Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My feeling about my typhoon h

I'm willing to go directly to their offices and hope i can fix this directly, if not then i will sell the drone with lost and never work with yuneec again .
If you have a defective unit, just return it and move on.

The first video is 10 min length so i have to edit , This is another short video showing the problem. watch the light pillar, I'm not even moving the drones .

My suggestion is to place the Typhoon H on the ground. DO NOT START THE MOTORS. Film something moving like people walking or cars driving by.

If you still get the jerky film, then it is the firmware in your camera that is the problem and you need to send it back.

If the video is smooth, then the problem is one of your propellers, or a loose motor, or your gimbal is too tight or too loose. All of those you can fix yourself.

There are hundreds of videos posted with the H that are great. The one you posted does indeed look poor although the lighting is poor as well. Please keep trying to get the issue fixed through Yuneec. The camera is capable of doing much better.

I had that problem of vibration. So I searched solutions of the forum, I found someone talking about prop balance... Humm interesting... I did that and.... hoooo yeah no more vibration.
I am photographer. I bought the H because I thought it was a "ready to fly" bird. Now I have understood and accepted it is not really a RTF... Some ajustments, settings,experiments, must be done and now I am quite happy.
Remember the first canon 7D' a super camera, but thé factory settings were awful and after my first shooting, I was about to send it back. For me the H, is a Canon 7D !
But I don't forget that Yuneec has a big job to do in order to correct and improve that bird

My suggestion is to place the Typhoon H on the ground. DO NOT START THE MOTORS. Film something moving like people walking or cars driving by.

If you still get the jerky film, then it is the firmware in your camera that is the problem and you need to send it back.

If the video is smooth, then the problem is one of your propellers, or a loose motor, or your gimbal is too tight or too loose. All of those you can fix yourself.
Hi thanks for your suggest. I tried filming moving subjects without the motors on, and there is no vibration at all .
Do you think this can come from the gimbal ?

I had that problem of vibration. So I searched solutions of the forum, I found someone talking about prop balance... Humm interesting... I did that and.... hoooo yeah no more vibration.
I am photographer. I bought the H because I thought it was a "ready to fly" bird. Now I have understood and accepted it is not really a RTF... Some ajustments, settings,experiments, must be done and now I am quite happy.
Remember the first canon 7D' a super camera, but thé factory settings were awful and after my first shooting, I was about to send it back. For me the H, is a Canon 7D !
But I don't forget that Yuneec has a big job to do in order to correct and improve that bird

Ah good to hear you fixed this, i will search for this and hope it can fix my problems .
I'm totally aware that some problem can perform on the first unit shipped,or missing future like the output HDMI clean from the MK III ect. But i have feeling that yuneec is not willing to fix non of this problems. I really a lot of focus problem on FB and YT, but non of them is fixed until now .
I don't mind using a go pro camera if there is a way to use it with the typhoon h. but i don't think there is a solution for now

Posted by Yuneec europe.... not a fake.
Yes I have seen that video before, not a great advert and posted by Yuneec lmao. However shooting at full zoom is going to be challenging to keep steady on a uav and zooming in and out is going to be a challenge to even a half decent zoom lens so not really surprised, though somewhat dissapointed. I would have considered the H920 an option for inspection work, which it may well still be fine on, but I a not buying based on that video lol

That much optical zoom on a very lightweight platform is never going to perform well. Fine for surveillance (which, funnily enough is what they're selling it as), but no - you're not going to be able to use it for quality photography. Of course, DerStig wants to use a machine sold for 'industrial and commercial work' and aerial surveys for filming his next HBO series :)

I'm beginning to feel guilty that I've had no problems with my H. It flies well, the camera shoots well and everything 'just works'. Given it's only been available here for six weeks or so, I'm not so surprised that firmware updates haven't come out yet - I've worked in companies that have struggled to get fixes out in less than a year.

@simmou I'm sorry you're having problems. There seem to be a few suggestions for things you can try - have you taken the camera off the Typhoon and checked the mount and vibration fittings are all straight and correct? Yuneec Support seems to be a bit different in each region, but on the whole they have a reputation for fixing things for customers.

The shaking could be an unbalanced prop the gimble should have taken any shake out. Have you had a hard landing?

No hard landing at all. Is there any way to fix the gimble manually ? I found that when i use smart task like orbit ect the camera is less shaking.

No hard landing at all. Is there any way to fix the gimble manually ? I found that when i use smart task like orbit ect the camera is less shaking.
Do a gimbal recalibration after doing the following. Check and make sure each of the 4 rubber suspension isolation dampeners are properly seated in their upper and lower holes. Check and see if the 2 gimbal safety hangers which go through 2 of the iso dampeners are loose and have play allowing the iso dampeners to do their job properly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece