Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Kitty Hawk

Reaction score
Hello everyone, sorry I haven’t been on much. Haven’t flown much either. So quick question. Has anyone gotten Kittyhawk to give a flight authorization? I tried today and the airspace I was in said it would auto authorize up to 100ft altitude. So when I tried to get the authorization it said flight was not authorized above 0ft. I was in a rural area class E airspace 3.9 miles from a small airport. I’m still learning this airspace stuff as it is only a hobby for me. So I guess any lectures are appreciated. At least I’m in the top 10% trying to do things right. Lol

I’ve had no issues getting approvals....and I request in DFW, Alliance and Meacham International airports surface controlled airspace grids in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex.

Do you even need authorization? Usually E is E700 or E1200, surrounding a Surface B,C,D.....and any Surface E is only operational when a tower is manned.

Where exactly are you trying to fly? Be specific so we can look at a sectional.

The coordinates from KittyHawk put you just inside a 100 foot flight square for takeoff position. The radius of your flight plan may have placed you into the 0 foot square just north of the takeoff position resulting in the rejection.

You can always double check using the UAS Facility Map ArcGIS Web Application to see the grid a little clearer.

54FB76FC-35A8-4774-AB65-173420D61CE5.png
This is a screenshot from the Facility Map with your position being the black dot near the center. As you can see there is a 0 altitude square just north of you and if the flight plan entered that area at all you would be denied.

Reactions: Fred Garvin
Well that was probably the case. I’ll just have to take a walk to the end of the road there and then I should be okay.

Thanks Doom.....sorry I didn’t get back....friends dropped by to pick me up for dinner and it ended up being a late night.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers