Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

Lipo Storage at Full Charge?

Discussion in 'Q500 4K Discussion' started by Ron_Dog, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Ron_Dog

How long will you leave your Lipo's at full charge? I've had mine at full charge for 2 day's maximum! I can't stand to leave them fully charged any longer for fear of damaging them. I then discharge them into "Storage Voltage" (3.8 V per cell). Can I leave them at full charge for a longer period without any damage to them? I charge them to go out flying,and then bad weather moves in,so I leave them at full charge for 2 days,then I get nervous,and discharge them. LOL!

2. DroneClone

10 days is the max consensus by lipo manufactures and many UAS manufacturers also, I go 5-8 days with no issues!

Rayray likes this.
  3. Rayray

Rayray Moderator
    Staff Member

Me 2, DC.

4. Ron_Dog

Thanks,Guy's!:) I won't have to discharge them as often now! I have also noticed that both battery's (since new) have always had one cell that reads 4.19 while the other two cells read 4.20?

#4 Ron_Dog, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  5. DroneClone

Not a issue, you will rarely get them all to match perfectly!

abinder likes this.
  6. Bharat Mistry

Most of my battery cells are within .02 V of each cell. I do put all batteries down to storage 3.80v per cell if not using them and balance charge them back up on my Hitec X4AC Plus when ready to fly.
    I cycle each battery for flights and each battery has had 9 flights so far.
    Quad is brought in at 10.7 - 10.8 volt warning during the flight which settles to about 11.4-11.6 at idle. These are the OEM Yuneec batteries bought a year ago.
    Just on a whim I decided to measure the internal resistance of my 4 batteries.
    Got the following readings:
    - 4 4 6
    - 4 3 6
    - 4 4 6
    - 4 5 6
    Found it odd that in all 3 batteries, that third cell had the highest resistance. Yet all cells are balanced.
    What are your batteries like? Any explanation why that third cell in all 4 batteries is higher?