Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Lost typhoon H help please

Reaction score
I was doing a flight today over 3 miles where I chased the drone via truck to a lake destination. the first part went well then when we arrived at the destination I took it up and out about 100 feet over the lake. with visual contact it started flying very erratic increasing and decreasing altitude by 50 feet at a time. I completely let off the sticks and it dropped into about 75 feet of fresh water. I marked the heading with rocks and sticks but I'm wondering if there is a way I an find its last lat and long from the controller?

What is the purpose of buying insurance if it is not going to cover a loss. My drone disappeared off the coast of Hawaii. Thought I was covered with my insurance..apparently not. What's the point of getting insurance.. what a waste.

What is the purpose of buying insurance if it is not going to cover a loss. My drone disappeared off the coast of Hawaii. Thought I was covered with my insurance..apparently not. What's the point of getting insurance.. what a waste.
How old is your drone??? Have you contacted yuneec to see if it's covered under warranty??

I have had it for les than 30days. @Yuneec they are looking at the flight log but I feel they are not going to replace it. I just got the mavic and I truly like the yuneec more but now I may switch over to dji because of this.

Just to answer the original question. The insurance is to protect you and cover liability should you have an accident and cause damage or injury. You can also buy hull insurance that costs more and will replace you drone.

Just to help others in the future, if you lose the H do not turn off the ST-16 until you have written down the last Lat-Long coordinates displayed on the screen.

Those numbers will be the last place the controller "saw" the H and you can load those numbers into Google Earth to go there. They are surprisingly accurate. Been there, done that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take it a step further and invest in a GPS tracker.
I have the Trackimo and it is awesome!

Take it a step further and invest in a GPS tracker.
I have the Trackimo and it is awesome!

I have just taken receipt of my Typhoon H Pro. Haven't flown it yet as studying the instructions to make sure i know exactly what im doing - petrified of a 'fly away'!

Which got me thinking and looking at GPS trackers; however, i was wondering if the Typhoon H's own GPS would be affected by the presence of the drone tracker?

'Fly aways' seem to be caused by compass errors, human errors or GPS fail / interference - surely adding another GPS device could cause issues?

^^ I've used the Marco Polo trackers and they do not have any effect on the electronics or the GPS. Not sure about other brands, but my guess is that they would be the same.

Just to help others in the future, if you lose the H do not turn off the ST-16 until you have written down the last Lat-Long coordinates displayed on the screen.

Those numbers will be the last place the controller "saw" the H and you can load those numbers into Google Earth to go there. They are surprisingly accurate. Been there, done that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice

a gentleman and a scholar. let's hope I can get it out before the lake freezes. It should be one HECK of a video.
Do you think this would be a warranty issue since it's less than two months old?
It has had firmware updates and the accelerometer,compass and camera were calibrated and flying fine for two prior flights today

I wonder if the battery was getting low, so it tried to go to the appropriate altitude so that it could come back home, but by the time you let go the sticks, it died and dropped. ..just guessing.

HI:

Here in Spain, a collegue had a similar problem. He lost Typhon H in Mediterraneun Sea, but Yuneec Germany gave a new unit, after they analized logs file. They said "battery problems". Very very good response from Yuneec.

I want to put this tracker :

Incutex - Localizador GPS Tracker TK105 mini: Amazon.es: Electrónica

on the top of my H, near the power on button.

This tracker is very economic (40 €), but needs a SIM card, and in the test i have done, is very safe and accurate. The enclosure is water protect, but i prefer dont test it under water.

It is very easy to operate, only to do a call, and it answer with a SMS with a link to position in google maps.

Regards.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33