Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Losing Connection to Camera

i went flying this weekend and encountered a new problem. as i was reviewing the captures on my SD card - i didnt have any of my still pictures. Nothing. I took several and even visually inspected the screen during some of those to be sure i got the "capture successful' message across the top. But when i went into the DCIM folder not one single still picture was on the card. I had all 8 of my video's. Any idea's?

I actually answered my own question! After i thought about it i was trying to recall what was different this time i flew, then i remembered i changed the video capture rate. I found this PDF in the forum that perfectly explained why i didn't get any picture capture..http://yuneecpilots.com/attachments/video-mode-sheet-pdf.119/ I had changed my video capture to 1920x1080 60fps - since i was just shooting for practice. Otherwise it would have never occurred to me that changing the capture for video would prevent me from taking pictures.

i went flying this weekend and encountered a new problem. as i was reviewing the captures on my SD card - i didnt have any of my still pictures. Nothing. I took several and even visually inspected the screen during some of those to be sure i got the "capture successful' message across the top. But when i went into the DCIM folder not one single still picture was on the card. I had all 8 of my video's. Any idea's?
Yes I did the same thing .If you are in pro mode you have to stop video and tap the camera icon on the screen so you can use camera mode then when you want video mode you have to tap the video icon on screen to video again.You can do this in flight.

Stan - have you experienced any recorded video loss when you lose connection? I haven't shot enough video to know yet if I'm also losing my recordings when i lose connection between the St10+ and the camera.
I know this is old post but still hope someone replies. My video recording works all the way they. No skip in the video when I view it. I still lose my camera signal every 5 to 10 min. I am also by airport. I don't think this affects that. Anyway for any tips?

I know this is old post but still hope someone replies. My video recording works all the way they. No skip in the video when I view it. I still lose my camera signal every 5 to 10 min. I am also by airport. I don't think this affects that. Anyway for any tips?
have you tried to rebind the camera or do you know some one that has and will let you try their camera on your Q , that will tell you if it's the camera is loosing connection from camera . have you checked the SD card in the ST-10 ( LOW RES FILES ) dose the camera still record to the ST-10 low res files ?

Your location to the airport could very well be your trouble. I have come to the conclusion that any wifi or maybe other type transmissions can interfere with the 5.8 signal between the ST10 and Cgo3 camera. I live in East Texas. It's in the oilfield and wells are everywhere. Most all these wells, pipelines, compressor stations and other equipment communicate by either wifi or some other type signal. I have had an ongoing problem losing camera connection. I added an Itelite antenna to my ST10 and external antenna to my Cgo3. My problem, if not eliminated is 99% improved.

I've had issues with the camera disconnecting but I chalked that up to interference from the metal barn and shop in my yard being in the line of sight. Having said that - I have a new camera (crashed and burned the other one) but haven't taken much video and photos yet as I just got it yesterday. I will be testing it out tomorrow when ice fishing :)

Why is it that DJI Phantom drones get a lot of attention from the television networks and other brands do not?

Jim
I guess their marketing and promotion people are just better or at least more active. I'm not convinced that DJI is that much better than other brands. I don't claim my Yuneec is the best. In fact if I were buying the same class/type quad today I can't say I buy Yuneec again. But I don't think I'd buy DJI just because of their exposure.

DJI is simply the more popular brand. I'll bet 3 to 1 at the very least and probably more like 4 to 1.
All my drone buddies fly DJI. I'm the only one in our group with a Yuneec.
I like Yuneec because it's not the same drone as everyone else and I didn't like the idea of having to purchase an Ipad to view my flights with the DJI.
This is my 2nd Q and it's okay. My next will be another brand.

Stan - have you experienced any recorded video loss when you lose connection? I haven't shot enough video to know yet if I'm also losing my recordings when i lose connection between the St10+ and the camera.

You won't lose recorded video since the sd card is in the camera onboard the bird :) You only lose the videofeed on the st10+ .

Hi!!!! I am writing to you because no company from Poland has responded to my email regarding the CGO3 camera. I have typhoon G and bought a CGO3 camera. Everything works fine except range of transmition video. It lost the connection at 60 meters. I have a question. On the yuneek pages I read that gimbal cameras in europe have limited transmission (power). But so much? I mounted the panel antenna and it is the same. I also read that it is possible to write standard firmware. May I write to the CGO3 Camera with CGO3GB v2.4 firmware firmware ver. CGO3 Camera CGO3GB v2.4 STD (after changing the number to 2.5) It's just for checking if the camera is working properly. Please help. Best wishes, Radek

Im a little late to this thread but if you lose connection to your camera while recording a video the video does not stop on the camera so you will end up with the full recording on your sd card

Hi!!!! I am writing to you because no company from Poland has responded to my email regarding the CGO3 camera. I have typhoon G and bought a CGO3 camera. Everything works fine except range of transmition video. It lost the connection at 60 meters. I have a question. On the yuneek pages I read that gimbal cameras in europe have limited transmission (power). But so much? I mounted the panel antenna and it is the same. I also read that it is possible to write standard firmware. May I write to the CGO3 Camera with CGO3GB v2.4 firmware firmware ver. CGO3 Camera CGO3GB v2.4 STD (after changing the number to 2.5) It's just for checking if the camera is working properly. Please help. Best wishes, Radek

Witaj, rozwiązałeś problem zasięgu kamery ? Jestem właścicielem Q500 4K od 2 tygodni i mam ten sam problem. Pozdrawiam

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxTODxxx