Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just ordered my Tyhoon H from Adorama it was in stock.

Reaction score
Adorama.com has stock it's tax free and comes with free 3 day shipping and a 30 day return policy, sweet. I'll be doing a comparison video between the Phantom 4 and the Tyhoon H only one bird could stay. So how's the H treating you guys?

Reactions: Mocha
Someone else posted that Adorma doesn't have the pre-order version that came with the free wizard.

Most of us are happy though there have been some road bumps.

Someone else posted that Adorma doesn't have the pre-order version that came with the free wizard.

Most of us are happy though there have been some road bumps.
I don't really much care about the free Wizard in all honestly but I would like to see how the tracking system works even though I know you need the wizard for that. With the Phantom 4 it hasn't been a walk in the park I've been through 11 of them with the most common problem being the annoying squeaky camera gimbal in which DJI how's been doing a great job brainwashing people in to thinking its normal.

I don't really much care about the free Wizard in all honestly but I would like to see how the tracking system works even though I know you need the wizard for that. With the Phantom 4 it hasn't been a walk in the park I've been through 11 of them with the most common problem being the annoying squeaky camera gimbal in which DJI how's been doing a great job brainwashing people in to thinking its normal.
You've been through 11 P4's?!

Holy crap! That's incredible! I would not think "any" manufacturer would send that many to one customer. At some particular "financial" point, it would be a losing proposition for them. i would think about 3 or 4 lol!!

Holy crap! That's incredible! I would not think "any" manufacturer would send that many to one customer. At some particular "financial" point, it would be a losing proposition for them. i would think about 3 or 4 lol!!
And you're totally right not "DJI" those cheap Chinese bastards. Jk. I got mine from Apple. :)

You have a good one now, though?
The one I currently have works well except for two annoying obvious problems first one being that it doesn't connect the DJI assistance program on the computer, second problem being it still has the **** annoying camera gimbal squeak every time you boot it up.

The one I currently have works well except for two annoying obvious problems first one being that it doesn't connect the DJI assistance program on the computer, second problem being it still has the **** annoying camera gimbal squeak every time you boot it up.
You have to be the unluckiest man in the world lol! That is an incredible run of bad birds!

I own a phantom 4 and have been flying the typhoon h now for a week. I've owned every phantom product in the lineup over the years, but I'm FAR from a dji fan. On the contrary, I think their software is really glitchy and I chat stand the constant formware updates. I do cut them some slack though - they have been on the leading edge and I guess challenges come with that territory. I fly professionally with a 333 exemption (not flying the h for that yet though, since it hasn't yet hit the FAA approved list). A couple thoughts about the 2 aircraft:

h is much more stable - p4 really moves around a lot. I have the altitude loss problem as well, but almost everyone I talk to has that problem.

P4 has a much better feel from a build quality perspective. Just seems cleaner and more refined. It's also more intuitive, though admittedly, I've been flying dji products since they came out. I remember thinking they were pretty non-intuitive In my first flights as well.

No real manual with h - I have no idea what some of the buttons on the remote do. I also have no idea yet how to engage smart functions like journey, follow me, etc.

The camera tilt on the h is a nightmare. Way to fast and too touchy. Also hard to control vs the center return style on the p4.

I love the dedicated video and still photo buttons on the h remote.

I also love the integrated display on the h, and I don't notice a significant difference in quality vs using an iPhone/iPad with the p4.

Camera quality seems pretty similar to me. I don't have the most discerning eye, but I can't tell a difference between them. Little things like how smooth the prop removal/install is on the p4 compared to the h give the feel of a product with a longer history of development.

I really like the rabbit/turtle control on the h. It's very nice for video to be able to slow things down. The p4 controls are pretty touchy out of the box. Even playing with them, it takes a very steady hand.

Of course, the retractable landing gear, the 6 rotors and the pan control on the h are a huge bonus.

I have a p3 as well, and one of my 3 birds has to go. I'm thinking it will be the 3, but that one has served me so dang well it's hard to say goodby!

Overall, I would say I'm very happy with everything about the h, with the exception of the camera tilt (which, without having a manual, I must admit could be me doing something wrong). Build quality is noticeably "cheaper" feeling, but it doesn't affect how it operates.

I hope that helps anyone that is contemplating the purchase of an h. If anyone flying an h has input on my issues with camera tilt and inability to enter smart mode has a solution, I'd greatly appreciate advice!

Reactions: Jeffrey Solorio
I own a phantom 4 and have been flying the typhoon h now for a week. I've owned every phantom product in the lineup over the years, but I'm FAR from a dji fan. On the contrary, I think their software is really glitchy and I chat stand the constant formware updates. I do cut them some slack though - they have been on the leading edge and I guess challenges come with that territory. I fly professionally with a 333 exemption (not flying the h for that yet though, since it hasn't yet hit the FAA approved list). A couple thoughts about the 2 aircraft:

h is much more stable - p4 really moves around a lot. I have the altitude loss problem as well, but almost everyone I talk to has that problem.

P4 has a much better feel from a build quality perspective. Just seems cleaner and more refined. It's also more intuitive, though admittedly, I've been flying dji products since they came out. I remember thinking they were pretty non-intuitive In my first flights as well.

No real manual with h - I have no idea what some of the buttons on the remote do. I also have no idea yet how to engage smart functions like journey, follow me, etc.

The camera tilt on the h is a nightmare. Way to fast and too touchy. Also hard to control vs the center return style on the p4.

I love the dedicated video and still photo buttons on the h remote.

I also love the integrated display on the h, and I don't notice a significant difference in quality vs using an iPhone/iPad with the p4.

Camera quality seems pretty similar to me. I don't have the most discerning eye, but I can't tell a difference between them. Little things like how smooth the prop removal/install is on the p4 compared to the h give the feel of a product with a longer history of development.

I really like the rabbit/turtle control on the h. It's very nice for video to be able to slow things down. The p4 controls are pretty touchy out of the box. Even playing with them, it takes a very steady hand.

Of course, the retractable landing gear, the 6 rotors and the pan control on the h are a huge bonus.

I have a p3 as well, and one of my 3 birds has to go. I'm thinking it will be the 3, but that one has served me so dang well it's hard to say goodby!

Overall, I would say I'm very happy with everything about the h, with the exception of the camera tilt (which, without having a manual, I must admit could be me doing something wrong). Build quality is noticeably "cheaper" feeling, but it doesn't affect how it operates.

I hope that helps anyone that is contemplating the purchase of an h. If anyone flying an h has input on my issues with camera tilt and inability to enter smart mode has a solution, I'd greatly appreciate advice!

I agree it would be extremely difficult to fly the H without reading the manual. For instance, you've put the tilt into velocity mode and it is, "way too fast and touchy" as you say. Put it, however, in angle mode (top left switch in up position) and it's smooth as can be. After you read the manual, you'll be up to speed in no time.

[QUOTE="Nate meyer, post: 12395, member: 2330"
<snip>

I hope that helps anyone that is contemplating the purchase of an h. If anyone flying an h has input on my issues with camera tilt and inability to enter smart mode has a solution, I'd greatly appreciate advice![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input, Nate.

A few weeks ago Yuneec had the manual on their site but then removed it the same day. I was told by support staff that they were making some changes to it though there wasn't any information in the manual that was wrong. Here is a copy of version 1 of the manual which should be of some help. It's posted here in some other buried thread.

One important item (I think) that is in neither the manual or the quick start guide is the warning on the sheet included with the H that obstacle avoidance should be turned off when landing.

Attachments

• TYPHOON-H-USER-MANUAL-T1.pdf
    5.1 MB · Views: 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval