Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

MAYTECH CF PROPS FOR H

IMG_1488.jpg IMG_1491.jpg IMG_1488.jpg IMG_1491.jpg So I have ran 10 batteries with the smooth yellow plastic prop adapters from Ralphy/Shapeways. I will post some pics later tonight. I am in the unique position of having ran original yuneec, the maytec carbon fiber ones and now the Ralphy adapters with Autel xstar premium props. So I have averaged 1 minute and 50 seconds longer flight times with the stock battery. The longer time is great but what I am really happy about is the motor temps dropped by 38° verses the carbon fiber! So the Ralphy adapters run cooler and longer than after market carbon fiber. I have yet to compare motor temp of original yuneec props after one battery verses the Ralphy adapters with Autel props. I have had no problem with screw on props loosening, they also seem less noisy. The only fitment issue I had was my set of adapters were snug at the top on the inside where they butt up against the crome top of the motor shaft. It is not off by much though. I just took a lexan body reemer and opened up the hole a tiny bit. I hope this helps everybody. Thanks Ralphy!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ralphy
View attachment 5088 View attachment 5089 View attachment 5088 View attachment 5089 So I have ran 10 batteries with the smooth yellow plastic prop adapters from Ralphy/Shapeways. I will post some pics later tonight. I am in the unique position of having ran original yuneec, the maytec carbon fiber ones and now the Ralphy adapters with Autel xstar premium props. So I have averaged 1 minute and 50 seconds longer flight times with the stock battery. The longer time is great but what I am really happy about is the motor temps dropped by 38° verses the carbon fiber! So the Ralphy adapters run cooler and longer than after market carbon fiber. I have yet to compare motor temp of original yuneec props after one battery verses the Ralphy adapters with Autel props. I have had no problem with screw on props loosening, they also seem less noisy. The only fitment issue I had was my set of adapters were snug at the top on the inside where they butt up against the crome top of the motor shaft. It is not off by much though. I just took a lexan body reemer and opened up the hole a tiny bit. I hope this helps everybody. Thanks Ralphy!!

Awesome dude! Glad to hear the positive feedback. I see you got the upgraded ones. Let me know exactly the little issue you had with fit. And get some carbon props. I found a guy in orlando thats a top seller for the 9450 in carbon fiber and they were balanced too!

Havnt had time to play with mine do to some unforseen life issues but i will get to it soon!

Isnt awesome the temps are lower on the motors!

Who would have known this could have been accomplished so easily.

I like the look of those three bladed props. Should be more efficient and quieter as well. Let us know how that works out for you.

Last edited:
Ralphy - what would those adapters cost if made of magnesium? Lightweight metal...

I'm not sure maybe other on this forum can help. The only place that produces these in a stainless steel bronze alloy is shapeways for under 100 bucks

The process is rather interesting they 3d print them in wax then made a plaster mold out of the wax 3d print then pour the metal into the plaster mold which melts the wax leaving you with a metal part once the plaster is removed.

Other metals including aluminum are in the 100's of dollars range.

There might be a way to machine them on a cnc router out of a piece of magnesium but I dont have that technology.

Here are the latest designs with an option to get a little more bottom offset as someone suggested to minimize prop tips touching on the front props. Capture.JPG

Hey Ralphy! I got my adapters (bs&f) a couple days ago. Still waiting on the tri-blade folding carbon fiber props to arrive, but the Autels just came in, so I tried to put them on. What a disappointment... Shapeways screwed up and sent me 4x CCW and 2x CW....

Rather than try to get it corrected, I'm just going to order another set in red (for CW). Can you set it up to get 4x CW (the three I need plus a spare, to match what I have in black [CCW])? Not worried about the other 2. This will match the color coding of the Autel props (and with a tiny bit of nail polish or similar, I can make the tri-blades match them too).

(I realize the pics may be low quality enough to make you wonder. I actually put props on the adapters. I found I have 4 that the black hub Autels fit, and 2 that the red hub ones fit.)

Oh. One more thought. Do the altering of height (to avoid prop conflict) at the axle base, not the mount hole flanges. Don't want to end up needing more types of hardware. Of course, if the 6mm screws work fine for both, disregard...

This might also be an idea for you... let the customer pick diff colors per spin direction... ;)

IMG_20170225_175945_717.jpg IMG_20170225_180013_066.jpg

CW/CCW used here refer to prop spin direction, viewed from above, not the thread (but I guess you can figure that out from the pictures...).

Last edited:
Hey Ralphy! I got my adapters (bs&f) a couple days ago. Still waiting on the tri-blade folding carbon fiber props to arrive, but the Autels just came in, so I tried to put them on. What a disappointment... Shapeways screwed up and sent me 4x CCW and 2x CW....

Rather than try to get it corrected, I'm just going to order another set in red (for CW). Can you set it up to get 4x CW (the three I need plus a spare, to match what I have in black [CCW])? Not worried about the other 2. This will match the color coding of the Autel props (and with a tiny bit of nail polish or similar, I can make the tri-blades match them too).

(I realize the pics may be low quality enough to make you wonder. I actually put props on the adapters. I found I have 4 that the black hub Autels fit, and 2 that the red hub ones fit.)

Oh. One more thought. Do the altering of height (to avoid prop conflict) at the axle base, not the mount hole flanges. Don't want to end up needing more types of hardware. Of course, if the 6mm screws work fine for both, disregard...

This might also be an idea for you... let the customer pick diff colors per spin direction... ;)

View attachment 5183 View attachment 5182

CW/CCW used here refer to prop spin direction, viewed from above, not the thread (but I guess you can figure that out from the pictures...).

Ok cool thanks for the feedback. Shapeways should fix the order if its their fault or provide a return refund.

Dont order yet, i can modify the files so that i upload a model with 3 cw and a seperate model with 3 ccw with the center shaft of one per set 3/16" higher. That will enable you to select colors per rotation direction.

Why did you get the first design? Jngrally post shows the newer design which fits better and is lighter.

I got the first because I'd ordered before I knew of the 2nd... :)

Consider making it 4x, not 3x - spares are always a good thing.

Just to clarify, when you say CW/CCW, you refer to prop spin direction, not thread, right?

I got the first because I'd ordered before I knew of the 2nd... :)

Consider making it 4x, not 3x - spares are always a good thing.

Just to clarify, when you say CW/CCW, you refer to prop spin direction, not thread, right?

CW and CCW refer to thread direction I made the changes you requested for the offset, the extra spare and the color choice per thread direction.

i will post the link once they are ready for sale.
Capture.JPG

v2.0 CW YUNEEC TYPHOON H480 to DJI prop adapter by BafcStudios on Shapeways

v2.0 CCW YUNEEC TYPHOON H480 to DJI prop adapter by BafcStudios on Shapeways

Last edited:
FePhoenix have you recieved and tried those 3 blade folding props yet

FePhoenix have you recieved and tried those 3 blade folding props yet
not yet. takes time from china... also ordering the modified adapters from Ralphy/shapeways (a post or two up...) I selected the slower processing as I don't expect the tri-blades to be here soon, save a little $. Will advise. Ask if no update around the end of march.

Oh, folding props are nearly impossible to balance, anyone have ideas? I ordered a .001g digital scale, so I can at least make sure the blades have the same weight to a milligram, but that's not the same as a maglev balancing like I can (and did) on other props.

Last edited:
Your personal referral code is: j1fb9.

Just share your personal referral code, and you'll get $15 for every person who uses your code to order their own designs on Shapeways. PLUS, they'll get 15% off their first order of their own designs. We call that a "win-win."

The tri prop idea sounds really cool. I run those on my Walkera f210 FPV racer. I'm curious to see how it performs for you. Thanks for the support and by the way shapeways offered a 15% off on your personal designs you upload and make through them as stated above.

Last edited:
The tri-blades arrived today. I used a milligram scale to balance the blades and assembled them. Just waiting for the Shapeways adapters now.

If the tri's work significantly better than the standards, I may even try quad-blade, but that's a thought for a couple months down.

jngrally, silly question: what did you do to measure motor temp? Function I've missed on the controller? Or laser-pointer infrared thermometer?

I've also got a dBA meter that I will hold ~1ft from the hovering TH for a moment. I'll get the noise level, flight time, and motor temps of the OEM & MayTech props as well as the Autels and the tri-blades (and perhaps the quad-blades).

Reactions: MarioH
The tri-blades arrived today. I used a milligram scale to balance the blades and assembled them. Just waiting for the Shapeways adapters now.

If the tri's work significantly better than the standards, I may even try quad-blade, but that's a thought for a couple months down.

jngrally, silly question: what did you do to measure motor temp? Function I've missed on the controller? Or laser-pointer infrared thermometer?

I've also got a dBA meter that I will hold ~1ft from the hovering TH for a moment. I'll get the noise level, flight time, and motor temps of the OEM & MayTech props as well as the Autels and the tri-blades (and perhaps the quad-blades).

This will be an interesting outcome to this interesting venture....

Cheers!

Hey maybe make a video to show how they perform

An adapter for APC props would be nice.

Whats the hole size on the APC? I think these will work if its m6 just get locking nuts.

If you need the shafts extended just send dimensions over and ill get it uploaded for fabrication.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis