Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

MAYTECH CF PROPS FOR H

Reaction score
Hi All, Today I received the MYTECH props for my Typhoon H and once again I have problems with quality as two of them will not fit.
The problem is that the Metal plate with the locking lugs on two of them is seated too high in other words there is not enough room between the lugs and the blades so by pushing the prop down on the motor the lugs will not turn into the locking position.
The other problem I see with them is that the base plate with the lugs is made of METAL and because you have to push them down hard on the motor which is plastic I see the motor locking part wearing quickly, the H props are made of plastic and pop on real easy.
So in conclusion no way will I use the MAYTECH CF props they will go back in the box and I may send them back I also would caution anyone considering buying these CF props.
I will be interested if anyone has this problem.
Cheers, JV

Hi BobW55, I can take a photo but it will not show the reason it won't work.
I had another close look and it appears the plate with the lugs on it is not level
with the prop blades and it is not out by much but it takes very little.
The H props work very well and smooth on and off.
I have contacted Maytech and will see what they say.
Cheers, JV

Hi All, Today I received the MYTECH props for my Typhoon H and once again I have problems with quality as two of them will not fit.
The problem is that the Metal plate with the locking lugs on two of them is seated too high in other words there is not enough room between the lugs and the blades so by pushing the prop down on the motor the lugs will not turn into the locking position.
The other problem I see with them is that the base plate with the lugs is made of METAL and because you have to push them down hard on the motor which is plastic I see the motor locking part wearing quickly, the H props are made of plastic and pop on real easy.
So in conclusion no way will I use the MAYTECH CF props they will go back in the box and I may send them back I also would caution anyone considering buying these CF props.
Cheers, JV
Hey i got 2 set i had to sand right beside the hub were the blade hit the motor and I did rebalance buddy of mine had to do the samething the blades fly great once yo get them fitted mytech sent me a replacement set the also had to be did the same way maytech i think had a video about fitting the blades

Cheers, JV
I like the light set up you have on your H. How well do you like it and would it interfere with a real sense module

Hi Timothy Reece, I very much like the Lume Cubes and are great at night but also in the bright clear sun and the brightness can be adjusted. As for fitting Real Sense I think could be a problem I do not have it and some homework on it would be needed.
Cheers, JV

Hi harleyrider, I think I will also need to do some filing as getting replacement not so sure Maytechs service well??
I also bought CF props for my Q500 a few months ago and one prop had very little thread in the centre hub and it did not screw on well and just popped off with the slightest touch so never used it.
Maytech quality for me has a ????
Cheers, JV

Hi harleyrider, I think I will also need to do some filing as getting replacement not so sure Maytechs service well??
I also bought CF props for my Q500 a few months ago and one prop had very little thread in the centre hub and it did not screw on well and just popped off with the slightest touch so never used it.
Maytech quality for me has a ????
Cheers, JV
maytech quality is not the best i used but with a little time fitting the they fly great

Hi harleyryder, thank you I have taken note of what you and others have said and I will also be getting out the files.
It is a shame the quality is not up to scratch, I am keen to test these props as I also think it will fly great.
thanks,
Cheers JV

Hi harleyryder, Further to my previous post I filed the area around the base of the hub and yep it worked so now I can use them.
Thanks for your advice great.
Cheers, JV

I received my set yesterday. Carbon Fiber looks fantastic but I too have one prop that needs to be filed down before it will turn and lock. A few of the others were tight initially bit they did lock into position. Definitely not as easy to lock and unlock as the factory Yuneec's. For the current price of $40 (Carolina Dronz) I'm going buy one more set so I can fly them and have spare props in hand if needed.

Until someone categorically proves aftermarket props are better I can't see a reason to buy them. For those trying out new stuff, thanks for your efforts and please keep a detailed record of your observations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one has developed a better profile for the H props? It seems the design has room for improvement aside from just making it in carbon fiber. How much more do these weigh with the aluminum centers over the stock plastic ones?

The current props remind me of the P1 props i'd like to fly something on the H like the p2 and p3 props that should drastically improve it all around.

To develop an improved profile would require resources few would be willing to incorporate. A thrust stand is not by itself enough to base a design on. It would also require a wind tunnel and flight testing. Both of which are expensive.

Until someone categorically proves aftermarket props are better I can't see a reason to buy them. For those trying out new stuff, thanks for your efforts and please keep a detailed record of your observations.

I got burned once off e-bay A and B props for 20 bucks.. quality of them were worth 5 cents I think. I believe if you buy an expensive toy, don't put cheap parts on it. I only buy Yunnec props, last thing I need to worry about is one flying off in mid-air (well two since the H can withstand one) :)

I dont want to do anything too sphisticated Pat but simply trying some alternative props and doing some real world testing for potential effective improvements in performance all around.

Im ok with several props flying off a have a bushy tree that can catch it.

It would be a lot simpler if makers dumped the "twist lock" propeller mounts and returned to a basic flat mounted prop using a couple of m3 screws to secure them to the motor. There's a wide variety of those to choose from. Unfortunately people are lazy and love the "convenience" of a push button prop lock that costs them more money, generates wear to the locking mechanism every time it is installed or removed, and severely limits performance alterations. A lot is sacrificed for convenience.

It would be a lot simpler if makers dumped the "twist lock" propeller mounts and returned to a basic flat mounted prop using a couple of m3 screws to secure them to the motor. There's a wide variety of those to choose from. Unfortunately people are lazy and love the "convenience" of a push button prop lock that costs them more money, generates wear to the locking mechanism every time it is installed or removed, and severely limits performance alterations. A lot is sacrificed for convenience.

There is a profit to be made from consumer laziness and convenience with the right application of ingenuity and creativity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crashking

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1