Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My H FPVLR KIT 9,000ft + and video

Vortex, you liking the DBS so far? Anyone know the best place to get one from for a good price?

I am just tinkering with the idea, it will be awhile before I commit to anything. I have not even had the chance to really fly the H yet. Waiting on the spare batteries that I ordered. Since I need to only use the batteries half way for the first 10 flights to condition them, I want to use all 4. I would hate to take a drive all the way to a park only to fly it for 10 min. So I am in a hold pattern. i:)i

I think if the FPVLR antenna had some type of bridge between them, it would greatly improve the design. Maybe a metal plate and bracket of some kind. Just something to support both better. I don't like the current design at all. Again I don't own one nor have I ever seen one in person but there are tons of videos on it. I am honestly not trying to bash the FPVLR at all, it looks to be a good performer, videos to prove it. I just dislike the way they just hang there as I already said.

Yeah I am overall happy with my DBS. A few days ago, I flew out my H to 0.7 miles and experienced loss of flight info.. GPS/ALT/DIST/SPEED disappeared but quickly came back. Everything was N/A but no video drop out. I guess the trick is to aim these LR antennas properly to maintain good connection.
I bought mine from:
ITELITE - Typhoon H Range Booster ITE-DBS04.6B

If you ever have the time please try that and the ones that come with it. I would like to hear your experience on the comparison and if the DBS really makes a difference.

HA! I just watched a video of some guys putting a FPVLR on an ST10 and it does have a bridge between them. So they did have that design at one point. I wonder why they changed it?

Last edited:
My FPVLR came yesterday and my DBS and H arrive today. Keep an eye on the classifieds to see which antenna worked the best (for MY application) ;)

Cool!!! Please do a test between all of the antenna for us. STOCK/DBS/FVPLR. Fly in the same place and flight path etc... that would be greatly appreciated. See how far each can go.

Reactions: JohnL
If you ever have the time please try that and the ones that come with it. I would like to hear your experience on the comparison and if the DBS really makes a difference.

HA! I just watched a video of some guys putting a FPVLR on an ST10 and it does have a bridge between them. So they did have that design at one point. I wonder why they changed it?
The ST10 was a different model and required a opening up of the transmitter and drilling a third hole in your reciever, and yes it had a white or clear plate that both antennas mounted on.

Stock Antenna =1,123 feet
FPVLR = 2,225 feet
DBS = 3, 350 feet( sometimes the same as FPVLR) depends on location and conditions !.

And yes, all are very directional, and require the antennas be pointed directly at the H at all times, which is hard to do sometimes with no map overlay and the H being out of line of sight !

I think my distances so far have been:
Stock - 2,200' with some video loss
FPVLR - 5,850' + (turned around due to headwind for return home and battery concerns, had to land with battery warning signal on for the last 1,500'
DBS a little under 4,000'
All the same path, no obstructions

Will test some more after I install my Marco Polo. Need to RTFM and figure out how to pair it, etc. I was an auditor for much of my career and detest reading "stuff" now.

I was able to test out my FPVLR today. Keep in mind that I live in a pretty heavily populated area of Los Angeles next to a business center. Test was performed @ 400ft. elevation.

Stock (towards the business center (950ft)
FPVLR (towards the business center (1600ft)

Stock (away from the business center (1400ft)
FPVLR (away from the business center (2400ft)

Test was done without any trees or other obstacles in the way. It was a clear LOS test. Each test showed about a 60% increase in signal retention with the FPVLR. I'll take it to the beach which is where I'll do most of my filming anyways for further testing this weekend.

Small gripe here, but the FPVLR wasn't packaged very well. One of the leads coming off the 2.4Ghz antenna was bent pretty badly. I tried to straighten it as much as I felt comfortable doing, but it is still not straight.

Vortex, you liking the DBS so far? Anyone know the best place to get one from for a good price?

I am just tinkering with the idea, it will be awhile before I commit to anything. I have not even had the chance to really fly the H yet. Waiting on the spare batteries that I ordered. Since I need to only use the batteries half way for the first 10 flights to condition them, I want to use all 4. I would hate to take a drive all the way to a park only to fly it for 10 min. So I am in a hold pattern. i:)i

I think if the FPVLR antenna had some type of bridge between them, it would greatly improve the design. Maybe a metal plate and bracket of some kind. Just something to support both better. I don't like the current design at all. Again I don't own one nor have I ever seen one in person but there are tons of videos on it. I am honestly not trying to bash the FPVLR at all, it looks to be a good performer, videos to prove it. I just dislike the way they just hang there as I already said.

Agree. The design of a cantilever mounting with the antenna hanging on the SMA connector appears questionable.

I will also be buying the new DJI Phantom Hex when it comes out next year.

I won't. i:)i

I am not one of the guys here that have lots of different drones. I really cannot afford that, I am putting all my eggs in the Yuneec basket so to speak. Maybe in a few years I will upgrade etc.. but not for awhile.

Of course we all say that until the next version comes out. i:)i
I did not do that when the newer parrots came out. I held off until now, even passing on the Q500 which looked cool.

I am sure the Phantom hex will be a nice drone but I bet you now they make it white and it will look like a toy like the P4 does. **** that is UGLY, to me at least. This from a company that designed the Inspire which actually looks cool.

Here is what will really make me laugh. I bet the PHex will have retractable landing gear and a 360 camera and I bet all of a sudden all the DJI users that say this is lame and not needed on the TH will love it and tout how great it is! I see it coming. i:)i

BTW thanks guys for the comparison data. I like seeing different results like that. Please keep posting any test results, it really helps.

I won't. i:)i

I am not one of the guys here that have lots of different drones. I really cannot afford that, I am putting all my eggs in the Yuneec basket so to speak. Maybe in a few years I will upgrade etc.. but not for awhile.

Of course we all say that until the next version comes out. i:)i
I did not do that when the newer parrots came out. I held off until now, even passing on the Q500 which looked cool.

I am sure the Phantom hex will be a nice drone but I bet you now they make it white and it will look like a toy like the P4 does. **** that is UGLY, to me at least. This from a company that designed the Inspire which actually looks cool.

Here is what will really make me laugh. I bet the PHex will have retractable landing gear and a 360 camera and I bet all of a sudden all the DJI users that say this is lame and not needed on the TH will love it and tout how great it is! I see it coming. i:)i

BTW thanks guys for the comparison data. I like seeing different results like that. Please keep posting any test results, it really helps.
Where is word of a PHEX ? Or is it T Rex? LOL ! Never heard of a plan for one, or is it speculation! Thanks !

Where is word of a PHEX ? Or is it T Rex? LOL ! Never heard of a plan for one, or is it speculation! Thanks !

I have not heard of any official word on one either but it is an extremely good bet that they will. They have to actually. They cannot stay with only quads when the H is getting so much attention.

I was able to test out my FPVLR today. Keep in mind that I live in a pretty heavily populated area of Los Angeles next to a business center. Test was performed @ 400ft. elevation.

Stock (towards the business center (950ft)
FPVLR (towards the business center (1600ft)

Stock (away from the business center (1400ft)
FPVLR (away from the business center (2400ft)

Test was done without any trees or other obstacles in the way. It was a clear LOS test. Each test showed about a 60% increase in signal retention with the FPVLR. I'll take it to the beach which is where I'll do most of my filming anyways for further testing this weekend.

Small gripe here, but the FPVLR wasn't packaged very well. One of the leads coming off the 2.4Ghz antenna was bent pretty badly. I tried to straighten it as much as I felt comfortable doing, but it is still not straight.
Did you have video loss beyond those distances or what?

I have not heard of any official word on one either but it is an extremely good bet that they will. They have to actually. They cannot stay with only quads when the H is getting so much attention.
I agree, they would be left behind without one! Thanks!

Did you have video loss beyond those distances or what?

Something i would like to know too. I don't really care about the distance, I just want rock solid video and telemetry transmission with little to no drop outs.

Reactions: DroneClone
Ok just got my fpvlr and assumed the round antenna would replace the mushroom stock antenna. Opps, got to about 800' out and lost all data. Still had control and was able to return home. Thanks for the you tube instructions. Not sure why none of this stuff comes with instructions.

Ok just got my fpvlr and assumed the round antenna would replace the mushroom stock antenna. Opps, got to about 800' out and lost all data. Still had control and was able to return home. Thanks for the you tube instructions. Not sure why none of this stuff comes with instructions.
I posted a photo of the installation in my distance testing thread about a week ago to help others and remind myself if I happen to forget! Yes, would be nice to have instructions!

Just received my FPVLR antennas and noticed when mounted they won't tighten to a fixed position. Even when the mounting nuts are tight the offset antennas swing around loose. Is that the same for everyone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio