Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Reaction score
I am running many test trying to determine why the Jello Effect has started presenting itself in my videos.

Today I attempted to balance my blades and go flying. I flew with a set of balanced blades and a set of unbalanced blades. I also secured the lens/antenna cover tightly just in case it was moving about and causing the Jello Effect. The flight with the balance blades were definitely better video wise than the unbalanced blades, but the flight made me feel uneasy. The set was a combination of three Yuneec blades and one aftermarket blade. I was worried that the Yuneec blades and after market blades are not created equally and could cause problems in flight.

The flight sounded different, but It may have just been me over thinking the whole mixing of blades. The Q500 flew fine. The wind was a little gusty so I was already on edge. I have not broken any blades in a long time, but I still have a few incomplete sets, both Yuneec and aftermarket.

I was just looking for thoughts and experience mixing blades. Perhaps, its not big deal?

Just me, But I would not use "any" after market products on the H, especially in warranty. And I am most certain the weight and design of the after market blades are not the same as the Yuneec OEM ones, which would account for out of balanced flight and the noise you are experiencing!:rolleyes:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop