Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Landing Gear Mod

I have 3D printed the adapter and bought the carbon fibre rods. I have yet to try it out though.
Advantages are slightly less weight and for me in Europe, where Yuneec charges more than $60 for a replacement landing strut, a much cheaper repair.

I have 3D printed the adapter and bought the carbon fibre rods. I have yet to try it out though.
Advantages are slightly less weight and for me in Europe, where Yuneec charges more than $60 for a replacement landing strut, a much cheaper repair.
Oooh...good benefits! Is it tricky taking the old ones off? Is it more stable?...could help on landings.

You putting a sellable kit together? ;-)

Probably just the angle of the photo but the motor nearest the camera appears to be twisted away from the vertical!!!!!
The mod is a simple Y piece that fits into the strut retractor moter. Changing to the 4 leg system is a matter of removing one screw on each leg.
The idea comes from ralphy who generiosly emailed me the file to 3D print the part. So it is just a matter of begging a friend or family member to print a couple (small) bits and ordering a meter of 5mm carbon tube.
Ralphy originally designed this as a way to cut down the traveling size of the YTH. The footprint of the gear when extended is virtually the same as the standard T strut.

Here is the original thread with a film

Typhoon H compact transport bag

Just having a quick release on the landing gear, making it simple to remove and replace in the field, would make for a much more compact package when traveling.

You already have that. Each landing gear leg comes off, motor and all, after removing only one screw.

Nice design, is it considerably lighter than the stock gear? That would be the primary benefit because that arrangement retains the motor gear latch used on the stock gear, which is the part most commonly broken.

landing gear cllip.JPG landing gear cllip.JPG
Guys i did something new you may like for the typhoon, its a little clip to replace the landing gear screw.

Attachments

• landing gear cllip2.JPG
    landing gear cllip2.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 8
  • landing gear cllip3.JPG
    landing gear cllip3.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: Texy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads