Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Landing Gear / Camera

It would be interesting to learn how many in this thread experiencing this problem are in Europe. Following this issue from when it was first reported in several forums it seems that all of the reports have come from H units sold in Europe, where a different firmware version is used and signal power levels are lower to meet legal requirements in the EU.

Unfortunatly , i own also an itelite dbs and also with the itelite the connection breaks....

So looking at the replies it seems to be;

EU only issue
nothing to do with signal strength(?)
Caused when using landing gear
is intermittent
non directional

Yes it's not the end of the world BUT, given the LONG connection times we endure here in the EU for the camera to connect it's a minor inconvenience! Not only that it just looks bad when you are perhaps showing someone, a client, friend etc and you lift of and raise landing gear --------- pooooof ---------.

"whats wrong"
"It's lost the camera signal"
"But it's right in front of you"
:)

It would be interesting to learn how many in this thread experiencing this problem are in Europe. Following this issue from when it was first reported in several forums it seems that all of the reports have come from H units sold in Europe, where a different firmware version is used and signal power levels are lower to meet legal requirements in the EU.

In the USA you can use 1000 mW to transmit
In the UK and many EU countries its only 100 mW.

Anyone knows is it only camera part of the firmware different comparing EU and US firmware or other parts are too different ?
Because I would like to know what part of the firmware actually trigger this higher or lower power.
I did this upgrade to the US version but as I understand only camera firmware was updated, so did I receive now more power only to the camera signal or what ?

No issue flying newest EU firmware.

In the USA you can use 1000 mW to transmit
In the UK and many EU countries its only 100 mW.

I suppose you mean the ST is transmitting with these values?
If you mean the drone and US drones transmit 1000 mW and EU ones do 100 mW the EU ones would fly longer. :rolleyes:

I suppose (but do not know) the camera transmits @ same power (was reading about 47mW) in US and EU. I also presume the video loss concerns transmitting from drone to ST and not the other way around.

Perhaps the extra load on the batteries caused by the landing gear motors powering up can cause a drop in voltage on one of the components required to transmit video? Thankfully, the flight components remain unaffected. It may only happen briefly, but causes something to reinitialise, like the wifi transmitter used to broadcast the video.

Is it possible that you were manuvering the drone at the same time into a landing position (putting an extra strain on the batteries)? Might be worth trying to reproduce it, fly in a direction while lowering or raising the landing gear near the end of your flight time. If you can confirm it, then the advice would be to ensure both sticks are idling when raising or lowering the landing gear to minimise the drain on the battery. I don't usually pay special attention to it, as I haven't experienced it, but I try to fly near my landing spot after 15 to 20 mins of flying, before the warnings... I hover above the landing zone and then lower the gear (nice to watch anyway!). Then gently lower the thumbstick to land.

Does anyone have a thought on that theory? It is a toxic combination of you needing to manuver the drone to land, while needing the landing gear down, all while your battery is nearly depleated. Your flight logs may help as I'm sure they monitor voltage, stick positions. I can't remember if the landing gear position is tracked in the flight logs.
Good theory, a 'sticky' point on the landing gear servo would increase current draw.
I am guessing that the H has inbuilt systems that cut power to components in critical order in such a situation? Question for Yuneec maybe..

I suppose you mean the ST is transmitting with these values?
If you mean the drone and US drones transmit 1000 mW and EU ones do 100 mW the EU ones would fly longer. :rolleyes:

I suppose (but do not know) the camera transmits @ same power (was reading about 47mW) in US and EU. I also presume the video loss concerns transmitting from drone to ST and not the other way around.

I'm not implying anything other than the permissible transmit power for WiFi in the EU & US. I only mention this as we are told the reason for the long connection times for EU cameras (appx 60 - 90 secs) is because of the the power regulations in the EU.

Given the "long" connection times for EU users any loss of camera connection is even more frustrating, especially when airborne as this soaks up valuable battery time!

I don't think this issue is a result of WiFi power but some other software / firmware bug.

I'm not implying anything other than the permissible transmit power for WiFi in the EU & US. I only mention this as we are told the reason for the long connection times for EU cameras (appx 60 - 90 secs) is because of the the power regulations in the EU.

Given the "long" connection times for EU users any loss of camera connection is even more frustrating, especially when airborne as this soaks up valuable battery time!

I don't think this issue is a result of WiFi power but some other software / firmware bug.

It has been written in different previous threads and posts that the longer connection delay for EU firmware is due to the search for available frquencies to install 'signal-hopping'.

Hi!

I have EU latest version and my H suffers video connection problems... Not related to gear, even gear down.
Video connection gets lost even near me. Sometimes, I can do my flight and starting to return, signal lost.
Sometimes there is no connection lost entire flight.

BUT! if camera reconnects after 2minutes, sitting on ground or parking on air. I never had connection lost 400...500m.
not tested farther. I have seen different color combinations(red,blue, ....) on camera led.
I think if the connection (solid green) gets to quickly i can predict connection lost. I am not sure for that yet.

I think, sometimes camera connection is not correct, second time it gets better channel or something?

Best regards

Last edited:
Hi!

I have EU version and my H suffers video connection problems... Not related to gear, even gear down.
Video connection gets lost even near me. Somethimes, I can do my flight and starting to return, signal lost.
Sometimes there is no connection lost entire flight.

BUT! if camera reconnects after 2minutes, sitting on ground or parking on air. I never had connection lost 400...500m.
not tested farther. I have seen different color combinations(red,blue, ....) on camera led.
I think if the connection (solid green) gets to quickly i can predict connection lost. I am not sure for that yet.

I think, sometimes camera connection is not correct, second time it gets better channel or something?

Best regards

And this is the odd thing about it. When you lose the connection on gear up, in most cases, you can raise/lower the gear until **** freezes over and not have another signal drop. Land and change batteries and..............poooof.......... so there could well be an initialisation problem?

And this is the odd thing about it. When you lose the connection on gear up, in most cases, you can raise/lower the gear until **** freezes over and not have another signal drop. Land and change batteries and..............poooof.......... so there could well be an initialisation problem?
I've noticed this too.
Generally, when I get a loss of connection on gear up I usually let it hover until connection re-establishes. But sometimes I put the gear back down and land and leave the aircraft with the motors on idle until connection is re-established. When I've done this I've never had a loss of connection on lifting the gear the second time.

I agree, maybe something else is at the root of the problem?

I am wondering - is it possibly related to TX antenna posiiton?
The left STICK ant. needs to point at the sun vertically.
The OMNI 5.8 gig ant. needs also to point Upwards, But
the FLAT PATCH ant. need to POINT at the TH.

I mention this because some of the videos show ant's in various
positions. OR, related to GEAR UP and the change is AXIS of
the RX antennas? Just thinking...

I think it is firmware issue!! I got my H a year ago in May. I had this problem from May to I think September. Then with a firmware upgrade it was gone and everything was fine until the last firmware when the same problem came back again!!! I got so tired of this bulls**t that I went and got myself the P4P. I really like my H but there are waaaay too many issues with it. The strange thing is that it does not always disconnect when lifting/lowering the gear it can also happen when just in the air. It is also sooo annoying when the recording stopps when this happens!!!!!!

Hope all of you have better luck with yours but this is the last drone from yuneec I will get.

I think it is firmware issue!! I got my H a year ago in May. I had this problem from May to I think September. Then with a firmware upgrade it was gone and everything was fine until the last firmware when the same problem came back again!!! I got so tired of this bulls**t that I went and got myself the P4P. I really like my H but there are waaaay too many issues with it. The strange thing is that it does not always disconnect when lifting/lowering the gear it can also happen when just in the air. It is also sooo annoying when the recording stopps when this happens!!!!!!

Hope all of you have better luck with yours but this is the last drone from yuneec I will get.

No issues whatsoever with my H RS PRO (EU version, newest firmware).

Well, that is maybe not true. One issue: the pilot not taking pre-flight serious enough. I managed to have it flip over @ landing after a flight 900 kms away from home and @ elevation of 400 mtrs. After recalibrating accelerometer (and two batteries later I did the compass as well, although there were no issues, just to be sure) all went well again.

Last edited:
Hey guys...not sure what version of firmware are you using USA or EU but I was on EU and camera disconnections were like 3 times of 5 flights. After I switched to USA version I have now 7 flights and no such issues at all !!!
So my advice is to switch to USA version

Yea I think I will do that when the next fw comes out! It is wired that it does not effect all and only EU fw.

Hey guys...not sure what version of firmware are you using USA or EU but I was on EU and camera disconnections were like 3 times of 5 flights. After I switched to USA version I have now 7 flights and no such issues at all !!!
So my advice is to switch to USA version
I too get roughly 3 disconnections out of 5 flights. Unfortunately, for me, changing to the USA versions of the firmware isn't an option since my TH is registered (via my operations manual) with the CAA for commercial work so I need to keep it U.K. legal.
I know that it is unlikely (I've never heard of them actually doing it with anyone else so far) but it is feasible that the CAA can inspect my H at any time along with any commercial flight documentation (Log book, risk assessments and such like)

The U.S. has the same inspection rules for commercially operated systems but they have neither the time or personnel available to look at out stuff until one is involved in a major incident. Don't run into people, cars, or other aircraft and you'll likely maintain obscurity forever.

The U.S. has the same inspection rules for commercially operated systems but they have neither the time or personnel available to look at out stuff until one is involved in a major incident. Don't run into people, cars, or other aircraft and you'll likely maintain obscurity forever.
I wish I wasn't so obscure when it comes to finding clients :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio