Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Landing Pads

I've been feeling sorry for you and all the issues you've been having DC. I hope you can figure it all out. I enjoyed reading about your battery on the st16 because someone left a note about a good charger you should buy. I own one which is much too large to travel with but it looked like the one he recommended to you was a good product so I ordered one for my next trip to Iceland. I hope you can soon have some good trouble free flights. I've had excellent luck with service and support from Yuneec USA. I will say a wee prayer for you and your H Pro tonight.
Thanks Mickey ! I can sleep better tonight, cause my woo's have brought you a new charger LOL !:) I have great luck with service and support, I just can't get a working H for the life of me after months of perfect flights and mapping ! Thanks for the prayers!, Any one have a 20 lb sledge hammer I can borrow ! LOL ! :rolleyes:

Reactions: Agent K
The mat material I prefer for flexible landing pads ends up pretty heavy and hiking though Iceland I would think you would want light when the mat is combined with an H, flight and transmitter batteries, ice gear, water, small food, and all the other things one would pack in such an environment. But I'm old and out of shape so comfort usually comes first;)

Best of luck to DC and his continuing saga. I just sent off the H camera I buggered to Yuneec's repair facility in Nevada. We'll see how that goes.

Very weird I commented in here today and Abinder responded and now its gone am I losing it? I use a U-haul Wardrobe box its free, folds up, and is big when unfolded easy to land on :)

Reactions: QuadBart
14524552_10209487188229931_5168847270424075073_o.jpg

I use the 3' landing pad from Hoodman for the H (the 5' for the Inspire and Tornado 920)

It keeps motors clean, and provides a target for landing (which in working with students, helps refine small motor skills).

We enjoyed flying this area tonight:

14570518_10209487024905848_3753395760483039500_o.jpg

Reactions: QuadBart
PatR, yes once we hit the glaciers it's cold enough to tamp down snow for a good takeoff base and again I catch land to prevent moisture issues on H and camera lens so I carry nothing for landing pad. Weight is a big issue especially having to carry the drone, still cameras, tripod, and some energy bars. On the coastal launches to shoot ice calves I usually find moist sand for take off. A landing pad back in Wisconsin is sometimes handy when shooting prairies...I look forward to seeing what you create.

Some of the responses in here suggest a soft roll up pad is more desirable for them. There are so many ways to do that creating a new product of that nature isn't justifiable.

Soft pads have a problem with being too light and possibly blowing away or lifting under prop wash and need to be secured unless heavy enough to resist wind. If heavy enough to do that, even being flexible people won't want to lug them around.

Arnhem,

If I do the rigid pad and desire some kind of graphic design I'll get in touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eyewingsuit
After buying the H when looking for other items to it I'm always looking for good deals & willing to compromise on certain items that will not affect the bird performance or communications with the H so when It comes to a Landing pad it would be really nice to own one of those 8' orange landing pads from Hoodman but the price is a bit steep, so I found 2 really good alternatives which are both offered at walmart.com. The 1st is a 6' Square YOGA mat that is only $41.47 when you choose Blue for the color otherwise up to $52 if you choose any of the other colors like Purple, Olive Green, or Dark Teal Green, The other option for the Landing pad is a 5' Diameter round Yoga mat only in Blue for Only $22.00 & the best is both of the options offer Free shipping!! Then I plan on buying some EL WIre (but you'll want to make sure and buy the "Sewable" El Wire because it comes as instead of just the skinny wire it has an extra approx. 1/4" wide strip of material so you can sew it onto anything such as the perimeter of one of the YOGA mats & if you buy a long length of the EL WIRE such as 5 Meters 16.4ft you'd be able to go around twice or maybe more to really make it visible from the air and you can choose whether you want to power it all with just a 2 AA battery controller or you can also buy either a 5V USB inverter or a different Inverter to even plug it in or 12v all on AMAZON). Then because Im unable to find one of these in any really bright colors such as Orange I'm going to airbrush the entire thing with fluorescent color as well as adding in 2 different powder type paint additives such as 1st a micro powder extra reflective powder additive and a UV/Glow powder additive that comes in many different colors that vary in brightness/visibility! But a different option if not wanting to paint it I also have a side business that I make Adhesive Vinyl Decals so I can make the entire surface extremely bright with an Orange Vinyl & maybe a few decals such as A large H standing for both Hexacopter/Hexadrone or The Typhoon H and a circle to mimic a real helipad.

I'm making a separate thread for any of you that may be wanting any Adhesive Backed vinyl for any reason. Such as to cover the entire surface of the 6' Square Yoga mat with a highly visible color from the air, or as time passes I'll be able to even offer you Vinyl to cover the entire body of the H or even the ST16 & anything else you guys are wanting. But I'm willing to offer most of the items that I don't have to really design and edit such as simple round or square items for only the cost of materials and the shipping since you all help me out so much. But if this is violating any forum rules or policies please accept my apologies im only looking to help others in the ways im able to because they help me. thanks Tom C..

After buying the H when looking for other items to it I'm always looking for good deals & willing to compromise on certain items that will not affect the bird performance or communications with the H so when It comes to a Landing pad it would be really nice to own one of those 8' orange landing pads from Hoodman but the price is a bit steep, so I found 2 really good alternatives which are both offered at walmart.com. The 1st is a 6' Square YOGA mat that is only $41.47 when you choose Blue for the color otherwise up to $52 if you choose any of the other colors like Purple, Olive Green, or Dark Teal Green, The other option for the Landing pad is a 5' Diameter round Yoga mat only in Blue for Only $22.00 & the best is both of the options offer Free shipping!! Then I plan on buying some EL WIre (but you'll want to make sure and buy the "Sewable" El Wire because it comes as instead of just the skinny wire it has an extra approx. 1/4" wide strip of material so you can sew it onto anything such as the perimeter of one of the YOGA mats & if you buy a long length of the EL WIRE such as 5 Meters 16.4ft you'd be able to go around twice or maybe more to really make it visible from the air and you can choose whether you want to power it all with just a 2 AA battery controller or you can also buy either a 5V USB inverter or a different Inverter to even plug it in or 12v all on AMAZON). Then because Im unable to find one of these in any really bright colors such as Orange I'm going to airbrush the entire thing with fluorescent color as well as adding in 2 different powder type paint additives such as 1st a micro powder extra reflective powder additive and a UV/Glow powder additive that comes in many different colors that vary in brightness/visibility! But a different option if not wanting to paint it I also have a side business that I make Adhesive Vinyl Decals so I can make the entire surface extremely bright with an Orange Vinyl & maybe a few decals such as A large H standing for both Hexacopter/Hexadrone or The Typhoon H and a circle to mimic a real helipad.

I'm making a separate thread for any of you that may be wanting any Adhesive Backed vinyl for any reason. Such as to cover the entire surface of the 6' Square Yoga mat with a highly visible color from the air, or as time passes I'll be able to even offer you Vinyl to cover the entire body of the H or even the ST16 & anything else you guys are wanting. But I'm willing to offer most of the items that I don't have to really design and edit such as simple round or square items for only the cost of materials and the shipping since you all help me out so much. But if this is violating any forum rules or policies please accept my apologies im only looking to help others in the ways im able to because they help me. thanks Tom C..

Links are welcome :)

When the 5 foot hoodman is 79 bucks 3 foot should be 49 -- I may go that route, but right now they are just taking advantage of the flood 8 foot 459 bucks ? c'mon man!

I might try this as well

https://www.amazon.com/Rubber-Elephant-Flooring-Rolling-15-Feet/dp/B001UI45CK/ref=sr_1_sc_3?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1476150481&sr=1-3-spell&keywords=ruberized+flooring&th=1&psc=1
Exactly what I thought when I saw those prices and thats what started my journey of searching out the internet for alternatives!!! Just for kicks if your interested here is the link to it on AMAZON https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003JM73RY/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER . or I just found some Round premade helipads but they are only 4ft diameter. here is the link to that i just found: Aliexpress.com : Buy PGY Fast fold landing pad helipad protective RC Drone gimbal Quadcopter Helicopter parts DJI phantom 2 3 4 inspire 1 Accessories from Reliable accessories subaru suppliers on PGY-TECH check them both out. Meanwhile I'll keep my eyes out for any better options that may arise.

Reactions: abinder
Exactly what I thought when I saw those prices and thats what started my journey of searching out the internet for alternatives!!! Just for kicks if your interested here is the link to it on AMAZON https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003JM73RY/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER . or I just found some Round premade helipads but they are only 4ft diameter. here is the link to that i just found: Aliexpress.com : Buy PGY Fast fold landing pad helipad protective RC Drone gimbal Quadcopter Helicopter parts DJI phantom 2 3 4 inspire 1 Accessories from Reliable accessories subaru suppliers on PGY-TECH check them both out. Meanwhile I'll keep my eyes out for any better options that may arise.

right now as mentioned before i use a Uhaul wardrobe box LOL it folds up and free -- that PGY one doesn't state anything about weighted edges thats important to keep the pad from flying up into the drone

Very True. Now you've got me thinking entirely different about landing pad ideas because I've already told you that Im wanting to sew on EL WIRE (which is basically fiber optic with bright light running through it with very little power consumption) & now that you've mentioned the weighted edges, Im thinking of sewing in a 1/8" steel cable around the outside diameter of the pad to hold it all down which will give it the weight but also keep it relatively light weight enough to not be heavy. But Im really wanting to find the same steel wiring that is used for the sun shades that people use in cars so it folds up nicely and small too. So if you or anyone else may know were I can find that kind of metal wiring or spring steel please let me know?? Thanks Tom C

I had a carbon shop all worked up about making some pretty classy landing pads but that idea is quickly going down the tubes. A 36" pad would weigh about 4-6 ounces...

Tarps Plus sells 5' round poly tarps with grommet holes every 24" where you could add a small weight to each grommet hole for $9.00 How much cheaper can it get than that. It would fold up to almost nothing. The only color in stock right now is silver but different colors are always in and out of stock.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cosmoarts