Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Mini Zoom Lens for H !

No glue! Threaded, they are just tight sometimes! You can remove them will alittle elbow grease, that's how to install ND filters too! I thought the samething too

Yes it was pointed to in another thread.Looks of interest, it is not a zoom lens though
Yes it was pointed to in another thread.Looks of interest, it is not a zoom lens though
Said mini zoom as stated in my post and their description copied below:
With it being over 40 degrees narrower than the stock GoPro lens, 8 degrees narrower than the DJI Inspire X3 and Phantom 4/3 cameras and 16 degrees narrower than the Yuneec H CGO3+ camera, this lens brings your subjects closer without being too zoomed in to introduce unwanted image jitter. Available in a large selection of filters the 3.97mm can capture everything from beautiful RGB color to NDVI plant health images.

No glue! Threaded, they are just tight sometimes! You can remove them will alittle elbow grease, that's how to install ND filters too! I thought the samething too

Maybe it was another lens I seen then. One of them I read about having to remove the old housing, this looks similar hence my confusion. I did not read further, sorry. Maybe that was to install it on the GoPro etc..

I got the Polar Pro ND filters so understand how they mount. If this mounts in front like those do then I guess that would work. Will look weird with that sticking out. i:)i

I would really have to see actual side by side footage on this one. Unsure there is really much gain for the money.

Reactions: DroneClone
I have one on my GoPro and it works nicely! I can see a ant on a leaf from about 15 feet ! It also I found will attach onto my CGO3+ also, But I am trying to fiquire out the max weight limits for the gimbal and motor /gear stress max's. as it may be a little heavy, manufacturer stresses it is fine, but I need confirmation from Yuneec tech before giving it a go on the H

I have one on my GoPro and it works nicely! I can see a ant on a leaf from about 15 feet ! It also I found will attach onto my CGO3+ also, But I am trying to fiquire out the max weight limits for the gimbal and motor /gear stress max's. as it may be a little heavy, manufacturer stresses it is fine, but I need confirmation from Yuneec tech before giving it a go on the H

Funny you say that, I was also thinking about the weight hanging off that small plastic thread that holds the filter..

The threads are okay as they are micro machine threads and only need a couple turns to hold 50 foot pounds of pressure/weight. I am wanting more information on the gimbal motor and gear specs! It is actually very, very light ! and it is tuned to the internal lens and settings of the H camera, so if gimbal can handle it, it would be a definite add to anyone's accessories!

No way I hang anything off the front of my camera that isn't identical or very very close to the original filter/cover. Just not going to do it. You guys go ahead and do it though. ;)

No way I hang anything off the front of my camera that isn't identical or very very close to the original filter/cover. Just not going to do it. You guys go ahead and do it though. ;)

I think I have to agree here. I also don't believe that offers much. Still it is cool to have options for those that want it.

This might help: (From the specs on their page)

Weight = 7.18g (Stock Lens = 5.5g)

Only 1.68 grams heavier than using stock lens. I would think this is OK, no?

The Polar Pro filters weigh 4.06 grams each and I have been using them with no problems.

I was impressed with the comparison videos they have on their web site. It really does make a difference, exactly what I've been looking for!

Reactions: Drone4U2
Said mini zoom as stated in my post and their description copied below:
With it being over 40 degrees narrower than the stock GoPro lens, 8 degrees narrower than the DJI Inspire X3 and Phantom 4/3 cameras and 16 degrees narrower than the Yuneec H CGO3+ camera, this lens brings your subjects closer without being too zoomed in to introduce unwanted image jitter. Available in a large selection of filters the 3.97mm can capture everything from beautiful RGB color to NDVI plant health images.
They do not use the term 'Mini Zoom Lens' though, that was your title. It is not a zoom lens. I hope you don't think I am being pedantic but the term is misleading as a zoom lens (mini or otherwise) has the ability to alter focal length, this is a fixed focal (or prime) lens.

This is what worries me
The lenses listed below work in the Yuneec Typhoon H CGO3+ camera. For the best quality media we recommend the 3.97mm lens (photo of it installed below right). The glue holding the original lens into the lens mount is very strong, so please make sure you have a good grip on the lens and mount before attempting to remove.

Reactions: Rodrone
They do not use the term 'Mini Zoom Lens' though, that was your title. It is not a zoom lens. I hope you don't think I am being pedantic but the term is misleading as a zoom lens (mini or otherwise) has the ability to alter focal length, this is a fixed focal (or prime) lens.
Absolutely correct. A remote controllable zoom lens would be pretty awesome. Perhaps one day!

It was my term, as It will take a zoomed shot ! There was not intent to mislead anyone, but since there are not "auto zoom" lenses available to date for our platforms, it will get you the closest to that as anything available. I have personally tried them on my GoPro and they make a very good accessory for capturing the shots "I" need and just offered it out there for those interested.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval