Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Love my typhoon h But miss a lot of options

If you sit down quietly and read the manual, look at the videos on the SD card, view the various videos from TiggerRC,Simon Newton etc you will be up to speed and find that just about all your concerns will be answered. Do remember the old saying "What goes up - must come down" in the case of motor/esc trouble the P4 it will be rapid and in the case of the H it will be controlled.

Redundancy is the feature word to describe an H not applicable on a P.

I did't that a few hundred times but that change the software ;) Like Quadbart says why not a simple battery meter instead of voltage meter. I got nothing the do with the bird it fly's great.

I have got to say Im disappointed with some of replies to this thread. Luna's suggestions are all useful ways of improving the software on the ST16 and a few people come across as fanboys just because he has had the audacity to suggest ways of improvement. We all like Yuneec, obviously as we have brought the product but that does not mean they arent open to constructive criticism and just because someone suggests a feature that you might not be able to see the benefit or use of does not mean its not a useful or good idea

Reactions: Goh and QuadBart
Why don't you sit down and write out a list of plusses and minuses for each one, and then decide to buy the winner.... Oh, hold on .... You've already bought it.
I believe it's known as "due diligence" and it seems to be missing here.
None of the features of the H were kept secret, there's dozens of you tube clips with pro's and cons.... It's a bit late moaning about what product "A" doesn't do in comparison with "B" after you've purchased it.
I believe the term is "buyer beware".
Again, enjoy what the H can do, and do a bit of research.
Even now you'll probably be surprised what it's capable of......Like formatting the SD card in the ST16.

I have got to say Im disappointed with some of replies to this thread. Luna's suggestions are all useful ways of improving the software on the ST16 and a few people come across as fanboys just because he has had the audacity to suggest ways of improvement. We all like Yuneec, obviously as we have brought the product but that does not mean they arent open to constructive criticism and just because someone suggests a feature that you might not be able to see the benefit or use of does not mean its not a useful or good idea
True, but there's costs associated with everything... You get what you pay for. You want more features, you'll pay more.

True, but there's costs associated with everything... You get what you pay for. You want more features, you'll pay more.

Not true at all. Most of the feautres he suggested are achievable with firmware updates - which lots of companies offer after purchase. Its not like hes suggesting better hardware features and I agree with him about formatting the SD card. Its a common feature, something that is easy to forget and I was surprised when I couldnt do it. Yes I can from my computer but why settle for that. If we dont push companies to improve its only us the consumer that suffers

I cant see why your all beating up on Luna, there is nothing wrong with having a wish list and the camera is lacking in certain areas and his desires seem quite reasonable to me.
RTH height setting, works in DJI no reason it could not be easily added to H
I would like better camera functions too, like bracketing, would be pretty simple to do in firmware I would have thought.
I guess some are flyers who take pictures and some are photographers who fly.
I love flying the H but there are improvements worth making and I cant see why it should not be discussed here without being accused of moaning

It just seems to me there's a lot of people out there now who've forgotten they've got an incredibly priced piece of kit, and are now suggesting to Yuneec "it's OK, but you could've done better"
Maybe if Yuneec had gone down the road of getting everything some people want included, we'd all still be waiting for the release, and naturally we'd moan about that too.
I'm firmly in the "grateful for what I've got, and looking forward maybe to future updates" camp.

That's my point. Lets say your in the field and you forgot to delete your full card in your pc after transfered them to your hardrive. Well then you have a problem or mabey you not and bring your pc with you al the time. That's why i wanted this in the software or do you have any other device that don't give us the option. Tablet, phone the all got this option.
I don't know what tablet or phone you're using, but I can't format an SD card in mine.

I can't comment on photo/video quality and adjustments as I'm not familiar with F/stop, shutter speed, etc. I just point and shoot :)

But I do agree about the DJI GO app. The DJI UI is a better experience. And its not like I'm coming from a Phantom to the "H". I've had a Q500 the same time as I bought my P3A. I feel the GO app is a easier to use and has some really nice features. The one feature I like about the Go App is that it "talks" to you. It doesn't just beep making you look down and take your eyes off your bird to see what its beeping about. I also like the "battery" meter. Rather than just tell you its time to land and vibrate like the ST16, you can see what percentage of battery is left. With the ST16 I have to remember that at 14.8 its time to start coming home, at 14.3 it should be on the ground....

Like you I like my "H" alot, I just feel the UI is a half-step behind DJI...

Wait and talk back after some firmware upgrades.
How many the DJI has had before he was OK, do not forget DJI changed to another App also.

Also the ST16 is a complete android tablet if needed.
like formatting the SDcard ... put it in your ST16 and format it that way

It just seems to me there's a lot of people out there now who've forgotten they've got an incredibly priced piece of kit, and are now suggesting to Yuneec "it's OK, but you could've done better"
Maybe if Yuneec had gone down the road of getting everything some people want included, we'd all still be waiting for the release, and naturally we'd moan about that too.
I'm firmly in the "grateful for what I've got, and looking forward maybe to future updates" camp.
Indeed it is an incredible peice of kit but rather than wait for whatever updates they give us then via discussionperhaps we can influence there thinking. You will see there is now a suggested updates thread which is a great idea if Yuneec read it.

You brought this with your hard earned money. You dont owe the company anything. Continuous improvement is what makes companies succeed

Why on earth can't you format the SD card before you put it in?
I did.... It's fine... Or just take another formatted card.
Height adjustment? It's the stick on the left... You just push it up... Then hit RTH. If you can't see where aircraft is..... Why are you out of LOS?
NO ""good" picture adjustment?... Have you looked at the options on the ST16 screen?
A ""quick iso switch"?... Seriously?
Look up "Nit picking" in the dictionary, and be glad you don't have to put up with DJI service......
Enjoy your H .......for goodness sake!
You are wrong for RTH home heights setting is very important, if you suddenly lost signal RTH sufficient return home height is very important

Reactions: Skypicswa
I own one but can't fly due to damaged controller, I'm trying to find how to turn off GPS so manual flight can be achieved. Would like format sdcard while in the camera. Grid lines for levels. Horizontal gimbal roll adjustment. Google map view.
I won't know until I can turn it on, so I'm just guessing. I do have that fly away concern and would like turn off via a switch.

I own one but can't fly due to damaged controller, I'm trying to find how to turn off GPS so manual flight can be achieved. Would like format sdcard while in the camera. Grid lines for levels. Horizontal gimbal roll adjustment. Google map view.
I won't know until I can turn it on, so I'm just guessing. I do have that fly away concern and would like turn off via a switch.

GPS can be turned off or on using the GPS/Calibration icon on the right side of the ST-16 screen. Changing the status of GPS can only be performed when the H in on the ground with motors disarmed. As soon as the motors are armed the GPS/Calibration icon "grey's out" and denies access.

Turning off GPS will not prevent a "fly away", and fly aways thus far don't seem to be an issue with the H. Turning off GPS could cause a user to sacrifice their aircraft should they fly beyond line of sight and/or not have the skills to navigate back to their launch point. Turning off GPS WILL eliminate the RTH option. No GPS, no RTH.

GPS can be turned off or on using the GPS/Calibration icon on the right side of the ST-16 screen. Changing the status of GPS can only be performed when the H in on the ground with motors disarmed. As soon as the motors are armed the GPS/Calibration icon "grey's out" and denies access.

Turning off GPS will not prevent a "fly away", and fly aways thus far don't seem to be an issue with the H. Turning off GPS could cause a user to sacrifice their aircraft should they fly beyond line of sight and/or not have the skills to navigate back to their launch point. Turning off GPS WILL eliminate the RTH option. No GPS, no RTH.

Thanks for the info PatR. The dealer has had a client with flyaway this last week. Turning off GPS should nullify this as it should be full manual control?
RTH I don't use due to LOS laws here and tbh I've only ever used it once on a DJI product. Would you know that if turning off GPS affects the sonar at all?
Thx mate

I don't believe GPS and sonar are linked. Bear in mind that turning off GPS will eliminate some of the features like POI, CCC, and position hold when you release the sticks. Altitude will still be maintained but the H will drift with the wind when in a hover.

Not trying to talk you out of it but do want to make you aware of some of the trade offs before you do.

Cool thx Pat, I'm only concerned when flying it commercially with Property Agents as I have trees powerlines etc. I fly manual when doing this as my eyes are on the bird and my fingers are twerking

Unsure what you mean by no SD format option.
That's my point. Lets say your in the field and you forgot to delete your full card in your pc after transfered them to your hardrive. Well then you have a problem or mabey you not and bring your pc with you al the time. That's why i wanted this in the software or do you have any other device that don't give us the option. Tablet, phone the all got this option.

Why can't you go into the PAD, go into settings, select storage and then scroll down to the SD Card section and select "Erase?"

That will clear the card, isn't that what you want to do? Just trying to help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33