Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. Photo

I don't know if it's important or not to calibrate the H compass to the geographic or magnetic north? People I talked to say it definitley should be the magnetic north. If you use an Iphone you can adjust between geographic and magnetic north. You can check in Google how many degrees geographic and magnetic north differs from where you live.

Best from Sweden

2. THoff

It doesn't matter which direction you are facing when doing the compass calibration. You do not have to face north while doing that.

QuadBart and abinder like this.
  3. charliehorse

It's usually only a couple of degrees either way unless you are near the poles.
    Doubt you could hand hold it on an exact bearing
    especially when turning the H to calibrate it.
    I held it roughly north (in case it made a difference)
    and its rock steady now.

4. KBflyer

Can you tell me where you got that information from? Reason I am asking the video that Yuneecs top tech guy (Ryan) did for compass calibration on the Typhoon Q series said to be facing magnetic north. Whats changed other then from a Quad to a Hex. Compass is a compass is it not?

5. NRRTRAINS

hi
    just go out and buy a good old compass you know the little round thing that you played with when you were a kid it has the letters N, E, S, and W on it , then go out to an open area with nothing around you , no power lines , your car , concrete or any other items magnetic also turn your cell phone off , place the compass on the ground facing north , then do your compass calibration , why not face north it's simple enugf to do . when i take off i place my Q 500 facing north , it seams to get more sat's .the photo below is what i use .
    fly safe

ARROW MAT.JPG

Wileytrigger21 likes this.