Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

Losing Wi-Fi while flying.

Discussion in 'Q500 4K Help' started by Jimmer, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Jimmer

I have been losing WI-fi connectivity as of late. I look down and the display as saying it is trying to reconnect. This was a short flight. I was at 55 feet and 267 feet away. One flight I lost connectivity and it never re-connected. I hit home, landed craft, and had to cycle power to Typhoon to re-establish connection to camera. Any ideas??

Jim

2. bshaker Air4c 1

I was told by Yuneec that you always have to maintain line of sight, and there can be other issues such as buildings, trees, power lines, etc. that can block or cause interference with the signal.

3. Karenbf

Contact Yuneec and ask about getting an ECO installed on your remote and Camera. You will have to send them back under warranty and wait a few weeks but it's SO worth it. Increases distance for wifi dramatically. They revise the antennas.

4. Subtle Shots

I have had the exact same issue three times now.....but it displays the last connected still video frame instead of plain black....have to land, power down and wait for a new connection to get rid of the still frame video image stuck on the st10. ...will test again to see if i was not keeping the st10 pointed directly at the q500 within a 30ยค window.

5. pownalite

newbie...what is an ECO? what would it cost to have the upgrade done?

6. pownalite

occasionally i get about half of the viewing screen on the transmitter go blank "green"... is this what happens when the video signal is lost?

7. Karenbf

An ECO us an Engingeering Change Order.

Fleamac likes this.
  8. buzo831

Which they will do..?

Also, I've seen a mod you can do on the controller to increase the range but I thought amplifiers were banned in the US (based on readings here)? I think the service is on Carolina drones or whatever it's called.

9. Karenbf

They straighten out the antenna and solder it in better. It's not amplified it's positioned for better range. They do it if you are willing to return your camera and transmitter complaining of poor and inconsistent wifi. A few hundred feet is poor range and should be resolved. There is a you tube out there to do it yourself. I just don't know where. Also it would void your warranty I think.

Jimmer and Fleamac like this.
  10. buzo831

Thanks for the info. What's the range that you have been getting?

11. pownalite

looks like 2,000 feet for video range on this youtube video....then, "return to home" was initiated. on the return trip the video did not reappear until 600 feet prior to landing. the drone returns to where it took off and shuts down by itself.

Jimmer likes this.
  12. Karenbf

Now? I can get easily 800-1000 feet. They tested it out to 1200 feet I think. I no longer get those error "losing wifi" messages.

13. Jimmer

Thanks for all the info. I am going to contact Yuneec tomorrow. Will let you know what happens.

14. Headless Monkeyman

Patrick is awesome! Saved my project!