Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Maintenance Schedule

I think following a pre-flight checklist ( i made one ) is just smart. sure it slows you down but, I would rather reward myself by find an issue before flight and fixing it, instead of paying yuneec to fix it :)

The problem is that the motor is still connected and running but at an varying angle that overcomes the control mechanisms. In my video you can momentarily see the propeller as the motor pod twists itself off the arm. If the motor had just shut down the H could fly on the other 5.
Oh I see

Anyone got or found a maintenance schedule for the Typhoon H? As we know the 'manual' contains sparse information to say the least. Last one I have seen is version 1.3

I am putting together an Ops manual and service & maintenance schedules need to be in.

Will you share your ops manual when it is done?

Besides 200 hour maintenance and such, and the normal pre-flight. I check motor temps at end of each flights, and clean and inspect the props at the end of each flight.
I make sure I always run the same props not mixing in the spares so I can track flight hours on them.

I also track my battery cycles/charges with a piece of masking tape on each one and a tally mark on it after each charge.

For battery maintenance the best I have found and been using it for years is a android app called RC Battery Watcher you only need the free version, as far as air frame maintenance goes apart from checking visually for any damage, missing parts, motors running smoothly and not running hot, props and mountings,engine mountings for security, before each flight and after flights you wont have any mishaps, in all the years I've flown the only problem I have experienced which I should have noticed beforehand was a lipo failure mid flight, had I kept a record of the internal resistance on the battery when new then do a repeat check every say ten to fifteen flights, this would have giving me a good indication the battery was very likely to fail, since this I do keep a periodic check and record the details of the IR in the app.

For those that are worried about motors wearing out my old phantom has recorded over 225 hours of flight time and not one motor has failed, in fact the only failures have been body shell replacements roughly every 60-75 or so hours due to fatigue cracks around the plastic motor mounts, and of course the odd prop or two.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike_Flys
All good chargers will charge or put the H battery into storage mode with the appropriate battery connector, which are sold by Andy quadcom on this site look under heading battery connector.

For battery maintenance the best I have found and been using it for years is a android app called RC Battery Watcher you only need the free version, as far as air frame maintenance goes apart from checking visually for any damage, missing parts, motors running smoothly and not running hot, props and mountings,engine mountings for security, before each flight and after flights you wont have any mishaps, in all the years I've flown the only problem I have experienced which I should have noticed beforehand was a lipo failure mid flight, had I kept a record of the internal resistance on the battery when new then do a repeat check every say ten to fifteen flights, this would have giving me a good indication the battery was very likely to fail, since this I do keep a periodic check and record the details of the IR in the app.

For those that are worried about motors wearing out my old phantom has recorded over 225 hours of flight time and not one motor has failed, in fact the only failures have been body shell replacements roughly every 60-75 or so hours due to fatigue cracks around the plastic motor mounts, and of course the odd prop or two.

I agree, but feel it is prudent to log/track your maintenance, and flight time.
As I plan to do some commercial flying I think a thorough maintenance log may be useful.

Unfortunately I also had to wait as they have been extremely popular, but the ones you have found are similar sort of product and do the same job, when you purchase your chosen charger don't buy on price alone because you will regret it later, especially when you want to charge several battery's up and the output of the charger only has a low amp output, I would suggest 12 amp output and upwards my own icharger 208B has a output of 20amps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
premadsoftwaresolutions