Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Modify the default wifi channel

Reaction score
Hello All,
Like many here, I bought breeze and it was working ok (few reboots to connect it to my Nexus 6P) now the wifi is gone, I can see it on my laptop, Iphone , Ipad but not on my Nexus.
I noticed that Nexus doesn't discover the channel that breeze is broadcasting on (5 GHz , width 20MHz) and the channel over 150 ( 157 , 153 )
is there a way to modify the channel ?
Thanks

Last edited:
Hello shadimh,

I'm sorry I can't answer your question, but did you perform
a firmware update with your breeze?
There's a thread in this forum about wifi problems after updating the breeze. What is your release number?

Nic

Problem got fixed,
I contacted Germany office and they sent me a file and now its broadcasting on channel 43

Reactions: Frillen
How did you install the file? Can you share that file, or is it made for your breeze specific? Can you open it in notepad and read what's in it?

I have difficulty connecting too since the fw updates, maybe that can help

Reactions: Jmill
Please download the Breeze update :

(Please contact them for the link and the details)
1. Power on your Breeze. Connect it with your computer via micro-usb cable. Copy downloaded firmware.bin to your root of breeze flash
2. Unplug the micro usb cable
3. The front led will blink purple. After upgraded successfully, the led will be off. After that please restart your Breeze.
4. After the process, all updates must be reinstalled and a successful compass calibration performed.

Please contact the user support for the firmware and the updates
I'm not responsible for any damage that might be caused by the firmware mentioned in this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frillen
Please downlaod the Breeze update :
http://download.yuneec.com/Breeze/firmware.bin
1. Power on your Breeze. Connect it with your computer via micro-usb cable. Copy downloaded firmware.bin to your root of breeze flash
3. The front led will blink purple. After upgraded successfully, the led will be off. After that please restart your Breeze.
4. After the process, all updates must be reinstalled and a successful compass calibration performed.

it's much better if you contact them
maybe they have some new updates or other steps
Thank you very much shadimh, I tried downloading the firmware in your link(Living in Denmark, Breeze bought in Germany) and after an update all my android devices now work with the Breeze, even my Edimax Usb-powered extender works with it :)
EDIMAX - Wireless Routers - AC600 Dual-Band - AC600 Multi-Function Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router,Access Point, Range Extender, Wi-Fi Bridge & WISP

Reactions: Asserti
Although I'm happy with this news, I must say that I'm a bit hesitant about flashing some firmware onto my drone. I don't know if there might be small differences that can cause your breeze to brick. I would add a disclaimer if you propagate the use of this fw.

Reactions: shadimh
My understanding of this is that the EU uses a different set of WiFi Channels and this is not needed outside the EU.

FYI for anyone thinking about doing this in other parts of the world.

Although I'm happy with this news, I must say that I'm a bit hesitant about flashing some firmware onto my drone. I don't know if there might be small differences that can cause your breeze to brick. I would add a disclaimer if you propagate the use of this fw.
I don't think there's any chance that this fimrware can brick a breeze, if you look at the link Yuneec provides, it links to their official worldwide Breeze site and the filename is just called firmware.bin.
I believe that Yuneec rushed the Breeze out without checking if the default high channel number would cause problems in some regions.
What you're downloading(following the link from Asserti) is probably a generic firmware only with a lower channel number and is what should have been right from the factory in the first place.
I still had to update the firmware after installing this firmware with the changed wifi channel, my Breeze works exactly like before, only difference is that it now accepts all our dual band devices(android & ios), before it would only work with our ios devices :)

Last edited:
Reactions: AlligatoR
I don't think there's any chance that this fimrware can brick a breeze, if you look at the link Yuneec provides, it links to their official worldwide Breeze site and the filename is just called firmware.bin.
I believe that Yuneec rushed the Breeze out without checking if the default high channel number would cause problems in some regions.
What you're downloading(following the link from Asserti) is probably a generic firmware only with a lower channel number and is what should have been right from the factory in the first place.
I still had to update the firmware after installing this firmware with the changed wifi channel, my Breeze works exactly like before, only difference is that it now accepts all our dual band devices(android & ios), before it would only work with our ios devices :)

Dual Band as in 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz or just alternate 5.8 GHz channels?
I would think 2.4 GHz compatibility would need a Hardware Modification.

Dual Band as in 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz or just alternate 5.8 GHz channels?
I would think 2.4 GHz compatibility would need a Hardware Modification.
2.4 ghz only is single band, 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz is dualband, 5.8 ghz is in the upper limit of the 5 ghz range with channel numbers above 140.
As I understand it 5.8 ghz is mostly used by remote controlled planes and drones for flight control and video-signal, in some regions it is a closed and forbidden range to use, for example in Japan, WiFi isn't really designed to use these high channel numbers, at least not in all parts of the world.

I'm not responsible for any damage that might be caused by the firmware mentioned in this thread.
Shadimh - what does "your root of breeze flash" actually mean in practical terms please?

I downloaded and flashed this firmware. Happy to report I had no problems and it worked like a charm with the Edimax Router/Extender! I have no more video lag and no more episodes of non-responsiveness! Thanks!

Hi just bought breeze in USA (288$ perfect price - 8may2017 on amazon). Worked perfectly with my samsung galaxy note 4 there. Move back to Europe and I could not see/find breeze wifi. Found yours posts here, did it (downloaded firmware you mentioned, updated breeze) and it is working like charm again. Thank you guys.

Could you tell me this would work in the UK just got my breeze yesterday and it keeps dropping the connection?
Thanks

Oh ok cool thanks!... Was that said recently or 3 weeks ago? [emoji28]
LOL....I know exactly what you mean, but thankfully (for now), we were told this about three days ago. I've only done one flight with mine so far as I only got it last weekend so I'm going to hope that it gets fixed.

Where in the UK by the way?

Teesside here.

Rich

Leicester area fella and I got mine on Thursday by the time jessops stopped fannieing around with my order! took it to work (warehouse) To test fly and it lost signal and busted a prop on a pallet fixed prob need software haha!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430