Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Lost Drone

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are several threads about that on here as well as other message boards.
Q500/Q500+/Q500 4K/Typhoon G
Try looking here this is where I found the most information about the SD card in the ST10.
Let me do some looking and I'll see if I can find more information for you.

Yesterday I lost my Yuneec Q500 4k drone, it took off normally but after a couple of minutes at 150 ft the drone lost GPS signal and stopped responding to the ST10, I hit the HOME switch but nothing happened I just lost visual contact and after a few minutes all camera signal. How can I find out where it landed?
simular thing happend to me lucky for me i took note of the distance on my controller i just walked in the direction it flew within 25 minutes i found it 3 broken props and 1 busted landing gear it is back in air again i have now fitted it with a £40 tracking device that connects to my i phone hope you found yours

If the Q looses GPS, Return Home and Smart mode will not work. It defaults to Angle mode, so you have to know how to fly it if that happens. If you can't tell the orientation of the nose, look at the green arrow. If you push the right stick in the same direction the green arrow is pointing, it will fly home. It's a good idea to practice using the arrow. Also, without GPS, it is going to fly very fast and could easily reach 50mph so you need to pay attention. Once it starts flying in a given direction it will keep going that way until you stop it with the right stick.

If the Q looses GPS, Return Home and Smart mode will not work. It defaults to Angle mode, so you have to know how to fly it if that happens. If you can't tell the orientation of the nose, look at the green arrow. If you push the right stick in the same direction the green arrow is pointing, it will fly home. It's a good idea to practice using the arrow. Also, without GPS, it is going to fly very fast and could easily reach 50mph so you need to pay attention. Once it starts flying in a given direction it will keep going that way until you stop it with the right stick.
You also have to maintain altitude - no longer auto.

Reactions: Stan Osborne
You also have to maintain altitude - no longer auto.
Actually, it will hold altitude. If you make drastic movements with the right stick it will lose some altitude as it flys in a given direction.

I got my Q500 today. I've been charging batteries in preparation for the maiden flight and I was going to install SD card to the ST10 as instructed here but when I opened the battery compartment, to my surprise there was already a 4GB SD card pre-installed and ready. Now I wonder should I thank Yuneec or my dealer. :)

Yesterday I lost my Yuneec Q500 4k drone, it took off normally but after a couple of minutes at 150 ft the drone lost GPS signal and stopped responding to the ST10, I hit the HOME switch but nothing happened I just lost visual contact and after a few minutes all camera signal. How can I find out where it landed?
Just read your post. Watch out!!! The Yuneec Drones can be dangerous TOYS. They can and WILL occasionally lose their signals, just wait and see. To find your lost drone you must act immediately, and before the battery on your drone expires. Watch the direction your drone flies once it decides to take flight on its own. (These drones can operate flawlessly and then out of the blue will no longer respond to your transmitter...and for what reason, I haven't figured out yet...) Immediately walk or drive the path of flight. The danger is that the drone may hit a moving vehicle... on a highway or interstate. When a car or truck is driving 70-80mph the results can be catastrophic!!! Once you are in the area where you think the flight path went, turn on your transmitter and watch for a signal that displays a "motor failure". (This will only display if you broke a propeller during the crash) If you do not get this message then keep moving around. Once you get this message then you should be within a few feet to 1000 feet of the drone. Pull up google maps on your cell phone and mark your position where you get the motor failure warnings. Keep doing this until you can pinpoint the area your drone landed. GOOD LUCK and hopefully no one gets killed from these crummy drone products we buy. This also applies to other manufacturers.

Just read your post. Watch out!!! The Yuneec Drones can be dangerous TOYS. They can and WILL occasionally lose their signals, just wait and see. To find your lost drone you must act immediately, and before the battery on your drone expires. Watch the direction your drone flies once it decides to take flight on its own. (These drones can operate flawlessly and then out of the blue will no longer respond to your transmitter...and for what reason, I haven't figured out yet...) Immediately walk or drive the path of flight. The danger is that the drone may hit a moving vehicle... on a highway or interstate. When a car or truck is driving 70-80mph the results can be catastrophic!!! Once you are in the area where you think the flight path went, turn on your transmitter and watch for a signal that displays a "motor failure". (This will only display if you broke a propeller during the crash) If you do not get this message then keep moving around. Once you get this message then you should be within a few feet to 1000 feet of the drone. Pull up google maps on your cell phone and mark your position where you get the motor failure warnings. Keep doing this until you can pinpoint the area your drone landed. GOOD LUCK and hopefully no one gets killed from these crummy drone products we buy. This also applies to other manufacturers.

You are replying to a post from March 26, 2016. I suggest you use the search function and read the many posts by our adult members regarding fly-aways and other of your orders about what to do and how to do it.

Which drone do you own and how long have you been flying it?

Word of advice "know before you fly"
Time to break out the manual and spend a little reading time with it.
This is an old post from several months ago. I will close this for comment so everyone isn't confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval