Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Landing /Take off pad ideas?

I go for the real challenge..I land and take off from the hardcase.. Try that one with a little bit of wind.. Good practice for pin point control..

So the design (as in markings and symbols) of a landing pad doesn't really matter for functionality? I see all of these "H" designs...that's from a Helipad right? Or does this serve a functional purpose? What should I look for in design of getting one of these pads? Thanks guys :)

Naaaa, not at all! It is enclosed within the fabric, doubt it would affect anything at all. It is not a lot of metal, just a thin ring around the edge and just enough to keep it expanded.

I am telling you these are perfect because they fold up and are portable. I added pictures above.

I didn't find your pictures, but here is mine. Note there are three loops on the edge for anchoring with the included pegs. It can't fly away or be affected by downdraft from the "H". I've had no problems with the steel ring in the edge of it. It folds up into a less than 10" diameter so it will fit in my backpack for the "H". I bought it thru Amazon for under $25 shipped and had it in two days!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-06-19-20-24-42.png
    Screenshot_2017-06-19-20-24-42.png
    850 KB · Views: 28
I made one from 2 pieces of planed timber, dowel pegs that let it slot together. Painted it black and made Hex style Yuneec centre with the H logo stencilled in orange paint. Never used it :) might invest in a collapsible one some day.

I'm using a siliconic desktop pad 65X45 cm (different sizes are available on IKEA - product code: 667.035.00) - it's foldable, washable and heavy enough to do not be blown away by the propellers.

Reactions: Ddraiggoch
All this needs is a bubble level in the center and something to adjust the legs (shims would be inexpensive) to make it level.

Sounds good, perhaps a few sharpened 1x1's hammer them into the soil 'til level and sit the pad on them?

Like the idea of attaching a bubble level :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt