Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Losing GPS Much Shorter Distances Since Update!

Now you have me thinking... Perhaps (just a guess) that Yuneec has tweaked (in this firmware update) the transmission for the new ST16 Plus with the new external 3 antenna design.
Very possible Capt. it is almost as if I have lost connection between the 16 and H, I fear if I was out farther I would not have control, RTH and it would just hoover till low battery and then descend! Not good at all! Mind you, I was only 1,000 feet out approximately, and in same area before I could get 1.500 + easily!

Very possible Capt. it is almost as if I have lost connection between the 16 and H, I fear if I was out farther I would not have control, RTH and it would just hoover till low battery and then descend! Not good at all! Mind you, I was only 1,000 feet out approximately, and in same area before I could get 1.500 + easily!

Alternatively, if you're regularly swapping antennas, have you checked that you're still getting a sound electrical connection on the standard antenna when you plug them back in?

Alternatively, if you're regularly swapping antennas, have you checked that you're still getting a sound electrical connection on the standard antenna when you plug them back in?
To tell you the truth, I have maybe swapped antennas three times, I only remove the DBS for firmware updates and the connectors are fine. But that is a good point as to why I just leave the DBS on!;)

It seems since yesterday which had a large spike in the KP readings there have been a lot of posts about loss of compass and GPS. No expert in the solar activity field or the Magnetic Storms that come about with a high KP days but has anybody thought that it might have been do to this? Just throwing it out there as I said I'm no expert.

It seems since yesterday which had a large spike in the KP readings there have been a lot of posts about loss of compass and GPS. No expert in the solar activity field or the Magnetic Storms that come about with a high KP days but has anybody thought that it might have been do to this? Just throwing it out there as I said I'm no expert.
I have flown in KP Index of 8-9's, not knowingly and never had an issue before, and it did this Friday the day of update and I had same experience. But like you , I am not a solar flare expert!:eek:

To tell you the truth, I have maybe swapped antennas three times, I only remove the DBS for firmware updates and the connectors are fine. But that is a good point as to why I just leave the DBS on!;)

I really hate those connectors. They just never seem very robust to me. :)

Reactions: DroneClone
I'm seeing the same behavior with my H after the update. Telemetry goes in and out between 700' and 1500' my video also freezes and restarts during this time. I tried my DBS, fvlr and stock antennas same result with each. I've flown out to 2500' with no issues at the same place many times before the update. I agree it's a shame we can't go back to the last update, I would think for safety sake they would allow that in case an update had a bug that jeopardized flight control.

I'm seeing the same behavior with my H after the update. Telemetry goes in and out between 700' and 1500' my video also freezes and restarts during this time. I tried my DBS, fvlr and stock antennas same result with each. I've flown out to 2500' with no issues at the same place many times before the update. I agree it's a shame we can't go back to the last update, I would think for safety sake they would allow that in case an update had a bug that jeopardized flight control.
Exactly! My camera display never even flickered in n out though like yours!

I fly the same spot after every update to test all features and I usually get 1,600-1,800 feet with out a GPS loss, but now with new firmware I am losing at about 950-1,100 feet!
Am I alone on this newly unwanted feature!:mad:
OK.... Don't want to freak anyone out here today, but I just flew 5741 feet with the Typhoon H and the most recent firmware update. I tried a little experiment which I'll post in my next Quick Tips video.

I had great range this morning with new firmware.... and a little help from a home made device costing no more than the price of a dozen eggs.

1705 meters copy.jpg

A windsurfer? Stop waving candy in front of a babies mouth! LOL!:( Nice area, really flatlands for optimal distance too!

Something I invented while eating breakfast this morning. I've named it the Egg Blaster 2000. :) But your guess is correct, it's a take off from the windsurfer. 100% ridiculous, but it works like a charm! Stay tuned for the video.

eggblaster2000.jpg

Something I invented while eating breakfast this morning. I've named it the Egg Blaster 2000. :) But your guess is correct, it's a take off from the windsurfer. 100% ridiculous, but it works like a charm! Stay tuned for the video.

View attachment 2885
So if we use the extra large "egg" container we may be able to pull a few more yards? Lol, the windsurfer does work. This is ingenious CAPT!

The video would freeze like when the camera is connecting to the ST-16 and the last frame the camera saw is frozen on the ST-16 until they reconnect. I think capt. maybe on to something, the new update could be optimized for the ST-16+ which has 3 antennas.... And like all of the other issues with the H it will affect some and not others. BTW love the "Egg Blaster 2000" is it out yet or do we have to wait 2 weeks....;)

Reactions: CAPTAINDRONE
The video would freeze like when the camera is connecting to the ST-16 and the last frame the camera saw is frozen on the ST-16 until they reconnect. I think capt. maybe on to something, the new update could be optimized for the ST-16+ which has 3 antennas.... And like all of the other issues with the H it will affect some and not others. BTW love the "Egg Blaster 2000" is it out yet or do we have to wait 2 weeks....;)
"Couple Week Captain" Like "Two Week Yuneec" LOL !:rolleyes:

Reactions: CAPTAINDRONE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace