Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Landing gear

Reaction score
I am sure that some of us have noticed and I don't know if there's a cure for it but the landing gear is not as strong and stable as I would like the only thing I know to do is to reinforce it with fiberglass rods anybody have any suggestions?

There isn't a problem with the landing gear per se. They are designed to "give" like a shock absorber. If you land very hard they are designed to take the impact and possible break first before transferring that energy to the main body of the Quad. Which may inturn damage something more important or harder to replace.

Think of it like Formula one cars, they are made to crumple and disperse the energy of the impact rather than transmit that energy to the driver.

I don't recall reading of anyone breaking one on what would be considered a hard landing as opposed to "crash landing" one and the landing gear doing its job of breaking first.... Personally, I'd just leave it be...

I am sure that some of us have noticed and I don't know if there's a cure for it but the landing gear is not as strong and stable as I would like the only thing I know to do is to reinforce it with fiberglass rods anybody have any suggestions?

I use 2 of these. Forward and aft of the landing feet. The only hassle is installing and cutting the tie wraps before and after a flight. I only install them when I plan a long flight time and consume all my 7 batteries. For a short flight I don't use them. Here is the link: Amazon.com: Yuneec Q500 Camera Gimbal Carbon Fiber Landing Guard Protective Board Plate (1PC Black): Toys & Games

View attachment 441
I use 2 of these. Forward and aft of the landing feet. The only hassle is installing and cutting the tie wraps before and after a flight. I only install them when I plan a long flight time and consume all my 7 batteries. For a short flight I don't use them. Here is the link: Amazon.com: Yuneec Q500 Camera Gimbal Carbon Fiber Landing Guard Protective Board Plate (1PC Black): Toys & Games

View attachment 441
Thank you so much I believe that's my way out much appreciated

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz