Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Love my typhoon h But miss a lot of options

Just like a explain let's say you forgot to delete the pictures and your card is full in the field. Oeps big problem i think. But he i think it's a strange question to put that in.
Hahah the options on the st 16 screen there are none exept for the natural and other programs. I want my pictures and filming flat and not oversharpend like it's now. Color correction i want to do in post proccessing. The service of Dji is crap i know but the app is not, an way further then the typhoon software. Rth really push the stick ? Lets say you are far away around 11 meters height and suddenly you loos contact. It comes right at you at 11 meter Wtf. The phantoms go to a height that you give in. I put in around 70 meter so it don't hit a tree. Little things that i miss. Not nit picking but things that i think must be in the software. On the phantom controllers are on the bottom quick switches. I think you don't use one before because what a great future. Change iso with a click of a button and don't must go in the software. Camera point to the ground click and done not dailing a wheel. There are switches unused on the st16 so whats the problem. I love my Typhoon but with beter software much more ;)

you can edit much in the ST16 settings...so you can edit your Aux Button for make a switch with cam to the ground...

but you are right, DJI App isn't bad, because they have 2 years more on them...i hope Yuneec listen us and take our ideas (for example....Gamepadsticks for cam settings, and the other things we write) and they take a deeper look what DJI make possible. And i hope we don't must wait for model Tyhppn H4 that we have it :) ...they have done a good concept with that bird and know they have to do good homeworks...

so we wait for the updates YUNEEC :)
maybe its possible we get a light-off mode on the aux;) and a silent mode :):):)

Not firmware related but I would like to see a battery level indicator built into the battery.

You can insert the card in the ST16 and format it. Or just move the files over to the internal storage so you won't be rushed deleting them and loose something important.

Why don't you sit down and write out a list of plusses and minuses for each one, and then decide to buy the winner.... Oh, hold on .... You've already bought it.
I believe it's known as "due diligence" and it seems to be missing here.
None of the features of the H were kept secret, there's dozens of you tube clips with pro's and cons.... It's a bit late moaning about what product "A" doesn't do in comparison with "B" after you've purchased it.
I believe the term is "buyer beware".
Again, enjoy what the H can do, and do a bit of research.
Even now you'll probably be surprised what it's capable of......Like formatting the SD card in the ST16.

You really don't get it do you. I do research before i buy the H but i buy the drone because it fly's great. But hé i have a little list for the software departement that's all. You are a fanboy that's clear for me but Come on you say that rth is just push the stick? How you lost connection. When rth starts, a lot of people including myself get's a little nervus and forget to hit that stick. When its automatic what is bad about that. Again but i think you don't listen that good the H is fine machine but with software problems. When you bring a new good machine on the market why don't you make the software beter.

You really don't get it do you. I do research before i buy the H but i buy the drone because it fly's great. But hé i have a little list for the software departement that's all. You are a fanboy that's clear for me but Come on you say that rth is just push the stick? How you lost connection. When rth starts, a lot of people including myself get's a little nervus and forget to hit that stick. When its automatic what is bad about that. Again but i think you don't listen that good the H is fine machine but with software problems. When you bring a new good machine on the market why don't you make the software beter.
No it does not have software problems. As you said you did your research, so if it hasn't lived up to your expectations then that is your own fault. Stop complaining.

Reactions: Chris McMillan
No it does not have software problems. As you said you did your research, so if it hasn't lived up to your expectations then that is your own fault. Stop complaining.

An another one that don't get it are you brothers. I do my research but the software in depth and research it really how? If you know where please tell me . The software has no problems thee are only alot of things missing to get the perfect machine.

An another one that don't get it are you brothers. I do my research but the software in depth and research it really how? If you know where please tell me . The software has no problems thee are only alot of things missing to get the perfect machine.
Pretty simple really. Try reading a few more posts on this site for a start!!!

Reactions: Chris McMillan
Really you mean this forum where some people don't understand my message and what i a'm trying to say. And again the typhoon is good that's not my problem do you understand it now.

Not firmware related but I would like to see a battery level indicator built into the battery.

While I can see the use for that to give a general idea those are never accurate. If it uses 4 segments just one lit could mean it has 0 to 25%, that is a huge difference If it uses 5 that is still a 20% range for each segment.

Not saying it would not be kind of useful, but I would rather be able to have a portable device that can read the voltage accurately and they make those. Just have to wait on adapters to plug into the battery to use them.

These are lipos so I will never store my batteries with different charges in them. They will be in one of two states in the box if I am flying someplace. Totally charged or used. Once removed from the H they are used. i:)i

These are lipos so I will never store my batteries with different charges in them. They will be in one of two states in the box if I am flying someplace. Totally charged or used. Once removed from the H they are used. i:)i

I agree, in the old days with ni-cads we all carried expanded scale voltmeters. I keep all my batteries in a safety box but sometimes I question which one I just flew, part of getting old. With my Phantoms and Solo I just hit the status button and it tells me if it fully charged or depleted.

What exactly is your issue? Is nobody allowed to suggest improvements they would like to see? He started off by saying he liked the H but missed a few things the DJI has. We are not all as perfect as yourself in our research I guess.

If you sit down quietly and read the manual, look at the videos on the SD card, view the various videos from TiggerRC,Simon Newton etc you will be up to speed and find that just about all your concerns will be answered. Do remember the old saying "What goes up - must come down" in the case of motor/esc trouble the P4 it will be rapid and in the case of the H it will be controlled.

Redundancy is the feature word to describe an H not applicable on a P.
You brought this with your hard earned money. You dont owe the company anything. Continuous improvement is what makes companies succeed
Granted, but this version's been out a few weeks, and you're comparing it to an established company/model that's been around for years. Give them a chance instead of this odious comparison thing. They've built what they have, get over it and be patient you might be surprised with what comes out later.
I had a Syma X8W before the H, and by comparison I'm extremely pleased with what I've got now. It just depends on your previous experience. As far as I'm concerned, the "problems" raised in this discussion are minimal

I agree, in the old days with ni-cads we all carried expanded scale voltmeters. I keep all my batteries in a safety box but sometimes I question which one I just flew, part of getting old. With my Phantoms and Solo I just hit the status button and it tells me if it fully charged or depleted.

Try the rubber band method. Put one on them when you charge them. You have to remove the band to use it so that automatically lets you know it is no longer charged.

Reactions: yuneec53
Granted, but this version's been out a few weeks, and you're comparing it to an established company/model that's been around for years. Give them a chance instead of this odious comparison thing. They've built what they have, get over it and be patient you might be surprised with what comes out later.
I had a Syma X8W before the H, and by comparison I'm extremely pleased with what I've got now. It just depends on your previous experience. As far as I'm concerned, the "problems" raised in this discussion are minimal

Oke if you think 's good rth to home is not a good option then i think do you know what your flying. Yesterday i hit the rth and boy it didn' 't even rotating my way so you can not see what is in front of it and obstacle avoidance not working. Yes dji is bigger so? Yuneec is not new and the have different models already on the market and they are good. You don' 't neem option that is clear but a lot of people do if i read the comments.

If possible we do not need to remove the SD card from the camera can download the videos to the controller, and able to format the SD card or erase the files

Oke if you think 's good rth to home is not a good option then i think do you know what your flying. Yesterday i hit the rth and boy it didn' 't even rotating my way so you can not see what is in front of it and obstacle avoidance not working. Yes dji is bigger so? Yuneec is not new and the have different models already on the market and they are good. You don' 't neem option that is clear but a lot of people do if i read the comments.
From what I an understand, you couldn't see what was in front on RTH, correct? That means relying on the screen, and, one assumes FPV, with no LOS. You're flying blind. Not sure of your flying regulations but please fly safe.

From what I an understand, you couldn't see what was in front on RTH, correct? That means relying on the screen, and, one assumes FPV, with no LOS. You're flying blind. Not sure of your flying regulations but please fly safe.

Really i give up you don't get my point.

Do you guys know if yuneec reads this forum for software updates. Or another place where the read this messages.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval