Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

MAYTECH CF PROPS FOR H

Any update about the prop adapters and those 3 blade folding props
I have the tri-blades. They're assembled and balanced (annoying, but I figured out how to balance folding props). Waiting on the adapters from Shapeways.

Reactions: Ralphy
The tri-blades arrived today. I used a milligram scale to balance the blades and assembled them. Just waiting for the Shapeways adapters now.

If the tri's work significantly better than the standards, I may even try quad-blade, but that's a thought for a couple months down.

jngrally, silly question: what did you do to measure motor temp? Function I've missed on the controller? Or laser-pointer infrared thermometer?

I've also got a dBA meter that I will hold ~1ft from the hovering TH for a moment. I'll get the noise level, flight time, and motor temps of the OEM & MayTech props as well as the Autels and the tri-blades (and perhaps the quad-blades).

I used a temp gun I use on my other ground RC stuff. I temped each of the motors right after I landed.

IMG_20170316_195624_935.jpg IMG_20170316_195639_278.jpg
CW and CCW refer to thread direction I made the changes you requested for the offset, the extra spare and the color choice per thread direction.

i will post the link once they are ready for sale.
View attachment 5229

v2.0 CW YUNEEC TYPHOON H480 to DJI prop adapter by BafcStudios on Shapeways

v2.0 CCW YUNEEC TYPHOON H480 to DJI prop adapter by BafcStudios on Shapeways

Ralphy, please check that the models sent to Shapeways for these links are correct. As I understood it, ALL adapters per link would be threaded in the direction stated in the title. Is this correct, as it's supposed to be, and models uploaded accordingly?

I ordered a set of CW in Black, CCW in Red.

As I understood the descriptions and discussion here, I expected to receive:
Black: 1x CW tall, 3x CW standard
Red: 1x CCW tall, 3x CCW standard

What did I get?
Black: 1x CCW tall, 1x CCW standard, 2x CW standard
Red: 1x CW tall, 1x CW standard, 2x CCW standard

I'll yell at them after you've confirmed correct uploads and that my understanding of what I was supposed to get was correct. If so, Shapeways is operated by ... (I'll be polite) idiotic bunglers.

(complaint sent to Shapeways....)

Last edited:
Please post a photo of what you recieved and i will see how i can help.

They are messing up somewhere, what you expected to get is the correct assumption. Each file contains exactly what you said a CW set of one tall and 3 short all in the same color. The other is a CCW set one tall and 3 short all in the same color. The visual graphics reflect you are right and the order was processed wrong. They should fix it.

Ralphy, please check that the models sent to Shapeways for these links are correct. As I understood it, ALL adapters per link would be threaded in the direction stated in the title. Is this correct, as it's supposed to be, and models uploaded accordingly?

What did I get?

I'll yell at them after you've confirmed correct uploads and that my understanding of what I was supposed to get was correct. If so, Shapeways is operated by ... (I'll be polite) idiotic bunglers.

Last edited:
Hi All, Today I received the MYTECH props for my Typhoon H and once again I have problems with quality as two of them will not fit.
The problem is that the Metal plate with the locking lugs on two of them is seated too high in other words there is not enough room between the lugs and the blades so by pushing the prop down on the motor the lugs will not turn into the locking position.
The other problem I see with them is that the base plate with the lugs is made of METAL and because you have to push them down hard on the motor which is plastic I see the motor locking part wearing quickly, the H props are made of plastic and pop on real easy.
So in conclusion no way will I use the MAYTECH CF props they will go back in the box and I may send them back I also would caution anyone considering buying these CF props.
I will be interested if anyone has this problem.
Cheers, JV
My good friend bought me a pair for my H. Your correct the fit is TIGHT, but i found patience goes a long way. I've also found if it wont fit, go to the next one, had to step away a couple times. They fit better everytime, Im flying with them, perfectly!!
So try again, use a little pressure holding the motor & keep blade level, you will find success. I love them & did i mention I'm flying wit em, today even. Good luck, PATIENCE & A little Pressure to hold the motor

My good friend bought me a pair for my H. Your correct the fit is TIGHT, but i found patience goes a long way. I've also found if it wont fit, go to the next one, had to step away a couple times. They fit better everytime, Im flying with them, perfectly!!
So try again, use a little pressure holding the motor & keep blade level, you will find success. I love them & did i mention I'm flying wit em, today even. Good luck, PATIENCE & A little Pressure to hold the motor
1343357322501_5880450.png

Please post a photo of what you recieved and i will see how i can help.

They are messing up somewhere, what you expected to get is the correct assumption. Each file contains exactly what you said a CW set of one tall and 3 short all in the same color. The other is a CCW set one tall and 3 short all in the same color. The visual graphics reflect you are right and the order was processed wrong. They should fix it.
They essentially said "oops, sorry, we'll re-do and send to you soon"
We'll see what the next chapter holds... :)

Cool free adapters for you just spray paint them the right color. I ordered a set of metal ones, lets see how they come out. It will take another week or so to get them.

I also have a few sets of these carbon fiber blades, none fit out of the box. The bottom of the center hub is a tiny bit to thick. I milled them all using the same setting on my mill and they all now fit perfectly and install easily. I needed to balance maybe 2 out a 6 props after that. As far as performance as I do not have a wind tunnel ect. I will say getting to high elevation appears to be a lot faster. They are bit louder than stock but no flex so their not going to weaken in time. If your going to file by hand just be sure the file is wide enough to file the entire base in each pass evenly.
Good luck guys enjoy

They essentially said "oops, sorry, we'll re-do and send to you soon"
We'll see what the next chapter holds... :)

Keep me posted if they get it right the second time around. If they screw it up again I'll call them up and see whats going on.

These are the latest ones i should be recieving them in a couple days. They have the offset for eliminating prop rub and they have concave profile on the side a thinner base and hollow in the center all to save weight. I dont think anything further can be done to improve it. 710x528_18238303_10645605_1490641595.png

Reactions: slick
Ironically, my biggest complaint about the Typhoon H are the props. The blade is fine, it's the quick release mechanism I don't like. It wears out and causes props to loosen up, which no doubt creates vibration. They really should last much longer.

Are these adapters that allow the use of screw on props working well for those that use them? Do they cause an unbalance?

glidyoupost: 85032 said:
Ironically, my biggest complaint about the Typhoon H are the props. The blade is fine, it's the quick release mechanism I don't like. It wears out and causes props to loosen up, which no doubt creates vibration. They really should last much longer.

Are these adapters that allow the use of screw on props working well for those that use them? Do they cause an unbalance?

Call me if youd like 305 834 2929. They have worked great for everyone as far as I know. I use them and I even ordered them in metal. I won't let you down buddy.

View attachment 5452 View attachment 5453

What did I get?

(complaint sent to Shapeways....)
have you tested 3 blade folding props and the adapters yet

Hi All, Today I received the MYTECH props for my Typhoon H and once again I have problems with quality as two of them will not fit.
The problem is that the Metal plate with the locking lugs on two of them is seated too high in other words there is not enough room between the lugs and the blades so by pushing the prop down on the motor the lugs will not turn into the locking position.
The other problem I see with them is that the base plate with the lugs is made of METAL and because you have to push them down hard on the motor which is plastic I see the motor locking part wearing quickly, the H props are made of plastic and pop on real easy.
So in conclusion no way will I use the MAYTECH CF props they will go back in the box and I may send them back I also would caution anyone considering buying these CF props.
I will be interested if anyone has this problem.
Cheers, JV
Why did you order them again if you had problems last time??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Siyaco