Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Mac can not format SD card from st10+

Reaction score
Was told by yuneec to use sd card from ST10+ Controller to update firmware. The other cards I have are 64 gb and I read where that is too big to use.
I am unable to format the card that came with the controller on my mac using the disk utility.
Stated: couldn't open device operation failed. I am running Sierra and tried to reformat in MS-DOS Fat.

Also the update came in a zip file. After double clicking the zip I got a folder st10+v01b30c.
Can I drag that file on to the SD card once I get it formatted. Do I need to open that file and drag each separately?

Thanks for any info you may offer.

Hey there seagull. I haven't done any firmware updates yet, but I use a mac as well. My SD card knowledge is minimal but do you know the mac/sd card trick (i guess you can call it a trick)? I'm running Mavericks, anyway, try inserting the SD card with it's lock tab just about halfway. That should pretty much set the SD card free. Hope it helps.

Seagull you can use the ST 16 to format that card in the camera very simple. Go over to the little cogs that you have on the ST 16 screen press that then go down to format. Now you're done.when you go up to the Yuneec site download it using Google Chrome and it will do everything you need to have done to that firmware update. The bin file should be there for you to drag and drop onto the ST card

Hey there seagull. I haven't done any firmware updates yet, but I use a mac as well. My SD card knowledge is minimal but do you know the mac/sd card trick (i guess you can call it a trick)? I'm running Mavericks, anyway, try inserting the SD card with it's lock tab just about halfway. That should pretty much set the SD card free. Hope it helps.
Thanks Krashmahn for the reply. I did try using another adapter that did allow me to format the card. I formatted it to MS-Dos Fat and for what ever reason the controller did not recognize the file. When trying to reformat it again in the mac the mac would not recognize the card at all. Maybe i needed to use the Exfat format for mac? Had help from Geek squad to put the update on the card from a PC. The update did go thru with their help.

Seagull you can use the ST 16 to format that card in the camera very simple. Go over to the little cogs that you have on the ST 16 screen press that then go down to format. Now you're done.when you go up to the Yuneec site download it using Google Chrome and it will do everything you need to have done to that firmware update. The bin file should be there for you to drag and drop onto the ST card
Thanks Dragonflyerthom for your reply. I have the typhoon g with a
gopro camera. Not sure if the gopro would have let me format the card or not, but in the end I had help to format the card on a PC. Thanks again.

Good to hear. Yeah, come to think of it now I had an issue reading off the new sd adapter that came with my quad. Still though, I keep a little physical pressure on any sd card until it shows up on the desktop. Oh well, my laptop has had a rough life. Still kicks a little bit o' booty. I do video editing when I can and I'm still happy with it. Take care.
Hey there Mr. Dragonflyerthom

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech