and frustration of the delay..... For this.....person......to get a unit before any paying customers is to me a real kick in the guts!
Who do we tell?
I agree Chris, a freakin food biz nerd, who the **** gave it to him, I'd like to know! Better not have been Yuneec !, Why didn't Yuneec give Yuneec Pilots a few to kick around a few weeks back? Then we could all play with it a couple days and pass it on to another forum member and so on!, We do more publicity for it than anyone. " The Waiters Club Review of the Mysterious H"

I agree Chris, a freakin food biz nerd, who the **** gave it to him, I'd like to know! Better not have been Yuneec !, Why didn't Yuneec give Yuneec Pilots a few to kick around a few weeks back? Then we could all play with it a couple days and pass it on to another forum member and so on!, We do more publicity for it than anyone. " The Waiters Club Review of the Mysterious H"
Tim from Yuneec, read this. Send one to one of us with a bunch of shipping labels. Each of us will do a "free" review and pass it on it the next forum member. Better make that 2 units, one to OZ and the other to USA - We don't need more bickering waiting for it it ship over seas. Better yet, send each of us a st16 controller and we will fly it to the next person :)

Reactions: Chris McMillan
Maybe Yuneec, bless 'em, got confused with the term "Waiters" thinking it something to do with the food industry, and not realising the irony we've used to describe the dumb idiots they're treating so badly.

Reactions: DroneClone
Tim, if you're there, still haven't heard if there has been a revised manual uploaded yet for the "H"
Can't find anything online, and as we know, the units are about to be received by a few lucky customers....soon.....in the next couple of weeks.....
Any news my friend?

Alton has posted about using Yuneec drones on his road show--- There's actually a video of them flying one around a theater (Hope they have a FAA waiver...LOL. Regardless of your thoughts about the man...or his celebrity status -- He must know someone, is a friend to Yuneec, and got one. Maybe he has spent a boat load of money on their drones and gets top customer priority.

Like my Dad use to always tell me....If the President of the USA shows up at a restaurant and all the tables are booked...You think they are going to make HIM wait for a table?!? (or something to that effect).

Yeah...Life sucks and we want our TH NOW!!!! Yuneec has to create a buzz about the TH for the rest of the world and they use different reviews, blogger, YouTubers, and celebs to do it. Cheapest way to get their products out to the masses in terms of advertising.

I understand that Hal, but surely they appreciate how galling that is to the people that have paid....PAID...good money for one and then see this?
Also, I've nothing against them "creating a buzz" but first make sure they've got the stock to deliver on claims, like 4 months ago...... CES January, remember?

Last edited:
Incidentally, I've just visited Aces Deals site... Not sure if they're aware of this, but they are showing the Typhoon H with the encouragement to "Order now for April delivery"... Then a couple of lines down "Shipping May 15th according to mfr"
You have to laugh, don't you...... Or do you?.....

Alton has posted about using Yuneec drones on his road show--- There's actually a video of them flying one around a theater (Hope they have a FAA waiver...LOL. Regardless of your thoughts about the man...or his celebrity status -- He must know someone, is a friend to Yuneec, and got one. Maybe he has spent a boat load of money on their drones and gets top customer priority.

Like my Dad use to always tell me....If the President of the USA shows up at a restaurant and all the tables are booked...You think they are going to make HIM wait for a table?!? (or something to that effect).

Yeah...Life sucks and we want our TH NOW!!!! Yuneec has to create a buzz about the TH for the rest of the world and they use different reviews, blogger, YouTubers, and celebs to do it. Cheapest way to get their products out to the masses in terms of advertising.
Yes, but how many people following this guy are drone enthusiasts ready to through down $1300. Having his name on a list of celebrities that have chosen the H over the P4 does nothing for me. Having one of the "Tech" guys (PC mag, Engagit, Verge, etc) give an endorsement would much more give most UAV enthuisasts on the fence, the green light to spend that kind of money. If it was given to him because he asked Yuneec for it and he pushed with the weight of his wallet I fully understand, money talks. If they gave it to him as a free promo, then I think there is a list of more influential people in the UAV circles that can convince someone to shell out $1300 (really $1550 backpack/extra battery).

Incidentally, I've just visited Aces Deals site... Not sure if they're aware of this, but they are showing the Typhoon H with the encouragement to "Order now for April delivery"... Then a couple of lines down "Shipping May 15th according to mfr"
They definitely need to update that to shipping in 1 to 2 weeks ;)

I loved the good eats show. Maybe someone is going to set up "food delivery mode". Hope they ship it before they do :)

I loved the good eats show. Maybe someone is going to set up "food delivery mode". Hope they ship it before they do :)
Maybe I stand corrected? Maybe he does have a large UAV enthusiast audience? My wife does all the cooking, so I will try to keep quiet for the rest of this conversation :)

I don't disagree with any of these comments....Just taking, perhaps, Yuneec's perspective. I also work in media and have seen how these things go.... Amazing what a little "celebrity" does for one....And Alton reaches a different audience then all the tech bloggers....

I learned earlier this week that Yuneec's East Coast sales rep still didn't get his Typhoon H yet ---- Of course, that could have changed now. But, how do you think HE feels...He works for the **** company....

I don't disagree with any of these comments....Just taking, perhaps, Yuneec's perspective. I also work in media and have seen how these things go.... Amazing what a little "celebrity" does for one....And Alton reaches a different audience then all the tech bloggers....

I learned earlier this week that Yuneec's East Coast sales rep still didn't get his Typhoon H yet ---- Of course, that could have changed now. But, how do you think HE feels...He works for the **** company....
Well if they send one to Oprah, I am canceling my order and getting a P4!

Hee Hee ! I can't laugh no more, I've done used them all up on Yuneec !, Man, I must be pussy whipped on the "H", to let her lie and deceive and stay away from me all hours of the day and night and never come home to me! And yet I am still faithful to her that she will change and come to me!

looking at various sites....BHPhoto which used to show an anticipated ship date of 5/5 is now showing "Not Available", a drone vendor I contacted yesterday said possibly next week as a ship date, Amazon vendors show 5/15, Best Buy is showing 5/31.

I'm hoping whoever said that units are on FedEx trucks across the country is true to his word. If people who pre-ordered get their units this week or early next, that's great, just hope its not more deliveries to celebrities and selected tech review sites in order to pump out more unboxing videos to keep the masses tantalized.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal