Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My charger mod

I am assuming you all are leaving the Yuneec charger itself unplugged while charging with the rapid chargers.
How long does it take to get another charger if something gets screwed up in the mod?

Reactions: Typhooned
I am assuming you all are leaving the Yuneec charger itself unplugged while charging with the rapid chargers.
How long does it take to get another charger if something gets screwed up in the mod?
Yes you would only be using the base as a "connector" in this mod. New charger? I'd guess it would be the infamous "2 weeks" just like the spare batteries I ordered forever ago!

DO NOT plug in Yuneec charger when using external charger.

With my 120 watt charger I am charging at 8 amps max I can get out of it.
With the H Battery at 4.2v it will fully charge in 1 hour.
Since some have said the battery in underrated this should not stress the battery at all.
The battery does not even get warm at this charge rate.

Kind of wish I had gotten a bigger charger yet.

It took mine 4 business days from day of order to date received. The part number for just the base is YUNTYHSC4000-4 (at a cost of $40). I haven't damaged mine, I just wanted dual charging capability.

Thanks for the recommendations and advice on lipo's.
Sounds like you have had plenty of experience with them.

I just did not want to blindly over charge my one and only battery
that I have right now and destroy it.

If I am in a hurry I think I will try the 2C charge.
Other wise just 1C charge it when I don't need it right away.

Forgive me - I'm a bit confused. I have done the mod. The 1c charge rate for the H battery means how many amps do I dial up for the output of my charger?

Forgive me - I'm a bit confused. I have done the mod. The 1c charge rate for the H battery means how many amps do I dial up for the output of my charger?
1C according to the 5400mah capacity stamped on the battery means charging at 5.4A, however the actual capacity of the battery seems to be above 6000mah YMMV

Last edited:
Got a new lipo charger to replace that 50 watt, now we are charging at 5amp.

Got a Duo Dual 2 Port (2x 12Amps, 2x 120Watts, 240Watts Total) for $120 on Amazon.

This should handle just about anything I can throw at it.

So has anybody tried charging the H battery more than 1C yet?

View attachment 1126

I have the same charger as this. Set it at 8 Amps, the maximum charge you will get out of it is 7.9 Amps. That's about 1.5C. No problems with that, it works perfectly and the Battery does not even get slightly warm.

It took mine 4 business days from day of order to date received. The part number for just the base is YUNTYHSC4000-4 (at a cost of $40). I haven't damaged mine, I just wanted dual charging capability.
Where were you able to just order the base. I (my LHS actually) completed the mod and it works like a champ and I am planning to get a second battery and was contemplating the dual charging scenario. I was going to buy another charger set for $99.99 but if I can just order the base I'd rather do that.

Where were you able to just order the base. I (my LHS actually) completed the mod and it works like a champ and I am planning to get a second battery and was contemplating the dual charging scenario. I was going to buy another charger set for $99.99 but if I can just order the base I'd rather do that.

Yes, the part number above is just the base.

With my 120 watt charger I am charging at 8 amps max I can get out of it.
With the H Battery at 4.2v it will fully charge in 1 hour.
Since some have said the battery in underrated this should not stress the battery at all.
The battery does not even get warm at this charge rate.

Kind of wish I had gotten a bigger charger yet.
What do you find is the average amount of mah that the charger is putting in?

Exchanged my 120 watt charger for a 300 watt 20 amp charger touch screen
built in power supply for the same price of $120 on Amazon.

When I'm in a hurry I can 4C charge in less than 30 minutes.
I will probably stick to 2C charge most of time.

I have another battery finally coming so I won't have to
work this single battery so hard. lol

2016-06-22 18.55.41.jpg 2016-06-22 18.56.05.jpg 2016-06-22 18.56.16.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JB1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval