Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Low battery warning

Is storage voltage the same as the voltage on it after low voltage warning comes on then landing? What I mean is, If I just don't charge them after flight, is it ok just to leave them?

I would like to get a charger that does all this. Anyone recommend one? Preferably a duel one. I saw one that does 4 at once but not spending $230 for one, if I can help it.
Hi I bought a Ev Peak DY3 fr.o.m. aliexpress a week ago, works perfect for two batteries

Yeah I get 16.8 at first. The warnings start when I stull have two out of four bara. It's around 14.7 I think

The thing is that the way this batteries work, it's kind of hard to measure them in absolute percentages. Although 100% is easy, setting the right value for 0% is tricky.

If you were to set 0% at the point where the battery is completely empty, then you would have a dead battery the first time you got to 0%, not only that but also the aircraft would've shut down mid-air long before reaching 0%

If you were to set 0% to the point of emergency auto-landing (after the 2nd low battery warning) then you would be "tricked" into thinking you can reach 0% safely, while in fact, even reaching down to the first low battery warning is already pushing too much from the battery.

Don't pay too much attention to those 4 bars, they are not accurate to determine how much fuel you got left. The best thing to do is to monitor the voltage reported:

Full charge : 16.8V
Land now: 14.3V
(you are on the low side of the battery, this is where you will get 1st Low batt warning, try to land before this)

After 14.3V you will still be able to fly (so it wouldn't really be considered 0%), but you are at risk of some things happening:
- Damaging the batteries
- The H could enter automatic landing (this could happen over water, or on a busy street)
- If you are too high or too far away, you are risking running out of fuel mid-air trying to return and having the motors stop while flying.

Greetings!

Mine are normally 16.6-16.7. If they read 16.2 I would start thinking something was not as it should be.
If I haven' been in the air for a week or so I use one battery just to uppdate the GPS almanac for up to 15 minutes and then I switch to fresh flight battery

Thanks for the info. What smart duel charger you recommend. I will be getting 2 powerextra batteries.

Come to think of it, I don't think I am getting the first battery warning. The first warning I get is the red screen saying under 60 feet and the st16 vibrates. I bring it in as soon as I see this. On the manual it say it does this at the 2nd warning. Am I missing something?

14.3v is what I got at time of warning

Last edited:
Last edited:
Come to think of it, I don't think I am getting the first battery warning. The first warning I get is the red screen saying under 60 feet and the st16 vibrates. I bring it in as soon as I see this. On the manual it say it does this at the 2nd warning. Am I missing something?

14.3v is what I got at time of warning
14.3v is the point that you get the first warning. Ideally, you should never still be in the air when you get any low voltage warnings.

Ya gotta figure some just throw the thing in the without understanding anything and try to figure it out later.

Ya gotta figure some just throw the thing in the without understanding anything and try to figure it out later.

Sometimes you have to learn as you go instead of learning everything at once. Thanks to sites like this being here it can be done that way.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airconditionerservice