Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. DroneClone

I fly the same spot after every update to test all features and I usually get 1,600-1,800 feet with out a GPS loss, but now with new firmware I am losing at about 950-1,100 feet!
    Am I alone on this newly unwanted feature!:mad:

2. mwfoshee

Do you mean the H loses satellite and location service, or connection with the ST16?

Steve Carr likes this.
  3. DroneClone

I lose telemetry on the ST16 all my readings on the left column go empty, not disappear, but go blank readings, battery, voltage all , I still had camera view. And a couple times it would just stop 1,000 ft out and then start moving very slowly

David Wilson likes this.
  4. mwfoshee

My worst nightmare, how do you regain control, (in case you can't tell, I'm very new to this)

DroneClone likes this.
  5. DroneClone

You can wait a moment and see if GPS picks back up (which mine did) or your can flip the switch to "H" RTH and see if it moves towards homepoint. Last resort is I turn off GPS and then you can manually fly her home!

mwfoshee likes this.
  6. DroneClone

The camera signal remains connected, but H to 16 signal for the controller is lost

7. Jimmylee

I thought you were using a Itelite DBS antenna?

Range is not a problem for me with new firmware, seems the same. I'm fighting the compass warning. o_O

Brian Mackey likes this.
  8. DroneClone

Do you wear the same clothes everyday? LOL ! :rolleyes: I do not always use the DBS, especially after a new firmware update, as I want to test all features in factory settings and equipment to see and be able to access their true strengths. Then I will fly with my DBS my friend!

mwfoshee likes this.
  9. mwfoshee

I've been practicing flying with GPS off, crashed my H for the first time today, wind was causing more drift toward a group of trees, I realized I had lost my orientation (why did i have the landing gear up?) And as it passed over a blackberry thicket it occurred to me I knew which way down was so I pulled back on the throttle stick and turned my H into a 1300$ hexiweedeater. To my surprise no harm done other than the cuts and scratches on my arms and legs (shorts and flip flops) from retrieving. When I got to it it was resting gently on the top with only a few vines wrapped up between the gimbal and camera (again why landing gear up?)

What I need, experience with no real damage

10. DroneClone

Luckily Jimmie, that is one issue I am free of! I am sure you have tried reloading firmware and re-calibrations right? Not to be negative toyou, but did you not use the hacked firmware that was floating around for 1-2 days before the "Official" Yuneec one came out? Just wondering if it was corrupted files? I hope you get it resolved soon, let me know if you do!;)

11. Jimmylee

That may be a good idea now that you mention it.
    I should remove my fplvr and see if the annoying compass warning is affected, maybe to strong of a signal.

DroneClone likes this.
  12. DroneClone

Yes, I learned those lessons many times my friend too! What I did, and recommend is buy a cheap $50-$70 Hudson 107C and practice flying around, as they have no GPS they will really help improve skill flying with no GPS. They can take a licking and keep on ticking and are fun to fly and quite fast and zippy when flown out of beginner mode!;)

13. DroneClone

Hope it works well for ya!

14. CAPTAINDRONE

Is everything stock on your craft and transmitter?

15. Jimmylee

I was a bit concerned about the early firmware release so just to satisfy myself I did a byte by byte compare of the two firmware files
    and they are identical in every way.
    I would like to reset the H and reload the firmware again but Yuneec does not allow that to be done unless its a newer version.

DroneClone likes this.
  16. DroneClone

Yes Sir! Never use accessories till I confirm new firmwares are functional!

17. alsey7

yes after the last firmware update the range of the H has been reduced i used to go 8,000 ft distant with DBS antenna after that i lst rc connection and telemetry at 4,000 ft distant. i dont think Yuneec will ever fix the range issue

David Wilson likes this.
  18. Rayray

Rayray Moderator
    Staff Member

GPS loss? Do you mean video or telemetry?

19. DroneClone

Telemetry my friend! The flight screen and camera picture is still viewable, but all the features on the left side of ST16 screen go blank, Battery level, distance, altitude , all of them state what they are, but the information in the boxes goes blank!:confused:

20. CAPTAINDRONE

Now you have me thinking... Perhaps (just a guess) that Yuneec has tweaked (in this firmware update) the transmission for the new ST16 Plus with the new external 3 antenna design.

abinder and DroneClone like this.