Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My H FPVLR KIT 9,000ft + and video

Just received my FPVLR antennas and noticed when mounted they won't tighten to a fixed position. Even when the mounting nuts are tight the offset antennas swing around loose. Is that the same for everyone?

If you remove the lock nut that is on the threads, you will be able to fully tighten the antenna (per owners instructions).

If you remove the lock nut that is on the threads, you will be able to fully tighten the antenna (per owners instructions).
Thanks for the info....considering there were no owner's instructions packaged with the antenna I'm thankful the forum has people willing to share their experience. Unfortunately, after loosening the lock nut I see that the connector itself is loose in the controller housing until the antenna is positioned and tightened. That's not acceptable in my opinion....especially since I would have to remove and reinstall the antenna with each setup and breakdown of the TH for flight. The controller with DBS attached fits into my case as an assembly so no need to uninstall and reinstall for every flight. I'll have to get some flight time on the FPVLR in comparison with the DBS to see which is the better overall solution. Thanks for your help Client1...

You're welcome, we all are sorta learning on the fly it seems. I have both antennas but have not tested them yet. I don't like how the FPVLR antenna swivels either

What case do you have that fits the TX with the DBS installed?

Just received my FPVLR antennas and noticed when mounted they won't tighten to a fixed position. Even when the mounting nuts are tight the offset antennas swing around loose. Is that the same for everyone?
Yes, same here. I just turn them downwards and leave 'em be.

This one I bought at Home Depot for like $59.00. I cut up the shipping foam container to fit the TH and controller with some Super 777 sticking the foam to the bottom of the case. It works good but doesn't look very professional. I'm going to design a new liner to custom fit all the components like the expensive cases offer and give that a try with colored expandable foam.

Here's a shot of the inside of the loaded case.

Attachments

• Rigid Tool Case.jpg
    Rigid Tool Case.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Reactions: Cilent1
Yes, same here. I just turn them downwards and leave 'em be.
What I meant was, the shaft is not centered. So I let them rotate the weight down, so the shaft is on the top side. They pretty much stay that way because of the weight distribution. Not an ideal solution, but it doesn't bother me enough to worry about it. : )

IMG_1802.JPG

Reactions: Simspeed
I have a few flights on my FPVLR antennas now and I am averaging just under 5000 feet hear at the beach in Florida. With the stock antennas I was getting 2000-3000 depending on the day or conditions. Remember this is a wide open area, but not over water. I don't have the nerve to fly out over the ocean a mile or more yet.

Reactions: Cilent1 and HarveyC
After multiple more flights with my FPVLR's I'm averaging between 4000-5000 feet depending on where I'm flying. That is way more than enough. That's 1500-2000 feet more than I was getting stock. Well worth it. I look forward to getting out in the sticks and trying a long distance flight over a rural lake as I would be blown away to get anywhere near 9000 feet like Peter.

What I find interesting is the DBS is advertised as having a linear polarization (appears to be a compound planar antenna) and the vTx in the CGO3+ is a circular polarized attenna. The rule is always match polarization or you really lower the sensitivity. I just received the FPVLR antennas myself but haven't tested them yet. With the FPVLR antennas, it's the reverse, the RC antenna is now circular polarized and the internal rx is linear (the wires hanging from the body). There just seems to be mis-matches in both systems. But what works, works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis