Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Live view on controller is too slow sometimes

Reaction score
I'm having trouble with the live view on my controller not showing (or updating) what the camera is displaying. It can take up to a minute to refresh the screen. Similarly, the Typhoon sometimes is slow to do what my transceiver is telling it to do. I don't know where to go to figure these two out. It is obviously a communication or data speed issue.

Last night, with a fresh batter, and the Typhoon hovering about 150' above the ground, I couldn't get it to rotate around the axis (left stick right or left). The only thing I could do is move the mode control to HOME to get it back. I was a little worried I wasn't going to get it back in one piece.

The conditions were a little unusual, being that it was about 25mph wind and getting fairly dark. The Typhoon would start to rotate right or left, then sort of fishtail back to its original position. It would not go up or down.

Should these conditions cause communications issues, or is something else happening here? I've also had problems getting the Typhoon back at 500' away. Again, HOME mode saved my bacon, thought I could have probably walked closer to the hovering craft to get it back.

You'll be wanting to check with Yuneec. Momentary connectivity losses seem to happen, but that's a catastrophic communication loss, especially if you were close enough to just retrieve it.

You'll be wanting to check with Yuneec. Momentary connectivity losses seem to happen, but that's a catastrophic communication loss, especially if you were close enough to just retrieve it.
Im leery of launching mine in 15 mph winds!....I read somewhere not to fly it in winds above 12 mph.
It would seem that yuneec engineers built in a flight limiter in regards to windspeeds..... it is a safeguard to keep it in close range and not be flown out to where it can't safely get back.
I have noticed when mine lose RC signal from being too far away, it automatically starts flying back to me....I can tell by watching the recordings later at home.
I set a new personal distance record this morning...3200 feet distance from the stock st10+ controller over aliso creek wilderness area. It is very unnerving to lose video signal and rc signal and not be able to quickly locate it in the sky....I'm just verifying performance levels and now know that I can safely fly this out a half a mile when I'm in the mood. ;^/

I
It would seem that yuneec engineers built in a flight limiter in regards to windspeeds..... it is a safeguard to keep it in close range and not be flown out to where it can't safely get back.
Could you explain more about this? Have you seen documentation on this or are you speculating?

15mph winds seems to be the where the risk really starts to kick in. Remember to always fly away into the wind and return with the wind.

Reactions: dirkclod
I'm having trouble with the live view on my controller not showing (or updating) what the camera is displaying. It can take up to a minute to refresh the screen. Similarly, the Typhoon sometimes is slow to do what my transceiver is telling it to do. I don't know where to go to figure these two out. It is obviously a communication or data speed issue.

Last night, with a fresh batter, and the Typhoon hovering about 150' above the ground, I couldn't get it to rotate around the axis (left stick right or left). The only thing I could do is move the mode control to HOME to get it back. I was a little worried I wasn't going to get it back in one piece.

The conditions were a little unusual, being that it was about 25mph wind and getting fairly dark. The Typhoon would start to rotate right or left, then sort of fishtail back to its original position. It would not go up or down.

Should these conditions cause communications issues, or is something else happening here? I've also had problems getting the Typhoon back at 500' away. Again, HOME mode saved my bacon, thought I could have probably walked closer to the hovering craft to get it back.

Hello FilmIdol,

You should not have break in video at that distance. Have you talked to tech support staff member at our facility regarding your issue? If not, please feel free to email me at [email protected] so I may have a tech support call you.

Best Regards,

Tim Terrones
Yuneec USA, Inc.
5555 Ontario Mills Parkway
Ontario, CA 91764
Office: 909-509-5894
[email protected]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member