Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Latest news from Oz...

I may not be available from tomorrow onwards, probably in about 20 minute sessions, whilst I'm out flying around. I'll be back for recharging though. (Can't wait for the spare batteries....... Ha ha, another thing to wait for, thank goodness, I could get withdrawal symptoms following me leaving the YHWC)

Paper work not all that good.
The importer had to pay duty in the shipment.
Should be duty free..... But Yuneec didn't send them the relevant paperwork.
Their financial loss is our gain. :(
But all things said, yet another blight on Yuneec.

Paper work not all that good.
The importer had to pay duty in the shipment.
Should be duty free..... But Yuneec didn't send them the relevant paperwork.
Their financial loss is our gain. :(
But all things said, yet another blight on Yuneec.

Are you getting them or have to wait again?

Should be in stock in Victoria in the morning. Arrange couriers for tomorrow afternoon. Fingers crossed.
However like the other 8 resellers in Australia, we are getting only about 1/3 of what we want.
So for those that got in early with someone and stuck it out. Tomorrow should be a great day. :D
If you were late to the party or flip flopped from dealer to dealer and then finally committed.... Tomorrow is just another day of waiting :(

Should be in stock in Victoria in the morning. Arrange couriers for tomorrow afternoon. Fingers crossed.
However like the other 8 resellers in Australia, we are getting only about 1/3 of what we want.
So for those that got in early with someone and stuck it out. Tomorrow should be a great day. :D
If you were late to the party or flip flopped from dealer to dealer and then finally committed.... Tomorrow is just another day of waiting :(
You have to wonder why dealers are only getting 1/3 of their stock?? What do you call getting in early? I have stuck with the one reseller but did not order until early May. My reseller did tell me I will get one from the first batch they get in ... so hopefully that is correct/

From what I can gather, most dealers are only getting a small percentage of what they ordered..... Are you Queensland Haydn?

Reactions: Loquacious
From what I can gather, most dealers are only getting a small percentage of what they ordered..... Are you Queensland Haydn?
Yet in the USA dealers have filled their pre-orders and nowe have stock in hand for people to just buy as they want. All I can hope for is that my dealer gets enough so that I get mine from the first shipment :)

Yes in Queensland. Near Brisbane.
Another in Bundy.

I call getting in early.. Early April as that is when people started to order. Around the 22nd of April was cut off for round one orders. After that date then you are getting left overs and cancellations.
We didn't have to pay full amounts until 18th May.
At this point we were advised the quantity we would receive.

Keep in mind that if reports are correct that CaroliDronzes ordered 300.... Well this is substantially more than the whole combined Australian order. Do you can see why we are down the list. :(

Ordering as late as you did you are doing great to get one in the first shipment.
Best of luck tomorrow.

Reactions: Loquacious
Yes in Queensland. Near Brisbane.
Another in Bundy.

I call getting in early.. Early April as that is when people started to order. Around the 22nd of April was cut off for round one orders. After that date then you are getting left overs and cancellations.
We didn't have to pay full amounts until 18th May.
At this point we were advised the quantity we would receive.

Keep in mind that if reports are correct that CaroliDronzes ordered 300.... Well this is substantially more than the whole combined Australian order. Do you can see why we are down the list. :(

Ordering as late as you did you are doing great to get one in the first shipment.
Best of luck tomorrow.
Wow hard to believe that under 300 people wanted / ordered the Typhoon H here in Australia. When I called my dealer earlier this month they told me to get in quick or I'd miss out on the first batch so I pre-ordered there and then, I guess my dealer did not have too many other orders in at the time if I was able to get in on the first batch.. I would have thought a 1000 units across Australia would be conservative but < 300 .. no wonder we are getting ours so much later.

Yes there is at least one. But he bought it from AceDeals.

My understanding there is no licence/registration for non-commercial use of UAV in Australia. am I correct?

CASA stated: 'If you are piloting an unmanned aircraft, you will need general aviation knowledge in line with that required for a private pilot's licence, as well as specific unmanned aircraft skills.'

My understanding there is no licence/registration for non-commercial use of UAV in Australia. am I correct?

CASA stated: 'If you are piloting an unmanned aircraft, you will need general aviation knowledge in line with that required for a private pilot's licence, as well as specific unmanned aircraft skills.'

From September 29th any drone under 2kg does not need a licence to fly. If you plan to use it for commercial use you just need to let CASA know 5 days prior via an online form

From September 29th any drone under 2kg does not need a licence to fly. If you plan to use it for commercial use you just need to let CASA know 5 days prior via an online form
I am aware of this amendment. My question was about current situation for non-commercial use

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio