Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Motor issues

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have acquired a Typhoon Q500 4K That was brand new but crashed after only a 5 min. flight. The frame was damaged along with 1 motor. I have replaced the airframe and the motor but the motor will not spin like the other 3. Any suggestions on what else may be damaged and how to fix this problem? Thanks for the help.

Hello everyone. I have acquired a Typhoon Q500 4K That was brand new but crashed after only a 5 min. flight. The frame was damaged along with 1 motor. I have replaced the airframe and the motor but the motor will not spin like the other 3. Any suggestions on what else may be damaged and how to fix this problem? Thanks for the help.
When you say it doesn't spin like the others, are you referring to speed, noise? The ESC would be suspect.
What cause the crash? Was it related to the motor?

Steve, The new motor doesn't completely spin but just jerks irratically. The crash was caused by a propeller coming off at about 20 ft in altitude. I hooked it up to GUI but no luck. It didn't appear that anything else was damaged but the one motor and the arm (frame) that was shattered. Like I said, it was a brand new drone and this was its first flight.

Steve, The new motor doesn't completely spin but just jerks irratically. The crash was caused by a propeller coming off at about 20 ft in altitude. I hooked it up to GUI but no luck. It didn't appear that anything else was damaged but the one motor and the arm (frame) that was shattered. Like I said, it was a brand new drone and this was its first flight.
I suppose it's possible the motor you installed was also bad. If the ESC was faulty it should be red in the GUI. Is it possible there is a bad solder joint between the motor and ESC?

Steve, The motor I installed was brand new from Vertigo Drones. It is always possible the it is a bad solder connection since I am terrible at soldering. I am inclined to believe that maybe the ESC board was damaged as well. In the GUI, all the motors showed green but when I tested the rotation, the one motor didn't spin properly. Do you think that could be caused by the ESC board?

Steve, The motor I installed was brand new from Vertigo Drones. It is always possible the it is a bad solder connection since I am terrible at soldering. I am inclined to believe that maybe the ESC board was damaged as well. In the GUI, all the motors showed green but when I tested the rotation, the one motor didn't spin properly. Do you think that could be caused by the ESC board?
Try hooking up the new motor to one of the arms that the motor is working properly. if the new motor doesn't work properly then you know its the motor.

Just wanted to give an updated on my project drone. Put in New ESC board, hooked up to GUI and got all green lights. Took it out for maiden flight today and it performed outstanding. It is very stable and is working great. Thanks to Steve Carr and others on the forum for all the help getting it back in the air again. I hope I never have to rebuild it again but I have learned a lot about this drone in the process. Thanks again everyone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold