Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Losing GPS Much Shorter Distances Since Update!

Reaction score
I fly the same spot after every update to test all features and I usually get 1,600-1,800 feet with out a GPS loss, but now with new firmware I am losing at about 950-1,100 feet!
Am I alone on this newly unwanted feature!:mad:

I lose telemetry on the ST16 all my readings on the left column go empty, not disappear, but go blank readings, battery, voltage all , I still had camera view. And a couple times it would just stop 1,000 ft out and then start moving very slowly

Reactions: David Wilson
My worst nightmare, how do you regain control, (in case you can't tell, I'm very new to this)
You can wait a moment and see if GPS picks back up (which mine did) or your can flip the switch to "H" RTH and see if it moves towards homepoint. Last resort is I turn off GPS and then you can manually fly her home!

Reactions: mwfoshee
I fly the same spot after every update to test all features and I usually get 1,600-1,800 feet with out a GPS loss, but now with new firmware I am losing at about 950-1,100 feet!

I thought you were using a Itelite DBS antenna?

Range is not a problem for me with new firmware, seems the same. I'm fighting the compass warning. o_O

Reactions: Brian Mackey

Range is not a problem for me with new firmware, seems the same. I'm fighting the compass warning. o_O
Do you wear the same clothes everyday? LOL ! :rolleyes: I do not always use the DBS, especially after a new firmware update, as I want to test all features in factory settings and equipment to see and be able to access their true strengths. Then I will fly with my DBS my friend!

Reactions: mwfoshee
I've been practicing flying with GPS off, crashed my H for the first time today, wind was causing more drift toward a group of trees, I realized I had lost my orientation (why did i have the landing gear up?) And as it passed over a blackberry thicket it occurred to me I knew which way down was so I pulled back on the throttle stick and turned my H into a 1300$ hexiweedeater. To my surprise no harm done other than the cuts and scratches on my arms and legs (shorts and flip flops) from retrieving. When I got to it it was resting gently on the top with only a few vines wrapped up between the gimbal and camera (again why landing gear up?)

What I need, experience with no real damage [emoji23]

Luckily Jimmie, that is one issue I am free of! I am sure you have tried reloading firmware and re-calibrations right? Not to be negative toyou, but did you not use the hacked firmware that was floating around for 1-2 days before the "Official" Yuneec one came out? Just wondering if it was corrupted files? I hope you get it resolved soon, let me know if you do!;)

Do you wear the same clothes everyday? LOL ! :rolleyes: I do not always use the DBS, especially after a new firmware update, as I want to test all features in factory settings and equipment to see and be able to access their true strengths. Then I will fly with my DBS my friend!

That may be a good idea now that you mention it.
I should remove my fplvr and see if the annoying compass warning is affected, maybe to strong of a signal.

Reactions: DroneClone
I've been practicing flying with GPS off, crashed my H for the first time today, wind was causing more drift toward a group of trees, I realized I had lost my orientation (why did i have the landing gear up?) And as it passed over a blackberry thicket it occurred to me I knew which way down was so I pulled back on the throttle stick and turned my H into a 1300$ hexiweedeater. To my surprise no harm done other than the cuts and scratches on my arms and legs (shorts and flip flops) from retrieving. When I got to it it was resting gently on the top with only a few vines wrapped up between the gimbal and camera (again why landing gear up?)

What I need, experience with no real damage [emoji23]
Yes, I learned those lessons many times my friend too! What I did, and recommend is buy a cheap $50-$70 Hudson 107C and practice flying around, as they have no GPS they will really help improve skill flying with no GPS. They can take a licking and keep on ticking and are fun to fly and quite fast and zippy when flown out of beginner mode!;)

Is everything stock on your craft and transmitter?

Luckily Jimmie, that is one issue I am free of! I am sure you have tried reloading firmware and re-calibrations right? Not to be negative toyou, but did you not use the hacked firmware that was floating around for 1-2 days before the "Official" Yuneec one came out? Just wondering if it was corrupted files? I hope you get it resolved soon, let me know if you do!;)

I was a bit concerned about the early firmware release so just to satisfy myself I did a byte by byte compare of the two firmware files
and they are identical in every way.
I would like to reset the H and reload the firmware again but Yuneec does not allow that to be done unless its a newer version.

Reactions: DroneClone
yes after the last firmware update the range of the H has been reduced i used to go 8,000 ft distant with DBS antenna after that i lst rc connection and telemetry at 4,000 ft distant. i dont think Yuneec will ever fix the range issue

Reactions: David Wilson

GPS loss? Do you mean video or telemetry?

GPS loss? Do you mean video or telemetry?
Telemetry my friend! The flight screen and camera picture is still viewable, but all the features on the left side of ST16 screen go blank, Battery level, distance, altitude , all of them state what they are, but the information in the boxes goes blank!:confused:

I lose telemetry on the ST16 all my readings on the left column go empty, not disappear, but go blank readings, battery, voltage all , I still had camera view. And a couple times it would just stop 1,000 ft out and then start moving very slowly

Now you have me thinking... Perhaps (just a guess) that Yuneec has tweaked (in this firmware update) the transmission for the new ST16 Plus with the new external 3 antenna design.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval