Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Lume Cubes for the H

Interesting....quite pricey for a hobbyist. I can see the benefit for a commercial operator.

Ok, I'll bite. Why on earth would you want to do this? There are better ways to "position light" the aircraft without using lights that would likely interfere with the video.

What he said. :)

I use Lume cubes (I have 2) for my photography/videography (another black hole to throw money into) but for the life of me I can't see a benefit here.

I thought it might be helpful with LOS visibility and orientation .... They seem pretty bright at 1500 lumens each, not sure if they strobe though.

Last edited:
I don't see the benefit but to each his own. I've done it before on my 350QX's but only to light up a field and just for fun. Much cheaper and easier to mount cheap LED flashlights to GoPro mounts and works like a champ.

Has anyone used these? Do they work good? If you could rotate them up and down. That would be great.

Last edited:
Mine came in the post today from the US, I havnt flown with them yet but I did take them out into the back garden/yard and instant daylight ! They have 10 diffent settings of brightness and can be controlled individually by an app....these things are seriously bright, my eye still hurts from catching a glimpse off one. waterproof also down to 100' I think, so be great for underwater photography.....I will have a play with them on the H tomorrow night ! .... Lastly I weighed them complete with frame they come in at 260g so have a bit of weight that will probably affect flight time !!

image.jpeg

Reactions: m20b_pilot
Mine came in the post today from the US, I havnt flown with them yet but I did take them out into the back garden/yard and instant daylight ! They have 10 diffent settings of brightness and can be controlled individually by an app....these things are seriously bright, my eye still hurts from catching a glimpse off one. waterproof also down to 100' I think, so be great for underwater photography.....I will have a play with them on the H tomorrow night ! .... Lastly I weighed them complete with frame they come in at 260g so have a bit of weight that will probably affect flight time !!

View attachment 1773
so any videos/ new thoughts on them?

image.jpeg
so any videos/ new thoughts on them?

I havnt managed to get out whilst it dark. I have been flying with the cubes on, to see if it effected any signals or even its stability ... But to be honest it's as if the H doesn't know that they are there. I havnt timed it but I have not even noticed a drop off of flying time which I would have expected, as the whole thing weighs in about the same as another CG03. If the weather holds tonight I will try and get a couple of minutes of video :)

View attachment 1666 Has anyone tried these out ?
i have them for the phantom 4 and used them once. i didn't like how much they weighed the P4 down but it held. this one might be less impactful cuz the H is bigger and the location of it seems like it won't weigh it down so much. on the P4 you install at the base of the landing gear where this one sits up higher and in the center. these things weigh a lot, but if they don't work out for your H you can use them for anything else. they are super bright and can be controlled bluetooth. super durable as well, the video has a pick up truck running these things over and they were fine. they might be backordered still, they were when i bought them and they took forever to get to me cuz they didn't have the ordered color. they have grey and black.

View attachment 1861

I havnt managed to get out whilst it dark. I have been flying with the cubes on, to see if it effected any signals or even its stability ... But to be honest it's as if the H doesn't know that they are there. I havnt timed it but I have not even noticed a drop off of flying time which I would have expected, as the whole thing weighs in about the same as another CG03. If the weather holds tonight I will try and get a couple of minutes of video :)
Whoaaaaaaaa. Man I would like to see some video. I would assume that you hit upload file. I still have not posted a photo or. Idea hear yet. How is the movement when controlled via Bluetooth?

Whoaaaaaaaa. Man I would like to see some video. I would assume that you hit upload file. I still have not posted a photo or. Idea hear yet. How is the movement when controlled via Bluetooth?
I've done a 2 min video but it won't upload using the upload a file button as its limited to 9.8mb so I think it has to be hosted elsewhere ... The Bluetooth conection is great and the is a % slide from 1 to 100 on the app really smooth just like a dimmer switch, OK a bit gimmicky but they are extremely bright !!

You can rotate/angle the lights right, like up and down?
I've done a 2 min video but it won't upload using the upload a file button as its limited to 9.8mb so I think it has to be hosted elsewhere ... The Bluetooth conection is great and the is a % slide from 1 to 100 on the app really smooth just like a dimmer switch, OK a bit gimmicky but they are extremely bright !!

What's the best way to upload video on here ... Do I have to host somewhere else ?

You need to get a youtube or vimeo account setup then upload your video to their site, once uploaded copy and paste the the link of your video in this thread or wherever you choose.

I would google to check for best settings etc required for uploading a video to youtube or vimeo.

You can rotate/angle the lights right, like up and down?
You can fix them in any position you like, but that's the way it will stay during the flight....there's no auxiliary motor controlling up and down.

You need to get a youtube or vimeo account setup then upload your video to their site, once uploaded copy and paste the the link of your video in this thread or wherever you choose.

I would google to check for best settings etc required for uploading a video to youtube or vimeo.
Cool I will set one up now

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz