Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My experiance with the Wizard Wand

Reaction score
I really like the Wizard Wand. I have used it to run trails where there are sudden elevation changes and in environments you don't want to drag a controller along.

I have spent time researching the Wizard Wand and then did real life testing to answer questions I did not know the answers too.

I'm not an expert but these are my observations if anyone is interested.

I have used the wizard in the summer but really enjoy it for my winter activities. Hope to use it this winter for my back country fishing trips. :)

Excellent videos, thank you. I honestly have hesitated to use the Wizard as I didn't know how to use it. .

Does the Wizard require calibration?

Yuneec says to calibrate it when it does not operate properly. The procedure is in the Wizard manual; you rotate the wizard through a series of figure eight's while in the calibration mode. I have not calibrated my Wizard and it works perfecly.

Its kind of a new dance you have to learn but I have owned the wizard for a year and half and have never had to do a calibration. Not saying it should never be done but so far I have had zero problems with it.

Its kind of a new dance you have to learn but I have owned the wizard for a year and half and have never had to do a calibration. Not saying it should never be done but so far I have had zero problems with it.

I did it, seeing is believing, but I hoped no neighbors were watching. Dance is right, more like a witches spell.

Reactions: GRH
Perhaps a dumb question but I'll ask it anyway, how do you record video while using the Wizard? I don't want to Team mode as I am riding a quad, the Wizard has worked great leading or following but I can't figure out how to start video recording. Help!

Perhaps a dumb question but I'll ask it anyway, how do you record video while using the Wizard? I don't want to Team mode as I am riding a quad, the Wizard has worked great leading or following but I can't figure out how to start video rec....

Press together the centre and camera tilt down button (rhs one of the two below the ones you fly it with). To take a pic, use the left one. Hope that helps a little! Cheers. Chris.

Hi Chris, so you are saying to start video recording I simply need to simultaniously push the camera tilt down button and the center "magic" button? I don't need to use an app on my phone for the Typhoon H? Thank you greatly for your help.

I really like the Wizard Wand. I have used it to run trails where there are sudden elevation changes and in environments you don't want to drag a controller along.

I have spent time researching the Wizard Wand and then did real life testing to answer questions I did not know the answers too.

I'm not an expert but these are my observations if anyone is interested.

Great vids, very useful!

Hi Chris, so you are saying to start video recording I simply need to simultaniously push the camera tilt down button and the center "magic" button? I don't need to use an app on my phone for the Typhoon H? Thank you greatly for your help.
Hi Heli... Yes... Those are the two. Trying to put a picture in here. Impossible! (Managed to eventually) No need for the phone, just check led is blinking on the camera and the centre one on the wizard blinks when recording also. That is all I do. I must add that it is best to have it in Angle Mode when you do this as it may start to go somewhere that you don't want it to when you press that magic button if it is in Smart Mode. Hope this helps. Cheers, Chris.

Last edited:
Reactions: CAPTAINDRONE
You should have got a Wizard function card in the documentation, I made a copy of it and carry it in my wallet.

There are many combination button presses that are difficult to remember. The chart is color coded since some button presses are simultaneous and others are staged and you must press in the correct order.

Yep, I had that in my pocket as well and somewhere along the trail I managed to loose it. I suppose I should contact Yuneec and get another one mailed out. It is funny because I down loaded the instruction manual for the Wizard and states a coukd of times that you cannot activate the camera/video because Wizard isn't connected via WiFi. Weird.

I also snapped a photo for my phone.
IMG_20160708_132547.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20160708_132547.jpg
    IMG_20160708_132547.jpg
    1,020.4 KB · Views: 12

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval