Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. Vegasrobbi

I really like the Wizard Wand. I have used it to run trails where there are sudden elevation changes and in environments you don't want to drag a controller along.

I have spent time researching the Wizard Wand and then did real life testing to answer questions I did not know the answers too.

I'm not an expert but these are my observations if anyone is interested.

Rayray, banned user and GRH like this.
  2. KBflyer

I have used the wizard in the summer but really enjoy it for my winter activities. Hope to use it this winter for my back country fishing trips. :)

3. David Wilson

Excellent videos, thank you. I honestly have hesitated to use the Wizard as I didn't know how to use it. .

4. David Wilson

Does the Wizard require calibration?

5. Vegasrobbi

Yuneec says to calibrate it when it does not operate properly. The procedure is in the Wizard manual; you rotate the wizard through a series of figure eight's while in the calibration mode. I have not calibrated my Wizard and it works perfecly.

6. KBflyer

Its kind of a new dance you have to learn but I have owned the wizard for a year and half and have never had to do a calibration. Not saying it should never be done but so far I have had zero problems with it.

7. Rayray

Rayray Moderator
    Staff Member

I did it, seeing is believing, but I hoped no neighbors were watching. Dance is right, more like a witches spell.

GRH likes this.
  8. HeliMoto/AeroworX

Perhaps a dumb question but I'll ask it anyway, how do you record video while using the Wizard? I don't want to Team mode as I am riding a quad, the Wizard has worked great leading or following but I can't figure out how to start video recording. Help!

9. Christoph

10. HeliMoto/AeroworX

Hi Chris, so you are saying to start video recording I simply need to simultaniously push the camera tilt down button and the center "magic" button? I don't need to use an app on my phone for the Typhoon H? Thank you greatly for your help.

11. CAPTAINDRONE

Great vids, very useful!

12. HeliMoto/AeroworX

I have watched both in their entirety as well, quite helpful, but I never caught exactly how you turn on the video for your camera - must you use an app for that?

13. Christoph

Hi Heli... Yes... Those are the two. Trying to put a picture in here. Impossible! (Managed to eventually) No need for the phone, just check led is blinking on the camera and the centre one on the wizard blinks when recording also. That is all I do. I must add that it is best to have it in Angle Mode when you do this as it may start to go somewhere that you don't want it to when you press that magic button if it is in Smart Mode. Hope this helps. Cheers, Chris.

#13 Christoph, Sep 25, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    CAPTAINDRONE likes this.
  14. Vegasrobbi

You should have got a Wizard function card in the documentation, I made a copy of it and carry it in my wallet.

There are many combination button presses that are difficult to remember. The chart is color coded since some button presses are simultaneous and others are staged and you must press in the correct order.

15. HeliMoto/AeroworX

Yep, I had that in my pocket as well and somewhere along the trail I managed to loose it. I suppose I should contact Yuneec and get another one mailed out. It is funny because I down loaded the instruction manual for the Wizard and states a coukd of times that you cannot activate the camera/video because Wizard isn't connected via WiFi. Weird.

16. Vegasrobbi

I also snapped a photo for my phone.
    IMG_20160708_132547.jpg

Attached Files:

17. HeliMoto/AeroworX