Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Meeting the eagles ...

View attachment 4219 I went to google images and searched for "osprey carrying a fish". Its amazing that the profile of these images resembles "Typhoon H carrying a camera". I'm thinking that, if you happen to see an eagle, that putting the landing gear down may reduce the possibility of getting attacked by changing the shape, or silhouette, of the H.

Lol, with the landing gear down, is there a danger it looks like an 'osprey carrying three fish'.. o_O

Reactions: Nuance
View attachment 4219 I went to google images and searched for "osprey carrying a fish". Its amazing that the profile of these images resembles "Typhoon H carrying a camera". I'm thinking that, if you happen to see an eagle, that putting the landing gear down may reduce the possibility of getting attacked by changing the shape, or silhouette, of the H.
Wow, you could very well have reason. Thanks for that input!
The camera shows clear signs of being been grabbed with claws and ripped away. In fact I lost video several seconds before loosing RC link. The gimbal is all bent.
Anyway, if they attack there are little to do. In the video you can see how fast they come: a couple of seconds and it's done.
I did not notice that in the live feed at all.

I probably will ship the SD card to one of those company that recovers data from cracked cards. Could be worth see what happened in the last moments.
By the way, what happens if the camera is shut off with video recording in progress? Is it corrupted or not?

I have been chased a few times by the Red tail Hawks around here. Vicious buggers, and they don't give up easily.
Crista,
Sorry to hear about your H. I guess if I had to loose mine, I would rather loose it to nature then pilot error.

I probably will ship the SD card to one of those company that recovers data from cracked cards. Could be worth see what happened in the last moments.
By the way, what happens if the camera is shut off with video recording in progress? Is it corrupted or not?

Usually if the H was turned off before hitting stop on the video the last video file is not closed and cannot be read. Putting the card back in the H and powering up appears to look for open files and closes them, so if you have access to another H, you may be able to put the card in and recover the file. That being said, there should also be software available that will allow you to close the file correctly, but I have not really searched for any as the H has been available to do this for me when I forgot to stop video.

Reactions: chiloschista
Usually if the H was turned off before hitting stop on the video the last video file is not closed and cannot be read. Putting the card back in the H and powering up appears to look for open files and closes them, so if you have access to another H, you may be able to put the card in and recover the file. That being said, there should also be software available that will allow you to close the file correctly, but I have not really searched for any as the H has been available to do this for me when I forgot to stop video.
That's very useful info thanks!
The problem is that the SD card is cracked. I already tried in the ST16 and also to recover data with Pandora Recovery on a PC, but no chance.
Am now wondering if it's worth to send it. I guess that will cost between $100.- and $200.-. That company offers to make an estimation and a quote and if they don't recover anything they don't charge.

Sorry for your loss, Chilos. Thanks for the report though. I have eagles, ospreys and hawks in my neck of the woods and will now keep an eye cocked for them when I fly.

Try it in another H if you can. Can't hurt to try before you spend the money on the recovery.

I have been chased a few times by the Red tail Hawks around here. Vicious buggers, and they don't give up easily.
Crista,
Sorry to hear about your H. I guess if I had to loose mine, I would rather loose it to nature then pilot error.
Well, I still don't know what I would prefer. Truth is that I'm still a bit shocked, despite several experiences like that.
Hitting animals with cars at night in winter is very common here, I already lived that three times. You can't see them until the last moment and you can't avoid them. In a particular road they placed camera and lights this summer to detect animals and alert drivers. Let see if that works ... ok I'm heading off topics now.
Did I already tell that this summer we were flying FPV with a friend and he was attacked also?
Eagles are well present in the Alps.
Thanks for your kind words.
Ric

That's very useful info thanks!
The problem is that the SD card is cracked. I already tried in the ST16 and also to recover data with Pandora Recovery on a PC, but no chance.
Am now wondering if it's worth to send it. I guess that will cost between $100.- and $200.-. That company offers to make an estimation and a quote and if they don't recover anything they don't charge.

I had a tree jump out in front of my H once. The video on the card was not as complete as the video from the controller. You may already have the best.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop