Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My first h crashed and they gave me a new one, but now im nervous!!

Yes, do it at home, after that you shouldn't have to do for a long time, till it acts up, same with compass, do facing true north and make sure you get the success lights when done, then don't worry about doing again, till you fly 100+ miles from your last calibration of the compass

Reactions: John S
Well I went back out (you've got get straight back on that horse!) calibrated the accelerometer on the box after carefully checking it was level with my spirit level thing...faced what I thought was North (forgot to download a compass on my phone, but basically facing the opposite direction to earlier today)....and she flew really well, solid and steady...went where I wanted her to go, and was straight and true on landing, no drift! Only a quick flight as it was starting to get dark, but my confidence is coming back. I'll go out after work tomorrow and try some tracking shots to see how smooth and acurate it is.
Big thanks guys, my confidence was knocked and you have helped me! I would never say I'm an expert drone pilot, but I can fly without gps both LOS and FPV, and I am learning to fly my 250 quad in rate mode...but this made me feel like a complete begginer again, but not anymore!! Still,loads to learn, but I'll get there!

Reactions: DroneClone
There was very little wind, but some...
Are you free on friday? I think I've that day off, that or t

Thanks, calling them first thing tomorrow!

Good news you have it sorted. My days off are Mondays but I do get time off during the day as well. I don't know my work till the day before hand though so hard to plan things! I have been flying up butser hill lately with good results

If the IMU/accelerometers/gyros are showing proper values in the GUI, there is no need for calibration
Granted, but what are the proper values for the H where you are located? Curious! if your H is not flying/hovering stable, regardless , I would calibrate myself

If you have done the accelerometer cal properly, i.e. on level surface, and you are booting up the H on the level without touching it while it boots, and it is still drifting or unstable then the bird has a problem. Sorry to say, this one needs to go back to Yuneec as well before you suffer another crash. Call them right away and explain the issue.
When you Callabrate you should do both the compass and the accelerometer.

Good news you have it sorted. My days off are Mondays but I do get time off during the day as well. I don't know my work till the day before hand though so hard to plan things! I have been flying up butser hill lately with good results
I'll check when I'm free, must keep,in touch

Well I went back out (you've got get straight back on that horse!) calibrated the accelerometer on the box after carefully checking it was level with my spirit level thing...faced what I thought was North (forgot to download a compass on my phone, but basically facing the opposite direction to earlier today)....and she flew really well, solid and steady...went where I wanted her to go, and was straight and true on landing, no drift! Only a quick flight as it was starting to get dark, but my confidence is coming back. I'll go out after work tomorrow and try some tracking shots to see how smooth and acurate it is.
Big thanks guys, my confidence was knocked and you have helped me! I would never say I'm an expert drone pilot, but I can fly without gps both LOS and FPV, and I am learning to fly my 250 quad in rate mode...but this made me feel like a complete begginer again, but not anymore!! Still,loads to learn, but I'll get there!
Don't be afraid to go fly that puppy,you should do both the compass and accelerometer when you Callabrate in the future,if she's flying good now for you,go for it!

Only thing I would mention is.................... if you're flying in Angle mode, check the flight mode switch "constantly"!! It's surprising how easy it is to bump it up to smart mode. Then she starts acting funny!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430