Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. Thunderbird360

Anyone got or found a maintenance schedule for the Typhoon H? As we know the 'manual' contains sparse information to say the least. Last one I have seen is version 1.3

I am putting together an Ops manual and service & maintenance schedules need to be in.

Mike_Flys likes this.
  2. Rayray

Rayray Moderator
    Staff Member

Where is 1.3? I only have 1.1.

3. JCFlippen

Manual 1.3 is a no no as far as I remember. Full of naff things. Yuneec still stand by 1.1.
    I have based maintenance of motors etc as 200 hours,the number used for most applications. Hopefully they are not cheaper and nastier than others out there. Solo reputably had T motors.
    Yuneec UK have an info sheet that is much better than the other stuff knocking around.

4. Thunderbird360

Interesting about the 1.1 verses 1.3 manual. I guess as as Yuneec have 1.1 still instead of 1.3 thats what we should use. There was originally a link on one of the forum threads for the 1.3 manual.

Still an 'official' idea of service schedule from Yuneec and maintenence checklist would be useful.

5. Dewster

ill probably crash it before reaching any scheduled maintenance. lol

6. PatR

Use what Yuneec provides for reference and build the rest based on your previous experience, 200 hours for the motors might be a little optimistic without some history from something else to extrapolate from.

7. sdharris

This made me laugh!

In reality I think most people sell them before they require maintenance or retire them as a new version is released.

8. Brian Mackey

So maintenance is actually replacement at 200 hours? Wish they would have made it easier to swap out a motor :)

9. Brian Mackey

10. banned user

At least with 5 motor redundancy we will probably safely know about it when the time comes.

11. this guy over here

So maintenance on these things is a must? I did not know that I thought u just fly it, take pictures and videos then u put it away I know that stuff wear and tear but damn for over a grand I u would think these things will last

12. this guy over here

What kind of maintenence do u have to do on these things?

13. banned user

I never really though about it before, I used to have a phantom, that was constant maintenance and constant worries in the air.
    What I do with the H is which is - I suppose you could consider maintenance, is just to give it a quick once over before each flight. I take a quick look at the blades see that they are not chipped or bent and that they are attached to the hubs correctly, every now and again I look at the screws and see that they are not loose, - they never have been, and I check that the arms click into position each time.
    Really it's a sound machine, I expect with boxing it correctly for transport after each use it's going to last years.

14. this guy over here

Yea I hope it lasts a very long time before I have to switch out the rotors and stuff

15. KR200

Check the rivets that hold the motor pod on. Maybe even add some packing tape to secure them. One of my motors came loose in flight, crashing the drone.

16. banned user

Yep I had a look over mine just after reading your post, unfortunate accident.

17. this guy over here

But I thought u could lose 1 and still land it with just 5 rotors... thats what they are saying in their advertisements

18. JCFlippen

Yes it works. I lost a prop by clipping a tree and the H flew on 5 motors, fully controllable with just a bit of vibration.

Mike_Flys likes this.
  19. KR200

The problem is that the motor is still connected and running but at an varying angle that overcomes the control mechanisms. In my video you can momentarily see the propeller as the motor pod twists itself off the arm. If the motor had just shut down the H could fly on the other 5.

Brian Mackey likes this.