Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

LED sequence and colors

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I just got the q500+. Before flying I wanted to understand the lighting sequences of the different modes.

I get the usual start up sequence. Then in safe mode I get green. However in angle mode I get red not purple. I did all the firmware updates. Then I both safe mode and in angle mode it will give a tone and flash 3 green in 1 second in safe mode and flash 3 red in the angle mode. I think that that is follow me or watch me mode. Also if these are the follow me and watch me modes how do you disable them. I will not take the quad in the air until I can figure this out. Especially the red in safe mode.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Follow Me and Watch Me are only available in Smart Mode.

If you are getting Green Flashing you are in Smart Mode but NO Satellites Lock on Yet. Are you inside or outside?
If you are getting Purple Flashing you are in Angle Mode but NO Satellites Lock on Yet.
If you are getting Red Flashing you are in Return to Home. RTH you can not start or do anything.

What is your current firmware version?

Also where are you located at?

Follow Me and Watch Me are only available in Smart Mode.

If you are getting Green Flashing you are in Smart Mode but NO Satellites Lock on Yet. Are you inside or outside?
If you are getting Purple Flashing you are in Angle Mode but NO Satellites Lock on Yet.
If you are getting Red Flashing you are in Return to Home. RTH you can not start or do anything.

What is your current firmware version?

Also where are you located at?

Thank you for your response. Before starting I downloaded the latest firmware for the quad. Also I was getting 14 sats on the q500 and 11 on the radio. Also angle mode the light was red not purple. I was outside doing this.. Tomorrow I plan on calling CS.
I'm in north New Jersey and unfortunately within 4 miles of a class D airspace. It is very difficult to find a nice open area that is safe to fly. I hope I could find others in the area that I could fly with.

Is it possible that I'm in a no Fly zone. I did a reset on the transmitter. Now the blinking is a steady green on off in smart mode and a steady red on off in the angle mode. But the motors still start? Very confused.

I think I finally figured it out. When the switch is in either smart mode or angle mode the quad is constantly switching on and off of follow me and watch me. This happens about 30 seconds after initialization and I never touched the icon for it. There is a beep when it switches. I finally spoke to Yuneec and they did not figure it out. I explained that when I moved the switch in angle mode and then to home mode the color of the lights did not change. They were flashing red not purple. Red is for home mode only. Purple is for angle mode. (please correct me if I'm wrong). I never got a solid green or purple even though I got 16 to 17 sats on the quad and 10 to 11 on the transmitter. The rep said that it shouldn't effect flight and to make sure I do a compass calibration before I take off. I'm a little confuded why he would tell me to fly anyway.
P.S. When I mentioned to him that when I opened the box the tape around the camera was broken. He said that should not have been. Possibly I got someone's return.
I called the people I bought this from and when I explained everything that happened, they were happy to exchange it for another. When the new one arrives I will let you know if all is well.
Thanks for your help.
P.P.S
Anyone know where there is a safe flying field around the Morristown area?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval