Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Maiden flight...

Reaction score
After taking baby steps and studying the manual, doing all the proper calibrations etc., I embarked on my 1st flight.
It was very conservative in terms of flight commands, 25 ft. altitude, no significant distance etc.
I had the recommended sd card installed the camera w/ no existing data on it (64 gig capacity), and switched on the video record while on the ground w/ props rotating in idle mode.
The flight went well - so far I'm very happy with all the control aspects of the craft.
Landed successfully after about 12 minutes, and powered down the drone and then the ground control unit.
I removed the SD card and tried playback on my laptop (icore 7, gen 3 processor, 16 gig of ram), w/ several different programs VLS, Windows Media Player, etc. but the video was very jerky and innundated with pauses.
Any idea what gives?
Many thanx.

Hi, I had the same issue with my PC. I found that the video card would not support 4K video. A suggestion on this forum led me to a video converter (free download) and I converted it to 1080 and all was fine. Since the I bought a PC that supports 4K processing and all is fine. You can also adjust the video on the H to 1080 and record that way. I can give you the program but will have to connect my old computer to do so. Will be happy to help if you need it.

Reactions: FlyontheWall
I just found the program it is called PAVTUBE VIDEO CONVERTER it really works great. Use the trial version and see if it works for you. www.pavtube.com If I didn't buy a new computer I would have bought the licensed copy, was very pleased.

Hi, I had the same issue with my PC. I found that the video card would not support 4K video. A suggestion on this forum led me to a video converter (free download) and I converted it to 1080 and all was fine. Since the I bought a PC that supports 4K processing and all is fine. You can also adjust the video on the H to 1080 and record that way. I can give you the program but will have to connect my old computer to do so. Will be happy to help if you need it.
Thanks guys.
What's confusing is that sitting in my living room when I first got the hexacopter I went ahead and activated the cameral just to test the recording and gimbal aiming functions, and the test video played back just fine on the same laptop....gremlin?

Depends on the video settings you were using at the time. Toss in the camera not moving around in the air.

The H shoots very smooth video. What you had occur pops up from time to time in here and generally it's found an older computer lacks the necessary screen resolution or graphics card to deal with higher level video. Needed codecs can be missing as well. Then we run into issues where some experience issues with streaming H video only to find out their internet service is slow. I run into problems using some pricey editing software because a near new 4k laptop is short in graphics capability. Video recording frame rates can bite the butt too. I'm certain you'll get it worked out and find it wasn't the H causing the problem.

Last edited:
Depends on the video settings you were using at the time. Toss in the camera not moving around in the air.

The H shoots very smooth video. What you had occur pops up from time to time in here and generally it's found an older computer lacks the necessary screen resolution or graphics card to deal with higher level video. Needed codecs can be missing as well. Then we run into issues where some experience issues with streaming H video only to find out their internet service is slow. I run into problems using some pricey editing software because a near new 4k laptop is short in graphics capability. Video recording frame rates can bite the butt too. I'm certain you'll get it worked out and find it wasn't the H causing the problem.[/QUOTE

Thanks everybody, I'm so appreciative that I've found this crew of such learned and accomodating folks.

Yes, I was pretty certain the problem was pilot/camerman error rather than the TH.

I have a 2nd laptop that I use strictly for live performance & studio audio recording/editing/mixdown & mastering, etc. - I believe it's faster than the other one and although an upper end graphics card is not neccessary for that kind of work, this laptop was originally designed specifically for online realtime gaming competition and I'm guessing it probably has more of a high performance video card, so I'll try using it for playing back the SD from the aircraft.

Also, if I understand correctly, a fast internet speed is only needed when streaming the recorded video online, but not required when simply plugging the card in the computer slot and viewing it on the screen?

Thanks again,

B.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval