Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

KDE Props

Reaction score
Hi there,
has anyone tried the KDE triple props on their 920?
I tried them on an align m690 and they were superb. I have a set of 15" ones, but wonder if the 18.3" would be good.
cheers

Hi,
No, but you could ask them:
[email protected]

MULTIROTOR/UAV PROPELLER BLADE TECHNOLOGY

KDE-CF185-TP_1_2048x2048.JPG
KDE-CF185-TP_5_2048x2048.JPG

KDE Direct provides professional quality, CNC balanced, true-3K carbon-fiber matrix propeller blades that are ideal for commercial and industrial UAS and drone applications.
  • All propellers are dynamically balanced at the factory - no need for secondary balancing for direct installation
  • Multirotor/UAS propeller blades are designed for portability and ease of operation - no need for additional tools at the field
  • Propeller blades come in balance-matched pairs for smooth flight operation
  • All designs are FEA optimized for maximum strength and minimum weight
  • Engineering airfoil designs for maximum efficiency, sound reduction, and peak top-end thrust generation
  • Dual- and triple-blade configurations available for a variety of applications
Source:
Propeller Blades

Multi-rotor propeller blades products:
UAS Multi-Rotor Propeller Blades
KDE-DPAHL-TPAHL_Installation_Diagram_66616ebd-cd97-4f56-b9cb-02c5d44be2d1_2048x2048.jpg

Homepage:
KDE Direct - Make It Yours.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Hi,

A reply from Patrick Koegler, CEO and Founder of KDE Direct:

"Dear,
Our Team does not have direct experience with the Yuneec Tornado H920, but we have been getting more inquiries to alternate motors/ESCs/Propeller Blades from KDE Direct to replace the stock equipment (for higher-quality commercial/industrial applications). In this regard, the option that is most suitable would be:
The adapters utilize a standard M3 x ɸ12mm mounting profile, so make sure this is compatible with the stock Yuneec motors. For direct reference, the Installation Diagram is posted online to best explain the installation procedure and adaptability to motors:

Installation Diagram: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0..._Installation_Diagram.PDF?3895019578828529752

Thanks,

Patrick Koegler
CEO and Founder, KDE Direct"

Last edited:
At ~$500, without having been tested on a H920 to know the benefits and detractors, I think I will pass for now.

Hi,

The Yuneec Tornado H920 motors are:
  • Kv380,
  • model: YUNM4910
  • 2 screws of 2 mm for each propellers,
    I quote the manual: "Mount propeller ‘A’ on motor ‘A’ and propeller ‘B’ on motor ‘B’ and use the screws with spring plate and 2mm Hexdriver enclosed to carefully screw in the propellers."
  • 2 or 3 x 6S 4000 mAh LiPos
I had a new reply from Patrick Koegler, CEO and Founder of KDE Direct:

"Dear,
Thanks for the additional information and looking at the motors, they appear to use M3 thread screws (which uses a 2mm hexdriver) to mount the propeller. The typical market standard is 12mm hole-spacing between the mounting threads (centerline-to-centerline), and the center shaft extension is 4mm in diameter, so there should be no issues with compatibility if these measurements match the motors on your system.
Thanks,
Patrick Koegler
CEO and Founder, KDE Direct"

I sent him theses pictures too:
TB2jePFkXXXXXaIXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!69499768.jpg TB2N.jckXXXXXXqXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!69499768.jpg TB2_cDrkXXXXXbUXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!69499768.jpg TB20xzIkXXXXXazXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!69499768.jpg TB2XbjwkXXXXXbOXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!69499768.jpg TB2BjGJkXXXXXcMXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!69499768.jpg TB2wObRkXXXXXXEXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!69499768.jpg TB2NH6OkXXXXXX5XXXXXXXXXXXX_!!69499768.jpg

Last edited:
I can tell you that KDE motors are very high quality and provide excellent performance over a long service life. For those contemplating using them, take a little time to establish your stock motor current draw. Use that value to compare what the KDE motors are rated at in order to assure your current ESC's will be up to the task.

You won't find disappointment with the KDE motors as long as the rest of the system provides the required power for them.

Reactions: Breizhdrone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawchef