Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

lights

I saw a darn bright strobe on a bicycle the other day and I know some joggers wear them too. Check some Bike/Running websites?

Does anyone know where in the US I can buy miniature strobe lights for mounting on the H?
Thanks
you can purchase the ones in the video on ebay , cheap and they last a long time .
three different settings on , flash slow . flash fast also different colors i have white and red .
fly safe

IMG_0566.JPG
I see all of these other strobe/lights but these LUME CUBES truly blow all of these other lights out of the water. They have several different functions. Strobes, 10 different levels of lighting, record video, etc. I know there a little pricey but by far are worth looking into. They literally light the night up when on. Just my 2 cents! Good luck in your search.

I use theses STROBON Standalone - Flytron
I use velcro and fix them to the ends of the landing gear, can really help with orientation when far out.
strobon-standalone.jpg

View attachment 5325
I see all of these other strobe/lights but these LUME CUBES truly blow all of these other lights out of the water. They have several different functions. Strobes, 10 different levels of lighting, record video, etc. I know there a little pricey but by far are worth looking into. They literally light the night up when on. Just my 2 cents! Good luck in your search.

I second this product as a friend uses them on his H and they are very good. I don't claim they are better or worse than other suggestions.

Thanks again for the reply's I ended up buying Strobon standalone strobe which I mounted to the back of my H. This is a very bright strobe and can be seen very well in broad daylight. I have also looked at the Lume Cubes but as mentioned above quite pricy. I just was looking for something to help with viewing the orientation of the H while in the air.

Only time I have artifact issues is in the evening/dusk, but then I usually have the strobe mounted on top. The lights in the arms is enough at those times of the day.

Reactions: Jim Davies
I use theses STROBON Standalone - Flytron
I use velcro and fix them to the ends of the landing gear, can really help with orientation when far out.
strobon-standalone.jpg
I bought a pair of Strobon Standalone lights from Flytron and mounted them on the outboard sides of the right and left motor pods. While they worked fine, I was disappointed in their daylight performance. They pretty much disappeared at about 300 ft out. A few months after a bought these, Flytron came out with their Cree version which are supposed to be brighter:
STROBON Cree® Standalone - Flytron

I have the Cree version of the Strobon standalone, and purchased these 3D printed mounts from Aerial Pixel:

http://www.aerial-pixel.com/dronepilots/#!/STROBON-Standard-or-Cree-LED-Strobe-Light-Mount-for-Yuneec-Typhoon-H/p/90534215/category=0

These mounts work great, and allow for a greater degree of flexibility in how the strobe is oriented. Visibility in daylight
is good for at least 600-700 ft but seems to be very dependent on that strobe orientation... if the H is angled away from
you to any significant degree, the strobe flash will disappear from view. I might pick up a second one, to have each
unit facing at a slightly different angle... that should increase visibility even further.

Last edited:
Hi all, I purchased a red and white flytron.com Cree strobe . White on the front with small piece of velcro and red on the rear with them positioned slightly facing down. And they are very bright in the day ,have not tried night yet. They give me great orientation when I use the H for running the bait out 400 meters drone fishing on Fraser Island. They are not cheap but work very well. Johnno Hennessy. Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1